• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe When can I take codeine after bupe?

Requiem4adream

Bluelighter
I've taken buprenorphine for 2 days, 5mg a day. I'm not getting on with it. When am I able to dose some dhc or codeine or trams please? Will i get ill?

The half-life of bupe is 24-42 hours so thats just under two days. I'd wait 48 hours then take ur other opioids. Or even better wait till ur in full WD.

Last edited:
The buprenorphine totally knocked me out. Dr gave me 14mg a day but I did 5mg yesterday and 5mg this morning and haven't slept a wink n was clumsy and unable to focus. Only just been able to type n sit up. So fed up. Just wanted to maintain for a couple of months

You can take either, as there is no problem taking other opioids on top of buprenorphine, but I guess you wan to know "When I will be able to feel high again?". If you are asking that then general answer would be - best to wait physical withdrawal symptoms. That way you will not waste much of "μ opioid agonism" from your stash. Codeine is classic opiate and I would wait first signs of unease, cause morphine (codeine metabolized) needs μ opioid receptor clean to do its magic. But with tramadol it is a different story and you can get SNRI effects right away. Truly opioid effects will be blocked for tramadol as well but you will get the mood boost (some like it, other say it is to dirty) without added opioid activity.
So, my answer would be - you can get tramadol SNRI effect right away, but for classic opioid effects it is best to wait until withdrawal, or few days, if you are not physically dependent. If you are not physically dependent it varies based on your personal rate of buprenorphine clearance (half-life is in range of 1-3 days) and your willingness to test-waste pills. Many factors at play and this is best I can do based on information given.
Peace 🖖
I just want to feel normal. The buprenorphine isn't acting normally for me this time. It's wiping me out. I usually do 8mg or more to get settled but now I've done 5mg and I feel all rushing and horrible like wired n can't sleep and feels like my dancing rave days it's horrible. Bupe has never effected me like this b4. It feels like a recreational drug not a mateinence drug.
Tempted to taper off my doc tomorrow as I can't bare feeling like this

It did settle down for me after a couple of days. It’s a big change. I remember work that first couple of days was hard, but by the end of the week back to normal and actually was quite steady on it for a while (as I told you best part of three years) till it would appear the inner fiend has appeared again!

It did settle down for me after a couple of days. It’s a big change. I remember work that first couple of days was hard, but by the end of the week back to normal and actually was quite steady on it for a while (as I told you best part of three years) till it would appear the inner fiend has appeared again!
Shall I take just 1mg tomorrow and 1mg in pm. I hope this extreme high goes cos it's not my cuppa tea anymore

Wow you’re buzzing off it?! Mad drug man. Yeah I agree with the above post, less can be more with bupe.

Maybe try lower dose? Like 1-2 mg daily. If you do not have big tolerance 2 mg is quite enough for maintanence. On the other hand, if you can get by tramadol (under 400mg daily) I think buprenorphine is overkill.
It all depends on your tolerance, but as you are mentioning tramadol and codeine I would say that you should reevaluate need for buprenorphine. If you are in the cycle of addiction that is going out of your control (definition of addiction) than you could benefit of low dose buprenorphine stabilization and maintanence. But be honest with your self as buprenorphine is pretty potent compared to tramadol and codeine. 5mg will stop withdrawal from 50mg oxycodone in a blink of an eye. It is potent, but not very euphoric opioid. Nobody can tell you what you should do, but it is always imperative to be honest with yourself about what are your intentions. Buprenorphine is double edged sward if your tolerance is not high. But it can be very helpful never the less. It all depends on your circumstances and needs.
Thanks.
Yeh I'm desperate for a normal non addict life to lead. Bupe has given me that in the past. My c and dhc tolerance is high and has been around for best part of 20 years. All the UK online legal chemists have stopped prescribing opiates too. I never got high off bupe 10 years ago so not sure what's got in me now. I will go back to .33 . I recon I was given duff subs 3 years ago as I was on 14mg a day n still felt ill.
Thanks for your kindness

Yeah unless they’ve insisted you do otherwise (especially after this reaction) start low tomorrow and add to it if you need it.
Yeh thanks. I'm really tempted to not take any tom as I don't think 1mg will make me feel better and it makes me feel high

When you dose codeine or dhc(dont reccomend tram) keep in mind the tablets will take halfhour atleast to work this can be halved if the medication is dissolved in water or chewed up and dissolved in your saliva you should then chase it with a can of coke or sprite I say this because when your used to taking something and getting an instant hit waiting for tablets to fully kick in while in wd can be very frustrating

You can take either, as there is no problem taking other opioids on top of buprenorphine
i thought this aswell, but then there's the effects that some want, while yes bupe takes over all the receptors, if you take a larger dose of opioids which i don't reccomend because they still have the same adverse physical effects, you can take a large enough dose to kick the bupe off the receptors

