• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Which drugs should a drug naive person try?

Establishing rules around using is a good way to set a list of boundaries you will cross.

GHB isn't a dissociative, it's a GABAergic depressant (GABA-B agonist and GHB receptor agonist, which causes a downstream flood of dopamine). Very, very fun drug, outrageously addictive, the only drug I have less control over redosing with than opiates.
GHB is both GABAergic and an antagonist of NMDA-receptors, qualifying it as a dissociative. I thought about mentioning that in my response, but didn’t want to weigh things down with extraneous verbiage, something I’m already prone toward anyway. That’s kind of why I was explaining Etizolam is technically not a benzodiazepine-class drug; it’s a thienodiazepine, and due to the extra triazolo ring closure (a la Alprazolam), it is a thienotriazolodiazepine. So is Metizolam and several other related compounds. By why split hairs since they effect the same neurotransmitters?

So yes, while GHB acts on GABA-B, it also acts as an NMDA-receptor antagonist, and I don’t consider labeling it a “dissociative” to be an incorrect taxonomical classification. True, it’s not an arylcyclohexylamine, but we’re classifying here according to pharmacodynamics, not chemical structure. I appreciate the clarity either way. Also, I agree with you that GHB feels fucking awesome, especially while I’m rolling, oh my goobers, it’s fuckin’ ridick. The danger with it, of course, is it can be difficult to make sure no one mixes drinking alcohol with GHB consumption. I believe alcohol works as an agonist of GABA-A and along with agonism of GABA-B caused by GHB, the effect is synergistically depressing on the central nervous system, which is, of course, Bad News Bears.

Don't fuck with opiates, benzos, or stims. Full stop. Try LSD
Full stop, really? So you think it’s impossible for someone to use opiates, benzos, or stimulants? Period (er, I mean, “full stop”… you’ll have to forgive my American vernacular). I try to encourage people not to think in absolutes like this. I mean, for chrissakes, benzodiazepines are the most commonly prescribed drugs in the world according to the EU. Stimulants are also very popular as both recreational drugs and prescription drugs. Stims can be used productively, not just recreationally. And whether you think of it like this or not, caffeine is a stimulant drug and there are many people the world over who have a so-called “addiction” to it (this isn’t a problem though as coffee and tea are cheap and ubiquitous, and caffeine withdrawal is not life-threatening, convulsant, nor painful, thank glob, just tiring AF).

Opiates/opioids – personally I find them kind of meh as recreational drugs, but they’re useful when someone needs analgesia. As recreational drugs, they’re too expensive for too little enjoyment in return. I only take them orally now, but in the past I’ve tried insufflation and IV. However, shooting-up is just too hardcore for my tastes. Tried it, not for me. Plus opioids can make me constipated, itchy, sleepy/dopey/slow, and if I do just a little too much, OMFG I become so intensely nauseated like I have instant motion sickness or something and I puke so much.

But that’s just me. I would be a hypocrite if I advocated responsible drug-use and harm reduction, but only for certain drugs which happen to be the ones I don’t like or use, lol. I know people who use use opioids functionally, each usage spaced apart in a manner to avoid both tolerance and dependency. This is the main thing to avoiding this problem, in my opinion. Don’t obsess over one drug; space it out and take the time to enjoy other compounds.

I guess it feels like propaganda to instruct people to never try a drug, you know? Kind of like the whole “Just Say No” propaganda of Nancy Reagan’s in the 1980s. That statement literally encourages people—in particular teenagers and young adults—not to think. Don’t use critical thinking and your own judgment skills, nope; but rather simply do as Grandma Nancy told you: just say no. No thinking, no evaluation. Don’t question anything ever, and do not D.A.R.E. think for yourselves… No matter what the intentions are or claim to be, that’s pure brainwashing bullshit, but it proved to be an effective mind-fuck for a lot of people, sadly.

I 100% agree with your advice to try LSD, though. Some of the best experiences in my life have been from taking LSD while amongst good friends in a great setting and with a very positive mindset. What Leary said about set & setting is so true.

