• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Where can I move to escape involuntary treatment? PLEASE HELP

forced treatment sucks

Greenlighter
Hello everyone,
I recently unfortunately became an involuntary patient in canada under the mental health act. I was misdiagnosed, its truly a shame. It's a living hell and the medications are debilitating. Im on invega and its awful. My plan is to move countries to escape this hell. Upon looking into mexico's laws surrounding mental health, I found out that they also do this to their patients. I was disheartened to read this.

My question is - do the Canadian and Mexican authorities communicate to continue my treatment when I move there? I doubt it to be honest, I think I would have a fresh start. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Secondly, I'm wondering if there are any countries that don't force involuntary treatment. Thanks so much in advance.

Well im just guessing here but i think if you move to another country you should be fine. i am Canadian and was also held involuntary and i can say our mental health care sucks big time fuck psych ward. As for countries that don't lock up their mentally ill they all do pretty much. I know people in malaysia and indonesia and they still have it there only much worse.

I'm a trader in the forex markets making good money. I can definitely afford to live in Mexico and I will keep trading online when I get there.

Last edited:
I'm wondering what action would be taken by the mental health workers here when they see me not showing up for appointments. I couldn't see them calling Mexican authorities or having the cops look into it. But they'd have to do something. What would they do? Would they track me down? I'd be driving and not flying so there'd be no record of being on a certain flight

I plan to move in about a year - year and a half
Well in that case you better keep going to your appointments because if it's INVOLUNTARY that means you might have the coppers knocking on your door and then the men with the white coats come.

Best to just tell your Parents that you are doing great, keep your appointments, keep saving your money and just play the game. That way you can stay out of the hospital and keep working and saving your money.

It sounds like you are indeed in need of mental health treatment, as much as I'm sure you don't want to hear that. Believing oneself to be possessed by angels/demons is pretty widely accepted as being a sign of serious mental illness.

I'm not passing comment on whether the treatment you are being given is appropriate.

It sounds like you are indeed in need of mental health treatment, as much as I'm sure you don't want to hear that. Believing oneself to be possessed by angels/demons is pretty widely accepted as being a sign of serious mental illness.

I'm not passing comment on whether the treatment you are being given is appropriate.
It could be.

i can't find where he talked about being possessed but i think mental patients have the right to live like others as long as they don't do harm to others,and he seems to not like to be in that hospital.
i've thought about a "hotel like mental hospital" that treats patients very well and they wont do such complains if that happens.
it was my own situation someday,i needed to get hospitalized but there were no proper hospital for me because they don't listen to what i want they just do what they want and that could worsen my mental state.
i could get a private nurse but it is expensive and they cannot treat patients when they don't have all medical facilities.
i wanted to note that there is a lack of such organization.