• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Which anti-histamines DON'T cause urinary retention?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I'm prescribed Cyclizine for "postural vertigo" and have never had any problems with it, even when taking 8 or 9 in a day instead of 3 (I use it to potentiate opioids).
I often buy Diphenhydramine for itching (I have allergies to dust and dust mites, plus it adds potentiation to my Dihydrocodeine and helps with the opi-itch) and have never had any problems with that either.
[I didn't take any Diphenhydramine while on these other anti-histamines] I'm severely allergic to pollen so I started taking Certirizine a few weeks ago. They're supposed to be one-a-day but I needed like 8 a day just to take the edge off the itching in my skin and eyes. I also started to find when I went to the bathroom it'd take me a good 15 seconds or so to start being instead of it coming out straight away. I stopped the Certirizine and tried Loratadine. Same as Cirtirizine in effects and it took even longer to pee; I'd have to sit down on the toilet and consciously focus on relaxing my bladder muscles.
I went to the pharmacy and told the pharmacist that I had severe hayfever and that neither Cirtirizine nor Loratidine had helped and she recommended Chorpheniramine saying it might work better. It DID work better but now I found even sitting straining to pee for several minutes would sometimes yield no result.
My G.P prescribed Loratidine and told me to give it a week and see if it started working.
I stopped the Chlorpheniramine, had my last one maybe 30 hours ago. I can pee a little better but still perpetually feel the need to go and more times than not I can't. The area between my pubes and my belly-button is definitely swollen or bloated (I'm assuming from excess urine in the bladder).

Will the urinary retention continue to start easing off now that I'm just on Loratidine and Cyclizine? Or will they cause the issue to continue? Bearing in mind Cyclizine had NEVER done this before.