I loved DARE class as a kid because I got to learn so much about drugs. They all sounded amazing to me. Lol. The police officer that taught our DARE class knew it too. I always wanted to know about mushrooms because they sounded amazing.

My friend's little sister told me that the DARE teacher told their class that me and my best friend at the time were going to grow up to be addicts, lol and Wtf? How crazy is that? Why would a police officer reveal an opinion like that to a younger class at school??

You mean like your rule, “Don't fuck with opiates, benzos, or stims. Full stop. Try LSD.”?

EDIT: sorry, I’m not trying to antagonize here; I just mean to say: you seem a bit pessimistic on the subject.
I see your point what I really meant was things like "If I shoot up I'll quit bc then I will know I'm a junkie" When I shot up the first time is was like a whole new world opened up to me. Or something like "I'll never steal or lie about my drug use." Rules like that are broken so easily. For me I set up a bunch of boundaries and then when I crossed one I would think "That wasn't a hard rule, I'm still good."

I really don't think that benzos and opiates should be on a newbies "bucket list". Maybe smoke weed or drop acid. Leave the more addictive stuff alone if you can.

Avoid addictive drugs like benzos amphetamines opiates and coke or synthetic cannabinoid s

I loved DARE class as a kid because I got to learn so much about drugs. They all sounded amazing to me. Lol.
Same. LSD fascinated me instantly.
The police officer that taught our DARE class knew it too.
Why were police officers allowed to teach anything? I mean, what qualifications do they have to teach? They're not teachers; the whole program was fucked from the beginning. What was next: piano lessons with the local fire department? Lol
I always wanted to know about mushrooms because they sounded amazing.
Yeah I feel like that program failed miserably.
My friend's little sister told me that the DARE teacher told their class that me and my best friend at the time were going to grow up to be addicts, lol and Wtf? How crazy is that? Why would a police officer reveal an opinion like that to a younger class at school??
Police officers are human and often biased against drugs and drug-users as a result of their experiences in enforcing unjust laws regarding victimless crimes. Prohibition sucks – it's a primitive would-be solution to a complex problem requiring a different approach, in my opinion

Avoid addictive drugs
That's ill-defined. Firstly, did you know the term, “addictive” literally means “spoken for” if you look into its etymology a bit. The World Health Organization tried to retract this term from the lexicon surrounding what medical professionals prefer to call dependency and this, coupled with tolerance and compulsive behavior patterns, can be very problematic, but it's not helpful to personify and anthropomorphize drugs as something capable of “speaking for you”. What a lame metaphor that is. Secondly, what about caffeine? That builds dependency… What about insulin-dependent diabetics? Those goddamn addicts, right? Or does this sound fuckin' ridiculous?
like benzos amphetamines opiates and coke or synthetic cannabinoid s
Oh okay, so “avoid amphetamines”. Sounds straightforward enough.
Deffo lsd and mdma are both pretty safe and mind blowing experiences
Wait a minute, what's MDMA stand for? Let's see, that would be 3,4-MethyleneDioxyMeth… wait for it… Amphetamine. Hmmm. So are you saying avoid amphetamines, except for MDMA, which despite being neurotoxic is somehow okay in your book? What about MDA? What about psychedelic amphetamines like DOM, DOB, DOI, DOC, etc.? What if someone is prescribed Adderall because they legit suffer from ADHD? Adderall is amphetamine all day long. For that matter what about legit, ℞ benzos and/or opiates?

I think it's unwise to attempt to make blanket statements like this. We should end all drug prohibition as it does not help society. It's not like the world didn't give it a try, but by any standard the so-called War on Drugs is a dismal failure. We collectively need to accept the fact that some of us will seek recreational drug use. Some will be okay, others will find great inspiration, and others still will allow their compulsions—combined with drug abuse—to kill them, just like what happens with alcohol and tobacco every day.