I've had enough of the bupe. It's even got me thinking about telling my partner about it all. I hate this feeling of dissociation . I hate having anxiety , it's just not working like the old days. I took 0.33 at 5 a.m and I'm buzzing, it's genuinely not nice. I'm too old and too depended on for this s*** . It cost a God dam fortune too. If I take 1 tram in a few hours will I settle? I plan to stop bupe now and take 1 50mg tram every 4-5 hours. I suppose I should call the clinic too. Thank goodness I'm not working at the moment.
Thanks for your help and support

The half-life of bupe is 24-42 hours so thats just under two days. I'd wait 48 hours then take ur other opioids. Or even better wait till ur in full WD.
It depends on how much bupe.more than~3mg will produce blocking effects. 16mg will block your receptors for a few days.2mg in the morning and 150mg codeine at lunch works better than you'd think.its almost like small bupe doses potentiate codeine excellently.as long as u don't go so far as to cause a blocking effect.6mg + 80mg of heroin i.v.'d an hour later did nothing to a frequent flyer.he went past the blocking point.2mg+ 80mg h would probably have smashed him if he waited an HR or two.

Wow you’re buzzing off it?! Mad drug man. Yeah I agree with the above post, less can be more with bupe.
So true.exactly.just like tramadol too much can cause headaches and pain.theres also an adjustment period where u got to fully let everything else drain out of your system and get used to a reverse opiate(antagonist Vs agonist). adjustment period doesn't mean withdrawals just uncomfortable adjustment.

It depends on how much bupe.more than~3mg will produce blocking effects. 16mg will block your receptors for a few days.2mg in the morning and 150mg codeine at lunch works better than you'd think.its almost like small bupe doses potentiate codeine excellently.as long as u don't go so far as to cause a blocking effect.6mg + 80mg of heroin i.v.'d an hour later did nothing to a frequent flyer.he went past the blocking point.2mg+ 80mg h would probably have smashed him if he waited an HR or two.
I did 0.5 bupe at 8 h ago and about 4mg the day before. I don't like bupe, I want to switch back to tram. What can I do

I did 0.5 bupe at 8 h ago and about 4mg the day before. I don't like bupe, I want to switch back to tram. What can I do

My worry would be that a few days of the Suboxone has somewhat elevated whatever risk of tramadol-related seizures, especially with some of the symptoms from the Suboxone you mention. As mentioned above, a low dose in the morning and codeine or dihydrocodeine at midday may actually work something like naltrexone micro-dosing by cleaning off some μ opioid receptors . . . the lower affinity for the receptors of tramadol could lead to it being completely useless for a number of days after stopping the buprenorphine.

I am glad that Suboxone helps at least some people with whatever plan they have for living their lives going forward and I am sure that like other narcotics it has saved more lives than it takes, maybe closer to even in this case because of the especial danger in overdose because it sticks to the receptors it partially agonises and fully antagonises more strongly than naloxone which is to be expected with a bridged oripavine derivative like buprenorphine and dihydroetorphine, another Substitutionsmittel used for OST in China . . . , Yet as you appear to have discovered of late, buprenorphine is a Satanic parody of classical narcotics like morphine, codeine, hydromorphone, smack, whole opium &c -- even the structural formula looks sinister. . . it is great for a narrowly-defined subset of cases of long-term moderate-dose opioid dependence and acute, sub-chronic, recurring, and chronic pain, and for spaying & neutering cats and dogs and I think it could be made into a junior version of the Immobilon Tranquilliser Dart Kit so that animal control officers can tranquilise rebellious raccoons and wake them up with a charge of diprenorphine 50 km away in the forest rather than shooting them . . .

The naloxone is an adulterant, not something that helps Suboxone do its job, which is why it is not available some places and only buprenorphine neat is. If the idea was really to keep people from getting high on it, they would have mixed diprenorphine into it, not naloxone. Unfortunately, unlike pentazocine, the agonist-antagonist in Ts & Blues and which is a serviceable fix if a dopaminergic is taken with, it, like swallowing Talwin NX and shooting tripelennamine two minutes before hand, or making the naloxone-free stuff into Ts & Blues, the short and intermediate term effects of buprenorphine are not going to be to a lot of people's liking and almost impossible to meaningfully modify unless some discovery has been made of which I am not aware.

