• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

where do you sell stuff (e.g. craigslist, ebay, etc.)

^i adjust the price to make up for the fees. it eventually sells because ebay gets so much traffic. to be honest i’ve had little trouble with buyers abusing ebay’s policies. most of my returns are people buying complicated studio cameras and thinking they’re broken when in reality they’re not meant for casual hobbiest.

while i like craigslist and facebook sales because it allows me to give my fellow human beings better deals, in person meeting are less convenient than stopping by the post office whenever it fits into my day. living in a major city and being in the heart of it makes selling in person easier. chicago craigslist gets plenty of traffic.

sellers complain a lot about ebay but it works well for me. i’m a 100 percent positive feedback seller and have made around $10k on it in the last two or three years.

yesterday i picked up a camera for $30 off craigslist that i’ll be able to sell for $120. after i’m done playing with it. is nice being able to experiment with so much photography gear with out letting it accumulate. it’s difficult to not grow attached and hoard, but i remind myself i’ll find another fun camera soon to spend the money on.
Ebay is real tough on its buyers, I had to buy two of the same 400 dollar item because the first person wanted more than 4 and apparently when I offered 4 that was a legally binding contract so when I found it for 4, bought it; checked my inbox and the other guy had changed his mind and accepted 4. If I had not bough both I was told I had broken a law...which is not something I am aiming to do so I buckled up. Sold one for 350 took a 50 dollar loss but kept IMO the nicer one anyways..

Given your interest in selling cameras, perhaps a specialized photography or tech marketplace might work well for you too.

Stumbled upon your thread from a few years ago about the various platforms you use to sell items. Seems like you've had a range of experiences with Craigslist, eBay, and Facebook Marketplace. I totally get your point about the scams and unserious buyers; it can be a real hassle to filter them out.
Since you were curious about other platforms, you might want to consider using Temu. The question "Is Temu safe?" comes up often, and from what I've read, it seems to offer a reliable transaction experience. The platform appears to provide some vetting and protections for both buyers and sellers.

Last edited:
market.

Bulgarian market, was there to play "blitz" part..

tss, went with a pack of milk back to my nest

my website.

and vinted sometimes as now I had to bc of few items..

purse backpack sneakers from steve madden i dont need these type of presence with my imagine therefore we have other open doors similar. :)