• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

When do dreams about smoking crack go away? I'm new btw

Hahaha G, TBH I could smoke crack on my dreams sounds like fun but ACTUALLY DOING IT IRL would feel disgusting.

Ain’t that crack for you? Lol. It sounds like the best idea until you smoke it then the sketchiness hits.

-GC

Dreams about any of our obsessions will go away in time. The obsession itself also will go away with time. If it did not no one would every quit anything. But it is like a black hole, if you are trying to abstain and fail the dreams could be fresh. But 6 months later they do fade. That is for 100% sure. The closer to the event the stronger. Further away not so much.

Now something I can say did not go away with me. I have not shot a speedball in 32 years. Heroin and cocaine. But if I think about it my stomach does flips still. But no obsession to do that just that the thought is still powerful. And it really blows knowing if I did that at my current age I would probably end up dead. So it is off the table. whew.

Good luck OP.

Ain’t that crack for you? Lol. It sounds like the best idea until you smoke it then the sketchiness hits.

-GC
Bro, last time I smoked crack, I was in a 4$ a night motel with a guy who washed cars and the other one didn't have a nasal septum. 13 wraps of good quality blow 1$ each*** cooking Emma back to back smoking em pure, fuck tobacco or anything else, we had good crackhead pipes. After we finished I swear to GOD I felt so dirty I never ever smoked crack again, those hits were unreal though. But the whole experience overall was nasty asfffff. Never again 16 months clean ✌

-GC
Hahahaha I remember the first time I smoked crack properly I got so paranoid I thought the girl from the next room at the hotel was gonna call the cops was staring at us xD there was like 1.5g left but I ran away scared XDDDD

Maybe look into vitamins and safe OTC things to take that suppress REM sleep in favor of deep wave sleep. Deep wave sleep is better for you anyway – it's repairative and free of stressful dreams (or any dreams for that matter since we only dream during REM).

For example, 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is known to suppress REM. Another compound that suppresses it is THC. Do be aware though that there is a bit of a spring back effect that occurs if you take an REM suppressor regularly and then suddenly quit taking it cold turkey – you'll dream very vividly the next two or three nights.

I once had an incredible deal where I was essentially sold good cocaine for what seemed at the time like not much more than wholesale prices ($800 per ounce). It cooked up with very little loss (fyi if you look at cocaine with a UV light you can see how pure it is roughly). This connection was short lived but i essentially smoked a quarter pound of cocaine (converted to freebase) in perhaps 5 months. Which is pretty heavy use. Don't miss it really, though i definitely get triggered when i see crack pipes or hear people talking about it. Then again im not a big stimulant abuser. But as a largely reformed junky, what i loved about crack was the narcotic/opioid like feeling of it.

I do dream about synthetic cathinones, oddly enough (particularly smoking them).

It will pass. If you've only been doing crack and meth for a short while it should take too long.

I'd take 500mg of l tyrosine 2x a day if i were you might help with the inevitable monoamine depletion.

Hi @PrincessCrizzack. I am going to move your post over to health and recovery . You have a new member intro ( which was nice by the way ) but after we become members it's best to post our questions in the forum that it relates to. You are getting clean so I am going to shoot this to Health and recovery. Is that OK ? You also will get more advice and answers if your thread is there instead of here.

Congrats on getting clean from crack. It takes a strong person to do that.

Hi @PrincessCrizzack. I am going to move your post over to health and recovery . You have a new member intro ( which was nice by the way ) but after we become members it's best to post our questions in the forum that it relates to. You are getting clean so I am going to shoot this to Health and recovery. Is that OK ? You also will get more advice and answers if your thread is there instead of here.

Congrats on getting clean from crack. It takes a strong person to do that.
sure :) thank you

Hi I'm Aimee Ray. I'm 3 weeks clean from crack. 6 months clean from meth. I haaate the cravings and dreams that I'm getting high because they just wont go away.
Any opinions/personal experiences?

I remember those dreams... so vivid... so horrible

they do go away after a few months, thankfully

my 'relapse dreams' would always be me trying to score... and then I do score, I have drugs right in front of me... but some crazy shit always happened which prevented me from using them... most of the dream was shit happened which stopped me from using drugs... then usually, i'd fix the problem and snort a fat line and in that exact moment I would wake up... sometimes thinking I was high... but no... I woke up in rehab beds.

So fucking real...

but yeah, they do go away thankfully, it just takes time

I remember those dreams... so vivid... so horrible

they do go away after a few months, thankfully

my 'relapse dreams' would always be me trying to score... and then I do score, I have drugs right in front of me... but some crazy shit always happened which prevented me from using them... most of the dream was shit happened which stopped me from using drugs... then usually, i'd fix the problem and snort a fat line and in that exact moment I would wake up... sometimes thinking I was high... but no... I woke up in rehab beds.

So fucking real...

but yeah, they do go away thankfully, it just takes time
whennnn lol like how many months?
they are so brutal
the longest I went without smoking is 3 months

whennnn lol like how many months?
There's no magic number and the more you try to avoid thinking about something, the more you think about it.

You need a creative endeavor to set your focus on so you'll allow time to go by without obsessing unhelpfully over something you should just part ways with for a while, it sounds like. It's not going anywhere, so relax, sit back, and just enjoy the ride. Learn to be patient; it makes all of this much easier. And if you're bored and don't feel like being creative, fucking read books. Seriously, it will make you smarter, give you a broader vocabulary, establish new neural pathways in the brain, and in general make you a more interesting person, especially if you read the right books.
they are so brutal
Eh, brutal tho? I can think of so many things that are much worse… like: gallbladder/kidney stones, self-immolation, Cannibalism, concentration camps, overdosing Bromo-DragonFLY, becoming paralyzed, being born with severe schizophrenia, getting hit by a bus naked, getting shot to death while sitting on the toilet, being turned into a zombie via a parasitic fungal infection with your body used mindlessly to do the evil fungus' bidding in spreading its spores and setting off a real-life Z-Day scenario, the DMV, and so on and so forth.
the longest I went without smoking is 3 months
Except for that whole first part of your life that came before you started smoking. Remember that? You'll be just fine with or without that one, overrated, overhyped, and overpriced, short-lived little droguita you call "Crizzack". Grow, spread your proverbial wings and fly. It's mind over matter – if you don't mind, it doesn't matter. And if you don't matter, no one minds.

Last edited:
Hi I'm Aimee Ray. I'm 3 weeks clean from crack. 6 months clean from meth. I haaate the cravings and dreams that I'm getting high because they just wont go away.
Any opinions/personal experiences?

I'm sure they will eventually. I took me about 3 years after I stopped drinking before I stopped regularly dreaming about it.