• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Where to go to rehab for "meth" addiction

tamarinds

Bluelighter
i have been vaping LARGE quantitys of a-PVP for 50 months straight now.

Well the cravings when not using are beyond absurd and i seem to have developed a second voice in my head that plays games with me. I have realized it is my own brain. Part of the real me trapped and locked away. It may want me to die but the concious me wants to live..... to keep vaping a-PVP. I would not kill myself and am not even considering it. But then again I am, even now vaping a-PVP and have been awake for 5 days.

My family life has deterioated and I do not socialize except for my best friend. he doesnt smoke it.

I want to go to a long term inptatien rehab that focuses on stimulant addiction. my a-PVP addiction is horrid and REALLY has me.

please, ex crack or meth heads. where did you go? are there meth only rehabs? any meds taken while recovering that helped. I am taking 20mg of celexa and have been for a month now and the synergy with the a-PVP is also addicting.

I need to get well as currently I am sending my self into the higher dimensions and im not done here in our world

i appreciate it

I have never heard of a rehab type place that specializes in stimulant addiction or methamphetamine in particular. Any professional high quality center should do for your purposes though. Try and see if you can find something attached to a good university hospital, I find those generally to be the best bet.

What part of the world are you located in?

Good luck!

Can't you quit using on your own?

You really need to consider professional psychological treatment. Psychosis is a serious problem.

That it is, a very real serious problem. One that can easily end up landing one in jail or the hospital.

Sadly people don't take meth addiction seriously because the withdrawal consist of being glued to the toilet and vomiting. Jerks.

Sadly people don't take meth addiction seriously because the withdrawal consist of being glued to the toilet and vomiting. Jerks.

This was not my experience when quitting a large, daily habit of shooting crystal meth.

I am sorry if this is anyone's experience. <3

Many addictions have withdrawals that are not physically painful, yet the addiction itself is very real and very serious. I'm sorry if your addiction was minimized because the withdrawal doesn't present physically - imo meth is one of the worst drugs to come off of because of the long lasting psychological effects.

Any treatment facility is fine. Treatment facilities view addiction as all encompassing not based on substance. Explain to them that you have a stimulant addiction, tell them its fucking the dreaded "bath salts" if you need too. I am assuming you are in the US?

I am working with a guy right now who keeps insisting he has an "uppers problem" (always pointing out that I was an "opiate and booze guy" in an attempt to make it seem like I couldn't understand him.) First of all, I would do uppers, I actually really liked coke and crack. Second of all, he went to a festival and took some LSD because it "wasn't a problem" then he is back to smoking meth and shooting coke. Last I saw him he was drunk. He lives with my sponsor so he is in good hands but still its not fun to watch.

A kid I went to treatment with way back in the day was in for MDPV and nobody (besides me) knew what it was. He really struggled and I think he has been back to treatment 3 times but last I talked to him he was clean!

If it makes you feel better, I was just walking down the street and noticed a suboxone wrapper immediately a good 20 yards away, I still see dope baggies immediately, when I get sick like I am now with colds/flus I have very slight dope cravings. I still crave crack and meth and I didn't even do much of it. Its normal to crave, it does not make you a bad person. But what is awesome is that it gets better and I cannot really put this into words but the cravings become so small and just don't have a pull. Nowadays, they are just kinda very fletting thoughts and I just think no I don't do that anymore. You've realized you have a problem, you have started the first step. Be proud of that because most of us do not even get to that point.... There are around 23 million Americans with substance abuse or dependence problems. Its not a unique circumstance. Most do not get help. I don't even want to type the number that merely try to get help because its so depressing.

Last edited:
Hello my fellow Bluelighters,

I write to you with incredible news! I have been sober for the last 29.5 months from ALL drugs and alcohol. I was shipped down to Florida and legally binded into a facility in April 2017. I stayed from April until mid July, then moved into sober living. I did 1 month IOP and then stayed another 6 months at the sober living.

In the mean time I tried Refuge Recovery, became and led 14 months of SMART Recovery -BUT- would not be sober today without working the 12 steps of AA from 2 months of sobriety on.

I now work at the very treatment center I attended, in fact I am sitting here at work now with a little down time. I always loved Bluelight and am grateful for all it has done for me. I have wanted to reply to this thread for a while but now the time is right.

Today life is wonderful. I have a beautiful relationship with God, friends and a stable, legal, job. I am attending college full time and have all A's. I say this not to brag about me, me, ME - instead to say "hey!!!! It IS possible for us drug addict/alcoholics to recover and live an amazing life - provided we follow some simple rules." All the credit of my sobriety goes to God in ways I cannot even comprehend, and thats ok, the point is it works. The 12 steps have, and continue to, work.

God bless you Bluelighters above for giving help back then.

