• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

When to bring up my addiction?

^Thank you. That actually makes me feel better about this. I still have no idea what my next step is besides trying to get off the path i'm on, but I want to be better.
I've noticed that it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks. You'll only truly stop when you're ready to stop, and it sounds like you're in a similar place as I am right now. I hate the fact that I've been on drugs for so long and honestly in the end I'm not any better off than when I started. Sure it felt good in the beginning, but as they say, "nothing gold can stay" and the past couple years were more about feeling "normal" than feeling "good". The main thing that I really believe every (drug dependent) person needs to go through is the reality that you may feel better for a while initially but at some point you have to increase meds just to feel normal and greatly increase to feel good. Unfortunately the sky isn't the limit on this, death is. You have to know how to get out before that point. The next thing you have to know is the higher you get, the higher your fall is going to be so you ask yourself "do I want to quit now at a regular dose of 300 or wait until it's 600,900,1200.... and where exactly is my death along that path?" The answer is everyone is different and no one knows. The only thing everyone does know is today is probably going to be the easiest way out that you'll ever have, and that is true every day, however on that same coin, every day is also slightly harder than the last. So there is no better time than now. Try to remember that every day will be more difficult than the last but there's plenty of people out there much worse off than both of us put together and they are clean and have been for years. There's no better time than now to change for the better. :)

Well i'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me?

I haven't been traumatized so I don't have the right to feel bad about this? I guess i'll never be a real man until my family is laid to waste before my eyes and i'm left slowly dying of the most painful sort of cancer.

I'm sorry for whatever happened to you to make you this bitter Dershieber but I'm glad you took the time to lay out some helpful advice for me.

I just got into a relationship with a girl i have been after for the past year, i'm feeling really good about the whole thing. I'm not sure when i should bring up my addiction, i know it's inevitably going to lead to lying and a little sneaking around.

I'm not sure how to approach this dilemma.
i think for me personally I'd ask myself ....
am I at a level of addicition where I sometimes have to do shady things in order to get a fix or am I a functioning addicit? If I'm a functioning addicit I'd give it time keep the two separate. As long as I'm not affecting the other person negatively . I'd wait. I've found that the less that know the better and more fullfillig my life is. When people have known it creates blocks in opportunities and uncalled for judgements.

lol @ "functioning addict"

sometimes it's better to fuck everything up and start over.

Well i'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me?

I haven't been traumatized so I don't have the right to feel bad about this? I guess i'll never be a real man until my family is laid to waste before my eyes and i'm left slowly dying of the most painful sort of cancer.

I'm sorry for whatever happened to you to make you this bitter Dershieber but I'm glad you took the time to lay out some helpful advice for me.

ignore the idiot

trolls are of no use

honestly poppies are easy to taper off cos they kind of fade out rather than drop off quickly

the longer u leave it the worse it will be. opiates arent the worst but they blunt you to life and its not suitable long term

tapering is easy, you just have to do it

same with nicotine

tapering works well

its gonna be unpleasant but in the end its worth having the control back- and your testosterone

Last edited: