• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What's up with Doxylamine?

The Holy Quadruplty

Bluelighter
Ok last night wasn't the first time I got euphoria from Doxylamine with my opioids, and benzos, but I got intense euphoria last night with my usual cocktail of Diphenhydramine (for now atleast as I usually take Promethazine instead), Chlorpheniramine, Xanax, Subutex, Cigs, and Weed plus the Doxylamine I took last night for the first time in years. I was on everything I just said all day yesterday until later that night I got some Doxylamine, and took some after having my other stuff in me. Some time went by, and I felt the Doxylamine kicking in. It felt like I took a Barbiturate, or like a Soma or something like that which is weird, because I was already on Diphenhydramine which binds to every receptor that Doxylamine does, but stronger. Diphenhydramine also binds to more receptors than it so how was I even feeling the Doxylamine while I was on Diphenhydramine let alone so strongly it made me feel like I took a very strong GABAergic type drug? Wouldn't the Diphenhydramine make it that the Doxylamine has nowhere to bind since Diphenhydramine binds to the same receptors, and stronger? What receptors were being activated I'm trying to figure out since Doxylamine only has antihistamine, and anticholinergic effects that are weaker than Diphenhydramine? Doxylamine doesn't release serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine like Diphenhydramine does either. I looked it up on Swiss, and says a small probability that Doxylamine may bind to NMDA receptors, and if so probably as an antagonist that may be producing the extra effects of it, if it really even does have NMDA antagonist effects. I looked it up, and can't find any info about it being an NMDA antagonist. It may have still had some anticholinergic effects still even tho Diphenhydramine has stronger effects on the muscarinic receptors.

Ok last night wasn't the first time I got euphoria from Doxylamine with my opioids, and benzos, but I got intense euphoria last night with my usual cocktail of Diphenhydramine (for now atleast as I usually take Promethazine instead), Chlorpheniramine, Xanax, Subutex, Cigs, and Weed plus the Doxylamine I took last night for the first time in years. I was on everything I just said all day yesterday until later that night I got some Doxylamine, and took some after having my other stuff in me. Some time went by, and I felt the Doxylamine kicking in. It felt like I took a Barbiturate, or like a Soma or something like that which is weird, because I was already on Diphenhydramine which binds to every receptor that Doxylamine does, but stronger. Diphenhydramine also binds to more receptors than it so how was I even feeling the Doxylamine while I was on Diphenhydramine let alone so strongly it made me feel like I took a very strong GABAergic type drug? Wouldn't the Diphenhydramine make it that the Doxylamine has nowhere to bind since Diphenhydramine binds to the same receptors, and stronger? What receptors were being activated I'm trying to figure out since Doxylamine only has antihistamine, and anticholinergic effects that are weaker than Diphenhydramine? Doxylamine doesn't release serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine like Diphenhydramine does either. I looked it up on Swiss, and says a small probability that Doxylamine may bind to NMDA receptors, and if so probably as an antagonist that may be producing the extra effects of it, if it really even does have NMDA antagonist effects. I looked it up, and can't find any info about it being an NMDA antagonist. It may have still had some anticholinergic effects still even tho Diphenhydramine has stronger effects on the muscarinic receptors.
I like it I think it's the best one it was the original active ingredient in OTC remedies like Unisom. The side effects aren't as bad as Benadryl so tend not to wake up parched with a full bladder
I take 25 mg for Sleep only + melatonin

Last edited:
Helo, I'm using Doxylamin, 30 mg every day. I plan to take LSD, so please if someone can give advice. Is it ok to combine it?
Tnx in advance.

To use it for sleep or something else
Using as therapy for insomnia and as antidepresive. Also pregabalin 2 x 300mg daily.
But, don't know when take LSD is it OK or maybe reduced effects of LSD?

Long time ago I was on Mirtazapine, 45mg before sleeping and even it is SSRI, the LSD trip was fantastic.
Now I'm puzzled. Hope that it will be OK like before on Mirtazapine.
davrocet21, tnx for Your respond ;)