Just look online for a local rehab center. Pretty much all of them will deal with meth. There are an occasional few who only deal with alcohol and opioids, but most will help you with meth.
Well done you for admitting you need help and trying to find it! :)

Depression is always what led to a relapse for me. Back in 2012 I was using this head shop bathsalt called ‘Amped: Ladybug attractant’. Before I found this I was shooting about 4/10ths of a gram of crystal per day. 2- .2 gram shots a day. The only thing that would slow me down was I couldn’t get any from my dealer.
So after I found this head shop shit, I had an almost limitless supply of it. It got so bad I was shooting a gram of that garbage a day.
I made the decision to go to rehab because I couldn’t stop fiendishly using it. Whereas with meth I would naturally take a few days off after a binge to just lower my tolerance, I was still horribly addicted, but this one particular bathsalt kicked my ass (compulsive re dosing, collapsed veins).
MY POINT:
When I was in rehab I was prescribed bupropion for depression and it helped boost my mood enough that it prevented me from relapsing for at least 4 months after I got out. Then I did some research and I found out bupropion is actually a substituted cathinone! Just like those precious bathsalts! So I don’t know if the psychiatrist was brilliant or it was a stroke of luck

When I was in rehab I was prescribed bupropion for depression and it helped boost my mood enough that it prevented me from relapsing for at least 4 months after I got out. Then I did some research and I found out bupropion is actually a substituted cathinone! Just like those precious bathsalts! So I don’t know if the psychiatrist was brilliant or it was a stroke of luck

I actually asked the psychiatrist to presribe me Wellbutrin as I was coming off one to two gram a day a-PVP addiction cold turkey. I knew it was a substituted cathinone - quite similar to a-PVP in structure really. They gladly put me on and quickly ramped me up to 300mg a day.

My father tried to get me to 'switch' to Wellbutrin back in 2016. I never could stop using long enough to give the pitiful idea a try. I do not believe it would have worked for me. The problem was not chemical, but spiritual.

I have no idea if ithe Wellbutrin or the Lexapro I was also put on has helped; however, I do -know- that working the 12 steps with a sponsor has helped. I am sober over 39 months at this point. Thank you all for the well wishes and congratulations. It really is Gods grace that has saved me.

The hope for me comes from the fact that recovery, permanent recovery, is possible to even the most fringe and hopeless. I still had family supporting me at the end of my addiction, however, the extreme terror and horror of years of chronic a-PVP addiction, psychosis and overdosing had it difficult for me to relate to others in early recovery. Not many people in rehabs I went to had people using that drug or experiencing the same experiences. Thank God recovery is NOT about what sets us drug addicts apart; it is how our inner life is torn apart by the drugs, our responses to that and the shared proven path that is available to us all.

Last edited:
I actually asked the psychiatrist to presribe me Wellbutrin as I was coming off one to two gram a day a-PVP addiction cold turkey. I knew it was a substituted cathinone - quite similar to a-PVP in structure really. They gladly put me on and quickly ramped me up to 300mg a day.

My father tried to get me to 'switch' to Wellbutrin back in 2016. I never could stop using long enough to give the pitiful idea a try. I do not believe it would have worked for me. The problem was not chemical, but spiritual.

I have no idea if ithe Wellbutrin or the Lexapro I was also put on has helped; however, I do -know- that working the 12 steps with a sponsor has helped. I am sober over 39 months at this point. Thank you all for the well wishes and congratulations. It really is Gods grace that has saved me.

The hope for me comes from the fact that recovery, permanent recovery, is possible to even the most fringe and hopeless. I still had family supporting me at the end of my addiction, however, the extreme terror and horror of years of chronic a-PVP addiction, psychosis and overdosing had it difficult for me to relate to others in early recovery. Not many people in rehabs I went to had people using that drug or experiencing the same experiences. Thank God recovery is NOT about what sets us drug addicts apart; it is how our inner life is torn apart by the drugs, our responses to that and the shared proven path that is available to us all.

tamarinds, so glad to hear you're clean and in recovery. I remember some of your posts from back in the day and they worried the hell out of me.

Well, after 5.5 years of sobriety, I relapsed. My dad got the Moderna shot and died from it. The doctor said it was the 2nd shot that did it. I was so hostile angery homicidal that I came up with two options - murder the pharmacist who gave him the shot or obliterate myself.

So, I chose to obliterate myself. I ordered 2g of a-PiHP and vaped it all as hard as I used to. Then I stayed drunk for 4 days whilè waiting for another 3g of a-PiHP.

The drug had me completely unaware of anything. What a trip it was. I must get sober again though I am being scholarshipped through school. Soon I will finish my Chemistry major and Math minor.

I figured I would update my journey here. I am heading to an AA meeting tonight at 8pm. Albeit very drunk as I vaped 3g a-PiHP in less than 24 hours and am fucking INSANE right now. Like a creature. But that is the transformation I wanted in my enraged state. Be good friends.

Last edited: