• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos which is more addicting? (opiates or benzos)

OP...In my experience, "different strokes for different folks." I think different personality types naturally gravitate towards different substances. For instance, some people simply love the amped, hyper feeling of stimulants, others love the relaxation of benzos, while others still (such as myself) have a strong preference for the blissful apathy that can only be found in the world of opiates.

From what I've seen, benzos cause what may be the most severe physical dependence imaginable. That being said, while I certainly enjoy benzos, moderating myself has never been an issue. On the contrary, I found opiates to be extremely psychologically addictive; the euphoria produced by heroin is one that I have never been able to forget. When you consider the physical dependence that accompanies opiate addiction, I'd have to say that opiates take the cake, at least as far as I'm concerned.

how much xanax or kpin would you suggest for an adderall comedown for someone who uses benzos once a week

I was once fortunate enough to be prescribed both Xanax and Adderall by the same doctor. I found that the two go together like bread and butter, but the required benzo dose is largely dependent on your size, tolerance, the dose of Adderall in question, and whether the Adderall was XR or IR.

I usually found 2-4 mgs of Xanax enough to ease the comedown. I have a very mild benzo tolerance.

If you're IV'ing heroin, then opiates.

Otherwords, it's benzos.

Check out The Basic Biology of Drug Addiction which has the mechanism behind each drug.

We're basically comparing apples to oranges here and each person giving their own opinion isn't really helpful. Try and focus on studies and facts which support one way or the other eh.

Personally, opiates take the cake for addiction. IV heroin has been the most problematic substance I have ever gotten involved with.

Bingo! I agree. Morphine certainly is "God's own drug".

But I must admit, I've found temazepam severely addictive. When I have them, it's totally different then when I have other benzos. I just can't stop taking them, it's like crack. Temazepam has me good too.

But the most euphoric experience I've ever had, was with methamphetamine.

Heroin is more psychologically addictive, and benzodiazepines are more physically addictive.

Psychological addictive nature of drugs can vary in between individuals, but I think heroin is way more reinforcing/rewarding than benzos.

In my experience having been dependent on both and at times concurrently opiates are more addictive in the purest sense of the term but benzos are sneakier. WIth benzos my tolerance would shoot through the roof very quickly ie within weeks it seemed like any number or combo of benzos including short half-life and long half-life like alprazolam (xanax) and diazepam (valium) would serve barely to ward off anxiety and maybe counterbalance any uppers in the mix but stop taking them (particularly short half liferes) and welcome to seizuretown. If you feel the lightheadedness and slight butterfly effect in your stomach combined with an anxious euphoria lie down, breathe deep, AVOID ALL STIMULANTS and get help. A low dose of more benzos is fine if not preferable to less obvious options.

That being said, just because you feel the dependence coming on and growing doesn't mean that opiates aren't sneaky little stalkers. Just wait til you think you dodged WDs and like Emeril says: BAM!

Heroin is more psychologically addictive, and benzodiazepines are more physically addictive.

Psychological addictive nature of drugs can vary in between individuals, but I think heroin is way more reinforcing/rewarding than benzos.

I think opioids are both more psychologically and physically addictive than benzos. It's just that benzo's physical addiction is more severe (the withdrawals can be deadly, whereas for opioids not so).

It is completely individual but I will humor you will my anecdotal account..

I used opiates as a chipper for 8 years and didn't become an addict until my mother died. I started using benzos at the same time and when I quit I hadn't stopping taking them for nearly a decade.

I seem to be the exception rather than the rule..

During my time as an addict I came across many people in many different states. From my personal experience people are much more likely to develop a long term problem with opiates. Even poly-drug abusers are much more likely to have opiates as the "main" problem.

I'd say maybe 15% (i'm totally pulling this number out of my ass) of people develop a serious problem with benzos rather than other drugs of abuse.

Different people have different brain chemistry and it appears certain "brain types" are attracted to certain drugs.

These are just my personal observations of spending a decade in "the game"

I've been sober 11 months and I rarely think about opiates but I think about benzos at least once daily.

I think opioids are both more psychologically and physically addictive than benzos. It's just that benzo's physical addiction is more severe (the withdrawals can be deadly, whereas for opioids not so).

