• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What's the most tramadol you have taken at once

Drderms

Bluelighter
I have taken 1000mg of tramadol with lyrica of course lyrica is a anti seizure medication, and a few Vallium 30mg
Just wanted to know what's your maximum dose at once

1g , only once. I spent three years addicted to it, and I had only one week where I approached g. I was under lot of stress, in bad shape, pain, and depression, and I had to go to business trip. Afterwards I moved quickly, in about a week or so, to 750 mg. Spent some time there, and then went down to 650-600 mg without serious issues. Going lower wasn't that easy.

Last edited:
Tramadol being my drug of choice even above oxy. And I've never gone above 500mg in a 24 hour period, this had me vomiting and then dry heaving when everything was gone. My neighbors thought I was dying and came to check on me. Now that I've found plugging to work well for me I get to use less and only go through a slight bit of pain compared to the ungodliness of oral ROA. Back to the topic, I don't know how long tolerance takes for tram but even at my peak there was no way my stomach would even let him touch more than 500mg a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
1g , only once. I spent three years addicted to it, and I had only one week where I approached g. I was under lot of stress, in bad shape, pain, and depression, and I had to go to business trip. Afterwards I moved quickly, in about a week or so, to 750 mg. Spent some time there, and then went down to 650-600 mg without serious issues. Going lower wasn't that easy.

sorry to hear about your depression man , I know how much that sucks when you have to go on business tips , and i understand gping lower isn't easy :s

Tramadol being swims drug of choice even above oxy. And he's never gone above 500mg in a 24 hour period, this had him vomiting and then dry heaving when everything was gone. My neighbors thought I was dying and came to check on me. Now that he's found plugging to work well for him he gets to use less and only go through a slight bit of pain compared to the ungodliness of oral ROA. Back to the topic, I don't know how long tolerance takes for tram but even at swims peak there was no way his stomach would even let him touch more than 500mg a day.

Lol I can take as much as I'm Going try 1500mg tonight , I feel like I can't have seizures on tramadol . I mean my friend had 50mg and had a seizure off it . Yeah I love aswell

And we don't say Swim here this isn't drugs-forums . Swim or my cat does nothing for self incrimination buT if you make a post and say swim no one will reply to yoU.

Weird thing about tramadol to me, is that when it actually worked for me, 300 mg or 500 mg felt no different. I had a VERY noticeable effects ceiling at 300mg, and even when that dose stopped working, taking more didn't do anything. Probably a good thing, considering my history with other opiods.

I took 300mg in the morning for years. I think I took 600mg once or twice when I was desperate for effects, with no luck.

Currently kicking tramadol, slowly. Down to 100mg in the morning - every time I jump down to 50mg, I get these nasty twitches and brain zaps. I can't really function normally, as I'll be in the middle of doing something, twitch all over for a second, and forget what I was doing. LOL

Surely not the worst drug to kick, but it's certainly got it's own set of annoyances.

Weird thing about tramadol to me, is that when it actually worked for me, 300 mg or 500 mg felt no different. I had a VERY noticeable effects ceiling at 300mg, and even when that dose stopped working, taking more didn't do anything. Probably a good thing, considering my history with other opiods.

I took 300mg in the morning for years. I think I took 600mg once or twice when I was desperate for effects, with no luck.

Currently kicking tramadol, slowly. Down to 100mg in the morning - every time I jump down to 50mg, I get these nasty twitches and brain zaps. I can't really function normally, as I'll be in the middle of doing something, twitch all over for a second, and forget what I was doing. LOL

Surely not the worst drug to kick, but it's certainly got it's own set of annoyances.

are you on any anti depressants ? Because one time i took mirtazapine to help me sleep , and I took 100mg tramadol and starting having brain zaps , there horrible , I would ask your doctor for some lyrica that helps a lot , I would get them when Im trying to sleep , and just as I'm about to fall asleep I would get brain shocks it's a pain in the ass .

are you on any anti depressants ? Because one time i took mirtazapine to help me sleep , and I took 100mg tramadol and starting having brain zaps , there horrible , I would ask your doctor for some lyrica that helps a lot , I would get them when Im trying to sleep , and just as I'm about to fall asleep I would get brain shocks it's a pain in the ass .

He is getting them because he is reducing the dosage. Classic symptom of T withdrawal.

What you said about seizure... Don't do that. There are quite scary stories about seizures. One guy was on it approx one year. IIRC he was taking ~500 mg / day. Never had an issue with seizures. But then later, after maybe a year, seizure hit him after a single dose which wasn't that high. Don't remember details, like his last dosage, but the story is he is lucky to be alive (Grand mal happened while he was driving.).