That is the whole reason it is used as it is, of course. If people really want to bring unsupervised opioid users in from the cold, nothing would work better than a constant dose of their Drug of Choice for a month for induction into the OST programme and give them a choice amongst all the narcotics available -- everything from meptazinol to oxymorphone, though I cannot imagine any of the fentanils being manageable Subtitutionsmittel because of the short duration of action and unnatural effects . . . considering the 98 to 99.5 per cent relapse rate, I think I can say that no one has come up with a better idea. And some people love smack so much that a 200 mg slow-release morphine capsule or five won't hold them so maybe they should give them pharmaceutical smack at cost plus 5 per cent and provide an option for people to work for it if that is too steep. Which it shouldn't be -- the raw materials, labour, and overhead involved in extracting morphine from opium, CPS, or what have you and synthesising smack -- the latter of which some people do at home -- is more or less de minimus and generally even lower than the much-vaunted cheapness of methadone and even resolving it into its optical isomers to get levomethadone. If legal smack is too much of a political rock to push up hill, I can assert that whilst especially going in IV and for about 3 minutes afterwards that morphine and smack are noticeably different, it is nearly impossible to distinguish smack in vivo from other 3.6-diesters of morphine, so they could also use nicomorphine for the smack crowd or start turning out dibenzoylmorphine again, one of the three smack substitutes churned out in metric ton quantities by Merck and many others after the international ban on smack in 1924 until 1930 when they were outlawed too . . . as I have said before, if it really is important to reduce use of smack, I think acetylmorphone, the Dilaudid analogue of smack, would be perfect.

Last edited:
My worry would be that a few days of the Suboxone has somewhat elevated whatever risk of tramadol-related seizures, especially with some of the symptoms from the Suboxone you mention. As mentioned above, a low dose in the morning and codeine or dihydrocodeine at midday may actually work something like naltrexone micro-dosing by cleaning off some μ opioid receptors . . . the lower affinity for the receptors of tramadol could lead to it being completely useless for a number of days after stopping the buprenorphine.

I am glad that Suboxone helps at least some people with whatever plan they have for living their lives going forward and I am sure that like other narcotics it has saved more lives than it takes, maybe closer to even in this case because of the especial danger in overdose because it sticks to the receptors it partially agonises and fully antagonises more strongly than naloxone which is to be expected with a bridged oripavine derivative like buprenorphine and dihydroetorphine, another Substitutionsmittel used for OST in China . . . , Yet as you appear to have discovered of late, buprenorphine is a Satanic parody of classical narcotics like morphine, codeine, hydromorphone, smack, whole opium &c -- even the structural formula looks sinister. . . it is great for a narrowly-defined subset of cases of long-term moderate-dose opioid dependence and acute, sub-chronic, recurring, and chronic pain, and for spaying & neutering cats and dogs and I think it could be made into a junior version of the Immobilon Tranquilliser Dart Kit so that animal control officers can tranquilise rebellious raccoons and wake them up with a charge of diprenorphine 50 km away in the forest rather than shooting them . . .

The naloxone is an adulterant, not something that helps Suboxone do its job, which is why it is not available some places and only buprenorphine neat is. If the idea was really to keep people from getting high on it, they would have mixed diprenorphine into it, not naloxone. Unfortunately, unlike pentazocine, the agonist-antagonist in Ts & Blues and which is a serviceable fix if a dopaminergic is taken with, it, like swallowing Talwin NX and shooting tripelennamine two minutes before hand, or making the naloxone-free stuff into Ts & Blues, the short and intermediate term effects of buprenorphine are not going to be to a lot of people's liking and almost impossible to meaningfully modify unless some discovery has been made of which I am not aware.

That is the whole reason it is used as it is, of course. If people really want to bring unsupervised opioid users in from the cold, nothing would work better than a constant dose of their Drug of Choice for a month for induction into the OST programme and give them a choice amongst all the narcotics available -- everything from meptazinol to oxymorphone, though I cannot imagine any of the fentanils being manageable Subtitutionsmittel because of the short duration of action and unnatural effects . . . considering the 98 to 99.5 per cent relapse rate, I think I can say that no one has come up with a better idea. And some people love smack so much that a 200 mg slow-release morphine capsule or five won't hold them so maybe they should give them pharmaceutical smack at cost plus 5 per cent and provide an option for people to work for it if that is too steep. Which it shouldn't be -- the raw materials, labour, and overhead involved in extracting morphine from opium, CPS, or what have you and synthesising smack -- the latter of which some people do at home -- is more or less de minimus and generally even lower than the much-vaunted cheapness of methadone and even resolving it into its optical isomers to get levomethadone. If legal smack is too much of a political rock to push up hill, I can assert that whilst especially going in IV and for about 3 minutes afterwards that morphine and smack are noticeably different, it is nearly impossible to distinguish smack in vivo from other 3.6-diesters of morphine, so they could also use nicomorphine for the smack crowd or start turning out dibenzoylmorphine again, one of the three smack substitutes churned out in metric ton quantities by Merck and many others after the international ban on smack in 1924 until 1930 when they were outlawed too . . . as I have said before, if it really is important to reduce use of smack, I think acetylmorphone, the Dilaudid analogue of smack, would be perfect.
Well thank you for your comments and information. Well I didn't take the tramadol in the end as I decided to stick it out with the bupe. I've only done 1.3mg today and feel loads better. Still a bit away with the fairies" and mega tired plus the bupe still gives me a buzz which I don't want. It's so odd how different it is treating me this time. I just want to b dosing once a day n going back to my boring but happy life with a sober head on lol
Boring old fart