Well I think that the fact that the physical addiction from benzos is more severe and can be fatal makes them more physically addicting. The body needs the benzo that much more to function, or even survive. The body is more dependent on them.

Whereas, with opiate addiction you might go through hell and back during withdrawal, although you wont end up in a casket when its all over. The psychological need for opiates during withdrawal is definitely stronger, however. Like your body is screaming at you to get that opiate to stop the symptoms. That in itself can make them seem more physically addicting.

They're both very addicting drugs...whichever one a person likes "best" is the more addicting one. haha...it's that simple.

I am now clean but in my drug abusing career I was addicted and went through withdrawals from herion cocaine meth codeine morphine methadone OxyContin suboxone Valium and Xanax by far the absolute WORST withdrawals I've had out of all of those drugs was benzos point blank period.

I find that withdrawals from opiates requires benzos for a more comfortable, easier 5 days of hell. Withdrawals from benzos, fill yourself with opiates. I have found that withdrawals are shorter for benzos, but be careful with using opiates. After 5 days straight use of an opiate, I find myself withdrawing.

benzos for me

the nausea, itchiness and weird headache + no real euphoria make opiates shit for me

but i realise that for some people this might not apply

also, you can take benzos orally and get practically the best effects (some rare exceptions like iv midazolam excluded), for the best effects of opis you have to poke yourself with a needle, another no thanks

yea IV heroin is about the best eupohira you can get, but as far as addiction, craving and wd benzos win by a mile. the wd makes heroin wd seem like a joke. youre detached from reality, you cant think, its such a horrible feeling.

I've been taking benzos for about 7 years, quite regularly but I've never worried about becoming addicted. This is the really key point though - I never THINK about benzos. If I can't sleep I'll take one, if I'm anxious I might take one. But I don't spend any time whatsoever fantasising about their use, planning their use, daydreaming, etc.

Opiates on the other hand. Wow it's like day and night. I KNOW I'm at massive risk of addiction. I already am psychologically addicted but have never been physically addicted. I think about them so damn much, the feeling is just so amazing.

It honestly blows my mind that people would find benzos anywhere near as addictive as opiates.

it varies person to person but in general opiates are far more psychologically addictive and benzos are far more physiologically addictive.

This exactly! My opiate addiction happened because I constantly chased that rush, that warm euphoria that only opiates could give me.

On the other hand, the only really pleasant effect from daily benzos was the relief from my acute anxiety and panic attacks weighing me down. One day five years later, the physical dependence to benzos just snuck up on me. The withdrawals were startlingly severe, and almost a year later my symptoms haven't fully ceased. :/

Opiates are on my mind constantly - getting my next fix, maintaining my supply, avoiding withdrawal, etc.

Benzos don't get me high. They take away panic attacks. I only overuse them when I am low on opiates, and when I am low on opiates I seem to become considerably immune to them. I just stocked up on benzos pretty much for life with prescriptions and I never even think about them, although if I didn't take them I'd be fucked and would likely die.

I feel like it is opiates that rule every waking moment of my life. It's never enough, I go through them too quickly, they are way harder to control, and they cure everything that's wrong with me. A cure for pain. I need both of them, so I'm not sure which would be "more" addicting. But, opiates cause me A LOT more problems in life presently regardless of physical dependency issues.

Neither is more addictive than the other. Who gives a fuck anyway?! Start using either for whichever purpose and there's a good chance you will get hooked. It's gonna be bad. That's really all you need to know. ;)

Some people like ripping holes into their bodies by shooting cocaine, others prefer wrecking their liver with booze. All of them are shit out of luck. You catch my drift?

I can shoot hydromorphone for a week and then just lay down the needle without thinking about them again for months. I could get free IR hydromorphone any day, it's just not that great. Not even the rush is. Give me some 3F-P though and you will see me wearing long sleeves for two weeks. I have to try hard not to have a (!) drink every day, I need to give my dissociatives to other people for them to lock them away, I haven't managed to kick pot after 18 years of daily use, but I don't care for benzos at all. Everyone is different. Everyone will suffer from any type of addiction.