It's kinda like: a person could contract a deadly STD from having sex. Do you pass legislation requiring total abstinence for everyone while arresting & felony-convicting anyone the cops can catch who disobeys and has sex anyway? Or do you accept that people are going to have sex so might as well address the issue and educate the public about the dangers of unprotected sex, etc.? See what I mean?

Took long enough for someone to say that.
Ppl are srsly unhealthily infatuated with drugs here.

Only correct answer to a drug naive person is "turn the fuck around and don't come back"
We all know where drugs lead us, and I advise anyone to stay clear.
I did say that I try not to give drugs to drug naive people after experimenting with my wife a long time ago and I still think it's best not to give adult non drug users drugs so this isn't the first post saying don't give them any.

I did say that I try not to give drugs to drug naive people after experimenting with my wife a long time ago and I still think it's best not to give adult non drug users drugs so this isn't the first post saying don't give them any.
"try not to" implies failure.

"try not to" implies failure.

Perhaps I misspoke. What I meant was that I haven't since I got my drug naive ex wife high a few times and she had some bad and unexpected reactions.

I only give drugs to people who I know get high.

Perhaps try not to isn't the best phrasing because I don't. I don't think that saying the statement implies failure is quite correct either.

I may have inadvertently turned some people onto harder drugs over the years without realizing it.

Drugz for EVERYBODY!!! YAAAAAY!!! :😀😀😃😃😻😻

Lol!! Yes drugs for those who choose it.

ARe
That's ill-defined. Firstly, did you know the term, “addictive” literally means “spoken for” if you look into its etymology a bit. The World Health Organization tried to retract this term from the lexicon surrounding what medical professionals prefer to call dependency and this, coupled with tolerance and compulsive behavior patterns, can be very problematic, but it's not helpful to personify and anthropomorphize drugs as something capable of “speaking for you”. What a lame metaphor that is. Secondly, what about caffeine? That builds dependency… What about insulin-dependent diabetics? Those goddamn addicts, right? Or does this sound fuckin' ridiculous?

Wait a minute, what's MDMA stand for? Let's see, that would be 3,4-MethyleneDioxyMeth… wait for it… Amphetamine. Hmmm. So are you saying avoid amphetamines, except for MDMA, which despite being neurotoxic is somehow okay in your book? What about MDA? What about psychedelic amphetamines like DOM, DOB, DOI, DOC, etc.? What if someone is prescribed Adderall because they legit suffer from ADHD? Adderall is amphetamine all day long. For that matter what about legit, ℞ benzos and/or opiates?

I think it's unwise to attempt to make blanket statements like this. We should end all drug prohibition as it does not help society. It's not like the world didn't give it a try, but by any standard the so-called War on Drugs is a dismal failure. We collectively need to accept the fact that some of us will seek recreational drug use. Some will be okay, others will find great inspiration, and others still will allow their compulsions—combined with drug abuse—to kill them, just like what happens with alcohol and tobacco every day.

It's kinda like: a person could contract a deadly STD from having sex. Do you pass legislation requiring total abstinence for everyone while arresting & felony-convicting anyone the cops can catch who disobeys and has sex anyway? Or do you accept that people are going to have sex so might as well address the issue and educate the public about the dangers of unprotected sex, etc.? See what I mean?

Mate there is a big difference between someone who drops mdma and a speed freak plus mdma you can't get addicted too as you run out of serotonin amphetamines work mainly on dopamine speed is way worse than mdma

ARe

Mate there is a big difference between someone who drops mdma and a speed freak plus mdma you can't get addicted too as you run out of serotonin amphetamines work mainly on dopamine speed is way worse than mdm

And I am pro drugs but I still wouldn't recommend heroin but I deffo think psychedelic s are harmless and Good for mankind

ARe

Mate there is a big difference between someone who drops mdma and a speed freak plus mdma you can't get addicted too as you run out of serotonin amphetamines work mainly on dopamine speed is way worse than mdma
Mdma can certainly be addictive, and very damaging, however