• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

whats worse a bad heroin WD or a bad alcohol hangover

You feel Opana WD's like the next fucking day. Ive gone through other opiate WD's but have never been hit so hard or fast by WD's then with Opana. I think you can precipitate WD's within 12-20 hours of no Opana and ITS A BITCH. Honestly its like 5 times stronger than even OXY put me through so..... Like body on fire and cant get comfortable is only the begining and it hit you in like less than a day. I would imagine Opiate WD's are the worse between the 2. I hear BEnzo WD's are the worst though.....

Opiate WDs (poppy tea) are the worst thing I have ever felt in my life. Its almost like opiates take away pain by storing it in glass jars and when you remove the opiates, those glass jars shatter inside you and every bit of pain, sadness, fear and depression you ever had, comes flooding back at once and then stays and stays and stays.

I only ever had one real alcohol hangover. It felt bad at the time, but basically was just a few hours of kneeling over the toilet, swearing "never again." It was nothing compared opiate WDs.

You feel Opana WD's like the next fucking day. Ive gone through other opiate WD's but have never been hit so hard or fast by WD's then with Opana. I think you can precipitate WD's within 12-20 hours of no Opana and ITS A BITCH. Honestly its like 5 times stronger than even OXY put me through so..... Like body on fire and cant get comfortable is only the begining and it hit you in like less than a day. I would imagine Opiate WD's are the worse between the 2. I hear BEnzo WD's are the worst though.....

This is spot on.
Opana w/d's are hell on earth.
I'd rather have someone skin my face with a carrot peeler.
Probably be more pleasant. :\
I also agree on the time frame, 12 hours later is like day 3 of heroin w/d's for me anyways.
There is not even a remote comparison between opiate w/d's and a hangover.
A hangover is laughable compared to opiate w/d's.

I've never had WD from either of them but to add to the discussion:

one thing that I see on alcohol's side of the argument when concerning WD is that say with heroin or opiates, to try to cut yourself off and get your life in order by moving to a new town. You don't know anyone there at first so you physically can't get the opiates. Yeah they are probably around wherever you go, so eventually you could find some. But Alcohol is everywhere! When you finally do stop drinking, unless you move to a dry town/county, you have to come face to face with it every day, every bar you drive by, every restaurant you go to, etc.

my 2cents.

I'd imagine one of the worst thing about opiate withdrawals is knowing there's a simple means to make them go away - that has to add a layer of mental anguish which isn't present with the flu, alcohol poisoning, food poisoning etc (all of which you just pretty much have to ride out).

Thats what i was gonna say, i've done it many times and the killer is it could all go away with one phone call and a trip to the atm. Until 2 days later or you cant get something, thats when youre really fucked.

Wow.... i read this Q wrong. I dont know how you can compare WD's to a hangover of anytype. It makes me sick just thinking about a hangover being close to WD's.....

This is spot on.
Opana w/d's are hell on earth.
I'd rather have someone skin my face with a carrot peeler.
Probably be more pleasant. :\
I also agree on the time frame, 12 hours later is like day 3 of heroin w/d's for me anyways.
There is not even a remote comparison between opiate w/d's and a hangover.
A hangover is laughable compared to opiate w/d's.

Glad someone else has experienced this. Unfortunately, Opana is the only Opiate i've ever been physically addicted too, but I know that the withdrawal is hell on earth. I can feel the chills/RLS coming on about 5-7 hours after my last dose, then comes the rest of nasty symptoms. Waking up in the morning in W/D with a full days work ahead of you is the lowest feeling on earth.

I was starting to wonder if I was just a big baby or if Opana w/d's truly are worse than other opiates.... I'm now seeing it could be the latter (and maybe a little of both;)). All I know is it isn't fun.

never experienced heroin w/d, but i've withdrawn from 6 mg a kpins a day and it was hell.

That was the funny thing about benzos, the withdrawal was enough for me to never touch them again.

Yeah, the mental aspects are terrible. The first signs of WD, for me, is non-stop yawning. From there, I know in 12 or so hours, I'll be suffering death. At that point, I have became so wound up, I have suffered panic attacks, just THINKING about whats to come.
I have often dropped to the floor, searching for "chips" of a pill, made while crushing it. I have found an entire pill before, all be it, rarely. Damn, thats like winning the lottery! Bizarre thoughts, huh?

Best

This is SPOT on with my "Oh crap the withdrawals are about to come" moments. From the non-stop yawning, right on down to dropping to the floor, shaking while I desperately search for those chips. Even the finding random pills, and thinking the same thing (I just won the lottery!).

You stole those bizarre thoughts right from my head.