You can never know. And T is not a classical opioide. Or It is but with addition off SNRI, then tolerance develops incredibly fast, and just mentioned second and third part of it (I am talking about SNRIs) are going their own paths (Not sure if tolerance is building here at all...). Our bodies react totally different to that shit. I swear, but I do hold it for a very good and useful drug. It is our fault, we went too far by abusing it. Our fault more or less. I claim that others, like doctors, state/system where one lives, are responsible too, for different reasons. Lot of things are in play here. Pharma and their patents, state etc. infulence what kind and type of a drug we are going to get prescribed. Noticed how everything is sustained, prolonged/extended release nowadays? Because it is better that way? Or because the insurance or whoever will have to pay more for the patent (And sure, because ít is 'better' for a patient. My ass...).
They use prolonged or sustained release even for substitution, what doesn't make a sense at all IMO. That is not a way our body manages such hormons and/or neurotransmiters. They (for example endomorphines) are not secreted in continues fashion, but more like pulsatile one, or per need.
Further, what is a benefit when our bodeis get used to something like morphine 0-24? That will help withdrawal when people decide they want to come off it? No they have other concernes, if I leave out money this time somethin like that people don't have to go to drugstore, or wherever they recive their substitution more than once per day, and stuff in that (legal) direction. I was in situation where I was 'forced' to take retarded quantities of 'regular' pain killers. Won't mention how many tablets I used to take per day, but It is a wonder that I am alive. All that because that sick demonisation of 'drugs' and becuase they are only meant for Satan him self, yes and those who are dying from cancer (That is at least when one is not rich.).

Anyhow is time for you to change the drug, as soon as you can. Better would be to stop, or reduce at least if you can, but since you are moving in oposite direction currently... Not sure how realistic that is. How I see it you would benefit (or at least your body would...) from switching to classic stuff like morphine, buprenorphine, or whatever. Just go away from tramadol. It is not somethine what should be used for long treatments. It is great, or IMO one of the best thing for short treatmant of pain, or maybe even depression. But only short term, and possibly not on a daily basis.

I've only ever taken 200mg of Tramadol at once, and that was before I watched my friend have a grand mal seizure while on a two-day binge of them. The dose didn't do much for me, probably because I'm used to stronger opiates like H, hydrocodone and oxycodone. I don't think I'd ever try a larger dose because of the scare I got watching someone go through that.

Yep, like ### said, the brain zaps I'm getting are due to withdrawal. I've been through withdrawal from dope and from high dose OC habits, and know how horrible they are. Tramadol withdrawal isn't nearly as bad, but it's very different and incredibly annoying in it's own way. And it takes FOREVER to wean off of it.

I will say that tramadol definitely has some sort of built in tolerance resistance vs traditional opiods. My tolerance to it took years to get to where it's at now, and I'd have great effects day after day from the same daily dose.

The thing is though, now that I've come to the end of the line with it, it does absolutely nothing for me. No more energy, no more mood lift, no more mild euphoria to start my day. Like I said, I can take 300 or 600 mg and the only effect now is relief from tramadol's bizarre withdrawal syndrome.

Once I can get down just 50mg a day, I'm going to take a few days off of work and just off completely. I figure I'll take a low dose benzo each day just in case of seizures.

I guess my point to all this rambling is: Don't underestimate tramadol like I did.

He is getting them because he is reducing the dosage. Classic symptom of T withdrawal.

What you said about seizure... Don't do that. There are quite scary stories about seizures. One guy was on it approx one year. IIRC he was taking ~500 mg / day. Never had an issue with seizures. But then later, after maybe a year, seizure hit him after a single dose which wasn't that high. Don't remember details, like his last dosage, but the story is he is lucky to be alive (Grand mal happened while he was driving.).

You can never know. And T is not a classical opioide. Or It is but with addition off SNRI, then tolerance develops incredibly fast, and just mentioned second and third part of it (I am talking about SNRIs) are going their own paths (Not sure if tolerance is building here at all...). Our bodies react totally different to that shit. I swear, but I do hold it for a very good and useful drug. It is our fault, we went too far by abusing it. Our fault more or less. I claim that others, like doctors, state/system where one lives, are responsible too, for different reasons. Lot of things are in play here. Pharma and their patents, state etc. infulence what kind and type of a drug we are going to get prescribed. Noticed how everything is sustained, prolonged/extended release nowadays? Because it is better that way? Or because the insurance or whoever will have to pay more for the patent (And sure, because ít is 'better' for a patient. My ass...).
They use prolonged or sustained release even for substitution, what doesn't make a sense at all IMO. That is not a way our body manages such hormons and/or neurotransmiters. They (for example endomorphines) are not secreted in continues fashion, but more like pulsatile one, or per need.
Further, what is a benefit when our bodeis get used to something like morphine 0-24? That will help withdrawal when people decide they want to come off it? No they have other concernes, if I leave out money this time somethin like that people don't have to go to drugstore, or wherever they recive their substitution more than once per day, and stuff in that (legal) direction. I was in situation where I was 'forced' to take retarded quantities of 'regular' pain killers. Won't mention how many tablets I used to take per day, but It is a wonder that I am alive. All that because that sick demonisation of 'drugs' and becuase they are only meant for Satan him self, yes and those who are dying from cancer (That is at least when one is not rich.).

