• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

What's Your New Year's Resolution?

i dont make resolutions but if i did, not be a spazz at work,
start taking gabapentin a few times a week vs everyday so i can get buzzed off them again, and get my driveing licence back

Maybe @jimdron?

Hows the blow going in 2021?
Blow is going great. Frequency of use remains around 4 days in a row once or twice a month. Discovering that without alcohol it is very different - I am calmer, more in control. But less high, so ...

I just filled that annual drug survey and for every drug I used, I said I would like to decrease use. It is obvious to me that are drugs are very sub-optimal solution. I think I need to try therapy once more. I am pretty sure I would benefit the most from it of all treatments that are available. But finding good (for me) therapist is super hard.

Otherwise, in 2020 my drug use increased very significantly - 3-4x I would say. Foremost in frequency but lately also in"hardness" of drugs. I don't regret it at all, though I agree that I could be in serious danger of serious harm, especially if besides health harm danger would include potential legal and social harm.

Last edited:
Blow is going great. Frequency of use remains around 4 days in a row once or twice a month. Discovering that without alcohol it is very different - I am calmer, more in control. But less high, so ...

I just filled that annual drug survey and for every drug I used, I said I would like to decrease use. It is obvious to me that are drugs are very sub-optimal solution. I think I need try therapy once more. I am pretty sure I would benefit the most of all treatments that are available. But finding good (for me) therapist is super hard.

Good shit dude i respect the therapy epiphany.

We are capable of very intense emotions sober.

And focus. Euphoria. All of it.

Good luck.

Stop excusing myself for who and how I am, and telling people to go fuck themselves if that's a problem.
My stance on most things is a lot more radical than my swedey-swede friends, same goes for moral and core values.
If you ask me for my opinion then get all butt-hurt when hearing it, not in a hostile tone, but polite and factual, then maybe the problem is you, not me.
I've cut out alot of people from my life the last year because I can't stand preachers who gets weepy when you call their bullshit.

For example; two of my best friends (the dude has been my closest friend since grade school and his GF is awesome, and we've become very close) are planning on having a baby soon. I'm full-blown antinatalist, but if people don't ask me, I don't spew my opinions all over the place.
But they asked my opinion and I'm not gonna pretend I think that shit is somehow sanctimonious when it's not.
Their arguments where based on emotions and selfishness, mine weren't. They got really fucking pissed and grumpy.

It took me a long time to accept and embrace all of me, the fucking demons and their legions aswell, but I've reached a point where I'm simply to exhausted tryin to act in accordance to norms and shit. Everybody is tryin to be so fucking P.C in Sweden about the pettiest shit it makes me nauseus.

Oh, and yeah, I'm gonna quit smoking. I haven't smoked since new years, so that one is a walk in the park.
I probably come off as an asshole, but like I said, I don't spit my opinions in anybodys face unless they ask for it;
if they do, I ain't gonna sugarcoat it to protect their fragile egos.

I don’t do resolutions for the NY, because I never keep them.
Did set January 4th as my quit smoking date tho. Haven’t smoked yet, 28 hours in. Still have smokes though so likely I will.

I’m trying.

Just do it.

I had a full pack minus two in my freezer the morning after I had my last one when I went cold turkey over a year ago, and that's afer carrying them in my lunch bag to work for a month just in case. Didn't touch them. If I can do it, you can. I ain't anything special, trust.

(I subsequently started smoking again last summer, but only when I drink so I'm a bad example in that regard) XD

I need to wet my beak. I haven't done many drugs this year and last year I didn't do any, or not anything fun; just my prescribed lithium and some alcohol. I smoked a joint this year. My first in years. Time to get to crackin', ha ;)

losing weight and i wanted to learn how to code and play the guitar, but i think ill end up just sticking to the 1st one

Not to commit suicide or something stupid like that.

But it changes everyday... Im lost, not sure what to do anymore more

Mate, I've felt lost for a long time and have been suicidal on and off for about 20 years. I've found a way to keep kicking and work through it all.
PM me if you need someone to talk to, any time.

Not to commit suicide or something stupid like that.

But it changes everyday... Im lost, not sure what to do anymore more
I had a suicide attempt in January of 2020. I was on ICU and very lucky to be alive. I will say I wish I could take it back and when I woke up I immediately regretted my choice but wanted to try again even in my medical state which was very bad. I called 911 and asked for help. I'm here today and have maintained one year of sobriety this past year. Please get treatment for your depression, anxiety, and sobriety. Suicidal thoughts are so dangerous because it can go from a thought to an action very quickly depending on triggers. Stay in contact because life is worth living. Try to change your diet, exercise, and make small goals that give you joy when you meet them. Reset to appreciate all the things you have so you don't obsess about things you don't have or have not accomplished. Know that there will be bad moments and bad days but they will pass. Get sun or take vitamin D if you are not up to it. Drink close to one gallon of water a day. The brain needs water. If you can massage. Touch (doesn't have to be sexual) is so important and many forget that especially when single. Eliminate stressful, abusive, and toxic relationships at all cost! Set boundaries with those you must engage with. Become a kinder and more forgiving person to others and most important to yourself. Smile more and watch things on television that dont feed depression. I use to was forensic shows a lot but all that death is not good when you feel down. Know that no matter how bad you feel and how fractured connections become with others that you are loved.