• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos which is more addicting? (opiates or benzos)

laCster

Bluelighter
ok for me the bezno that i get my hands on most frequently would be klonopin, and the opioids i usually get are tramadol, hydro, and oxy

i kno some benzos might be more addictive than some opiates such as xanax, and vice-versa, and i know everyone reacts differently and has their own DOC ...

...but in your opinion, do you believe that klonopin is more addictive than oxy or hydro? or do you think it is the opposite??
and do you feel benzos are overall more addictive than opiates or do you think opiates trump benzos when it comes to addiction?

feel free to add in other drugs that you think are less or more addictive than other drugs? idk lol im on my klonpin and drank some brews smoked some weed and i feeeeel goood....and its my birthday!

Personally, opiates take the cake for addiction. IV heroin has been the most problematic substance I have ever gotten involved with.

Benzos, YUM!

opiates feel good but the nausous effect just does not make it addictive for me.
hmm hopefully more experience will get me liking opiates a little more.

but i have to say there is no drug like xanax. besides getting addicted to it, using it reacreationally there is no bad side to it (if you know your dosage).

Both substances will be addictive in different ways.

Benzos have more dangerous withdrawals, but I think opiates have a greater propensity for abuse, dependence, and physical addiction.

Neither category of drugs is anything to take lightly or really fuck around with at all.

Benzos are addictive in the fact that they are cheap and its easy to buy a bunch and just pop them whenever you want. Before you know it you've been doing various amounts daily for weeks, and you can catch a habit without even knowing it

as for opiates, they give such a powerful feeling it's hard not to want to feel like that all the time. however, they tend to be more expensive, and most people (unless they are pain management patients) don't have a ton of opiates lying around to pop all the time. For me it was always a journey to scrounge up the money, get a ride/walk on foot, cop, get home, and take it. It made the experience more pleasurable, but it was definitely a lot more work than popping a few kpins while you chill in your room

So I guess they are both equally addictive, but one takes more work lol

even though i take klonopin more often than i ingest opioids, i still feel opioids are a little more addictive to me, or maybe they are both equally addictive? haha

I'd be interested to see if someone could pull up some comparative studies of opiates versus benzos purely on addiction potential. I'd do it myself (though it may require reading up a little bit on theories of mechanisms of addiction) but have been so damn busy lately. Still even just some stats without any reasoning behind it would be appreciated. Without them I think this thread will go downhill fast as well :\

Both are very "addictive" in different aways. I can easily say that I think opiate addiction develops much more easily because of the effects, and benzo addiction is something that is more "active" in a way, until of course your caught in it. Benzo dependence is more of a concern than is opiate dependence assuming neither are caught in the throws of actual addiction. Benzo withdrawals can cause seizures among a host of other horrible effects. Opiate withdrawals are terrible, but almost never deadly. Some people don't appreciate the effects of opiates, and would rather get downed out on benzos, so I can't say that opiates are more "addictive" for everyone, but they are in my opinion with respect to ADDICTION. Dependence and addiction are very different. "Addictive" is such a general adjective. They are both addictive, in different ways.

Both are very "addictive" in different aways. I can easily say that I think opiate addiction develops much more easily because of the effects, and benzo addiction is something that is more "active" in a way, until of course your caught in it. Benzo dependence is more of a concern than is opiate dependence assuming neither are caught in the throws of actual addiction. Benzo withdrawals can cause seizures among a host of other horrible effects. Opiate withdrawals are terrible, but almost never deadly. Some people don't appreciate the effects of opiates, and would rather get downed out on benzos, so I can't say that opiates are more "addictive" for everyone, but they are in my opinion with respect to ADDICTION. Dependence and addiction are very different. "Addictive" is such a general adjective. They are both addictive, in different ways.

exactly it's like comparing apples with oranges...
for me, the euphoria of alcohol and benzos comes from the axiolytic properties and the sedation. but opiates provide an uplifting high as if i was glowing; my heart starts to race as dopamine and other endorphins flood my brain. i sometimes get a little anxious on opiates because a high dose makes me feel rather wierd, but a small dose of klonopin or xanax does wonders....finally able to relax into my highhh

Opiates will get you addicted faster, physically that is... you can be physically addicted in as soon as a few weeks of daily use.

Benzo's on the other hand take much longer to build a physical dependence. I was prescribed clonazepam for six months and quit cold turkey after an opiate overdose and felt no withdrawal symptoms.

However, benzo withdrawal is VERY dangerous. If not tapered correctly one can have a spike in blood pressure leading to a stroke. It can be fatal.

Opiate withdrawal, while miserable and unbearable, will not threaten your life. It will be physically and emotionally draining though.

So thats that for physical addiction potentials. Psychologically, there's no way to tell. It would vary from one person to the next. I would say that they are just as addictive psychologically in their own ways. Some people will like the high from benzos more and some people will like opiates.

Benzos seem more addictive Imo, but then again I've never done heroin (overdosed on morphine tho, 270mg thanks to impatience is never a good idea) The memory blackouts from benzos are a fucking nightmare for me (waking up with amnesia of the past few nights with everyone hating you is not my idea of a good time)
The reason I don't fuck around with benzodiazapines anymore is the amnesiac tendencies, that and the fact that they make me do things I wish I didn't (like locking my car with the keys in the ignition, running, in the pharmacy parking lot while getting more benzos while on benzos...) I like opiates, but they dont like me....

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
it varies person to person but in general opiates are far more psychologically addictive and benzos are far more physiologically addictive.

Iv heroin > anything.......since i started shooting ive never been able to stay clean for more than a month....been to rehab twice....feels bad man :(

how much xanax or kpin would you suggest for an adderall comedown for someone who uses benzos once a week

how much xanax or kpin would you suggest for an adderall comedown for someone who uses benzos once a week

With minimal benzo tolerance, 0.5-1mg of either should be sufficient to quell the negative parts of a comedown. 2mg would definitely knock you out.