Anyhow is time for you to change the drug, as soon as you can. Better would be to stop, or reduce at least if you can, but since you are moving in oposite direction currently... Not sure how realistic that is. How I see it you would benefit (or at least your body would...) from switching to classic stuff like morphine, buprenorphine, or whatever. Just go away from tramadol. It is not somethine what should be used for long treatments. It is great, or IMO one of the best thing for short treatmant of pain, or maybe even depression. But only short term, and possibly not on a daily basis.[/QUOTE. To be honest the only reason i take tramadol is because I'm on Suboxone maintance since I can't take any other opiates tramadol. Increases the high of Suboxone . Before anyone says the hole reason your on Suboxone is to get clean , it's my decision I like to get a nose once or twice a week

No more tram, after doing other stronger stuff. It is simply too weak when you build tolerance with more potent opiates/opioids. You could still benefit from its another SNRI part, but the question is do you need it. I find this too bad. IMO occasional users should first stick to tram as lons as it works (If they are able to control it.). It worked wonderfully to me when I was taking it few times per month for depression and recreation purposes. I used to get high and euphoria which I liked better than H (And H was very, very good back than), and energy, and instant relieve from depression (which was quite PITA back then.). Not talking about being high on opioids, I am talking about days afterwards, especially first day, I liked more than being high. Empty head, incredibly relaxed, but normal, not sedated, able to concentrate, work... followed by nice sweet crash (I had to search for a place to sleep a bit, if I was at home, wasn'T issue at all.). I think this was becuase the sleep that first night wasn't sleep at all. Staying on day after was one of nicest experiences I had : ). Instead of awakening up totally in a fucked up mode, and just wishing to go back, I felt like I was staying up from a couch, in a very good mood, after watching a nice show for example, to meet my friends to have fun, while I was actually goind to school or job. Only issue was this crash few hours later. In a school (University) I was able to sleep sometimes (I was anyway able to learn that subject from the book alone.).
I lost all this benefits when I started getting prescriptions for slow release tablets, and after I started taking it every day. One of the worse decisions in my life definitelly... After almost 15 years being clean, and never (physicaly) addicted before (I was taking Tramadol on a regular basis for two years, then stopped. Later I got overwhelmed by pain and depression, so I took that as a challenge (Going into addiction intentionally)... I was a moron, I know. But who knows, maybe that saved my life, because thinking about shooting my self in a head was my daily occupation. I was probably just a moron, and idiot, and you say it...

Drderms, do you really have to do it in that way? If you are in program, most doktors are led by the 'strategy' the patient should be satisfied nad feel comfortable with his dosage, what you don't seem to be...? Maybe you should just tell your doctor the dosage is too low for you? He wouldn't want to risk you to start shooting heroin again or something, and he will probably rather increase your dosage than lose you from the program...

In my case tolerance built incredibly fast, and it fucked up my general opioid tolerance. I am not able to get high from anything anymore (If not doing IV.). This is why I would like to know (and because I travel and I can lose my stuff, or part of it, where I have no chance to find support and to resupply.) how bad could I damage my self by injecting water, morphine hcl, and bit sucrose... I hope not much, but I have read some contradictory stuff, like that sucrose cannot be processed in our blood b/c of missing enzymes, and is simply thrown out via urine, but also that there is a way for our bodes to decompose even sucrose injected iv directly into our blood... Some relief from time to time would be welcome. Like this I just have additional concern that I will damage my body even more. I am not in dangeour to start iv all the time, for multiple reasons. I was doing iv before, but I never liked it (not the feeling from it, but the preparation is a big PITA for me. Feeling nice, but not that nice I have to enjoy it all the time), and I am now doing it only sporadically, quite seldom actually. When already talking about iv : ). Best flash I ever had was a completely natural one : ). After suffering terrible pain for three days during war, and I was a cowared I didn't want to lose front teethand, wasn't able to imagine worse pain than it already was (Extraction would cause it). After three days doc opened the teeth, the pain now increased even more. I was on my way home sitting in tram and thinking 'now I will have to kill my self, cannot handle this any more', and BANG the pain dissappeared in a less than a sec. O boy, I will never forget that feeling. At one point, first few sec, I cared about people around me, b/c my face was a grimace of happiness, and I was crying at the same time I think (Not really crying, but tears were coming out...). The feeling was like I was flying, no like I had no body, just euphoria at highest degree. I never experienced something like that before, and after... unfortunately it lasted only for few minutes, if not less... I was not using opiates/oids at that time, so the feeling didn't have anything to do with pain masking the high of them.

Last edited:
Can't edit on mobile but i ment to put 300 mgs also tram is a really fun opiate for all the bad mouthing it gets

Well I'm On 20mg a day ,and it's not even doing anything ,ruins my sex drive and makes me feel horrible , I'm gonna change to mehadone soo

Well I'm On 20mg a day ,and it's not even doing anything ,ruins my sex drive and makes me feel horrible , I'm gonna change to mehadone soo
Why are u on any amount (perday) do yoy wamt to go through hell when u stop? And you do knoe that methadone withdrawls can lasts months right? Months of miserable hell. Dont be an idiot and dont get addicted