• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Where to go to rehab for "meth" addiction

Sorry to hear about your loss man, that shit makes me angry too. You can’t hold on to that though otherwise it will destroy you. It sounds like you have some amazing stuff in your life that you have managed to put together in recovery and I’m sure your old man would not want you to throw all that stuff away, the best thing you can do for him now is to be the best you that you can be and live a full and successful life.

It’s totally understandable that you have reacted the way that you have but I’m sure its the opposite of what he would want. You must be aware of this on a fairly conscious level to be thinking about going back to an aa meeting already. Well done for managing to think about getting back after only a few days of relapse, that’s not easy to do.

Let us know how the meeting goes and don’t beat yourself up about what has happened, this doesn’t have to be a disaster.

Let us know how the meeting goes and don’t beat yourself up about what has happened, this doesn’t have to be a disaster.
I appreciate your post. I can sense hope in the air. The meeting was instense for many reasons. I heard one man directly spell out why both my responses to my dads deathjab.

I went to the meeting hammered drunk. I opened the meeting saying I lost 66 months and relapsed. I explained how I rode the justifiable rage into self-sabotage.

I saw a few people I knew and was grateful to see them. I got several peoples phone numbers and talked to a serious 16 year sober man for a half hour.

Then I walked several miles to see two old using buddies (who are also genuine friends) and they were very kind. Smoking 2g of medical grade chronic on day 3 of being awake and 20 hours from last a-PiHP hit put me into a total retarded coma for nearly 8 hours.

I am going to chug four 25oz limeritas and pass out. I did not pick up a white chip.

damn thats rough. I never could relate to stimulant addiction im a hardcore benzo/opiate junkie. I get nauseous thinking about meth or coke, the only time i could take them is when i had extra fent. I know what its like to fiend for coke and meth but without physical withdrawals its just hard for me to relate honestly. I hate alcohol too, but alcohol has deadly withdrawals and i can relate. I guess i can relate from 8 years ago when i started IV heroin i jumped to speedballs right away. I remember fiending for coke even when i wasnt dope sick and had heroin. I NEEDED coke and heroin. In reality i just needed heroin and wanted coke.

I hope things get better. Is alcohol as prevalent of an issue as stimulant addiction? What is the main issue quitting stimulants for people?

damn thats rough. I never could relate to stimulant addiction im a hardcore benzo/opiate junkie. I get nauseous thinking about meth or coke, the only time i could take them is when i had extra fent. I know what its like to fiend for coke and meth but without physical withdrawals its just hard for me to relate honestly. I hate alcohol too, but alcohol has deadly withdrawals and i can relate. I guess i can relate from 8 years ago when i started IV heroin i jumped to speedballs right away. I remember fiending for coke even when i wasnt dope sick and had heroin. I NEEDED coke and heroin. In reality i just needed heroin and wanted coke.

I hope things get better. Is alcohol as prevalent of an issue as stimulant addiction? What is the main issue quitting stimulants for people?
Alcohol addiction is a huge issue might even be more prevalent than stimulant addiction at least in terms of global abuse. As for me I am just as reckless with booze as I am with stims. I'm a garbagehead in all honesty I recall in the depths of drunken episodes thankfully none in the recent past looking for cans of paint products or fuels to huff around the home as I had no plug for years and alcohol is never enough by itself for me.

I don't know it's such a big dopamine bang that when you take some and keep taking it ever more frequently you train your brain to crave that level of rush only hard stims can induce it's like a rat in a cage or something it's going to try and tweak its brain without thinking of the consequences some of us are caged more horrifically than others but all addiction can destroy equally