Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone Baby Gone (2007)

I didn't know a lot about the movie beforehand, just had heard it mentioned a lot the last few years. Was a little disappointed with it, but I think that's because I had high expectations for it. I thought Casey Affleck did a good job in his role, but I didn't care for the overall story too much. I thought the pacing felt off as well; felt like it moved quickly then slowly. I don't know, maybe I'd have to give it another watch.

Spoilers? (Not really; has to do with overall tone):

Overall I thought the movie was fairly depressing. I already was feeling down because of some stuff in my personal life and then this movie was kind of a downer, so maybe that influenced my opinion on the movie.

Actual spoiler:
NSFW:
The little girl is alive! Happy ending! Not really! Maybe because of my mindset I'm not appreciating that part of the movie simply because it was depressing. I find that particularly heart-breaking how the little girl was worse off going back home to her mother who probably really didn't care. Probably bothers me because of how truthful that situation was :(

a bunch, because i've been lazy about posting in here:

Twilight of the Ice Nymphs
the backgrounds and lighting reminded me of House ('77). it went with the theater feel. in themes like virginity, cross-dressing, prophecies, infidelity. and the dialogue was trying to mimic the dialogue from like shakespearean plays. it ended up sounding really corny. sometimes i think on purpose. but this humor was mostly lost on me. if the audio would have been messed up, i would have thought i was missing out on a good movie.

Mulholland Falls
best presentation of connelly's boobs. that i've seen. otherwise unmentionable.

Falling Angels
created with the flawed idea that the more fucked up and sad a story, the better it is.

Reality Bites
winona ryder is beautiful. the 90s version of Kicking and Screaming. even though they were both made in the 90s. some funny, but a story that meanders in nothing special.

Registered Sex Offender
really low-budget. some funny lines. the girlfriend was very pretty. nothing remarkably bad or good. definitely did not live up to its loud title--something it jabs at in the movie.

American Cowslip: A Redneck Comedy
recently i've been finding movies that are advertised as raunchy sex-comedies but are actually almost nothing like the covers. reminds me of how william burroughs works were first marketed as pulp novels. i think "A Redneck Comedy" was added at some point after its original release, as the cover on netflix and IMDB are different. the movie was worthwhile. i'm glad i watched it. hanna hall from The Virgin Suicides was my favorite thing about it. she looked adorable the whole movie, and wore the prettiest blue dress toward the end.

Last edited:
Reality Bites
winona ryder is beautiful. the 90s version of Kicking and Screaming. even though they were both made in the 90s. some funny, but a story that meanders in nothing special.

I watched Kicking and Screaming after I read this, partially since I saw Reality Bites fairly recently. KaS was funnier, but I couldn't relate to it as much. Maybe it's because I didn't find college that enjoyable, so I have hard time relating to attempting to mimic their old lifestyle since they didn't no what else to do. I thought RB captured the feeling of aimlessness after graduating better, and it had more of 90's feel.

That being said I'd rewatch Kicking and Screaming before I'd rewatch Reality Bites.

Shifty-2008-Hollywood-Movie-Watch-Online.jpeg

Shifty, 100k budget and filmed in 18 days, not a bad result.

paranormal_activity_2.jpg

Seeing that there is a third installment on the way I figured I'd go ahead and watch the second. I was one of those people that actually enjoyed the first film, but I was less impressed with the sequel. There seemed to be more traditional horror in this than the first, it was much less subtle. It felt less authentic than the original, perhaps due it's much larger budget or perhaps it's because I'm rarely satisfied with sequels in general.

^ Totally agree. I thought the first movie was good - the pace was decent, there wasn't any overt cheesy horror, and it felt like real found footage (even if the ending sucked). The third one looks like its building on the second in terms of intensity of the "paranormal activity". Looks like balls.

Anyway. Last movie I saw was Heat. Nuff said.

Third_Star_Facebook.jpg

Third Star, reminded me of the Dutch film 'Simon'. Not bad.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

I'd always heard it was good, but I'm not a huge fan of romance movies or Jim Carrey so I never bothered with it - that being said, I really enjoyed it. Carrey was great, Winslet was perfect, the rest of the cast was spot-on, the story was fresh and charming, and there was a lot of impressive cinematography.

I think I fell in love with Cate Winslet within the first ten seconds she was on screen. <3*sigh* <3

gkPSQ.jpg

Justine (Kirsten Dunst) and Michael (Alexander Skarsgård) are celebrating their marriage at a sumptuous party in the home of her sister (Charlotte Gainsbourg) and brother-in-law (Kiefer Sutherland). Two sisters find their already strained relationship challenged as a mysterious new planet threatens to collide into the Earth.

Absolutely brilliant film, supherb acting and amazing directing, it almost made me forget about Lars von Trier's other brilliant films such as "Antichrist"

7.8 Rating on IMDB at the moment too, with great demographic coverage.

I just watched "Everything must go" by Will Farrell, which was absolutely a waste of my hour and half. I still don't understand why they made the movie except to help you waste your time. I love Will Farrell but he could do better.

2002 low budget australian alien zombie movie on bluray! what could possibly go wrong? ...
i turned off "undead" a little before the halfway point.

That being said I'd rewatch Kicking and Screaming before I'd rewatch Reality Bites.
^indeed.

The Troll Hunter

i saw someone mention it in here. sounded entertaining. and then it was on Instant, so i had to. cool idea for a movie. there were a few clever parts. but it got kind of boring. the trolls just do not seem like that big of a threat. and when they do finally eat someone, everyone is just like "meh." needed more horror movie to it. don't regret watching it though. a lot of Jurassic Park in it.

Last edited:
Saw 50/50. I thought it was very good. Joseph Gordon Levit did very well. Really makes you see how hard someones life can be with cancer but how laughter, friends, and family can really help.

Also I thought it was neat because it's loosley based off of the guy who wrote the movie (Will Reiser)

Last edited:
Movie_blog_jacobs_ladder.jpg

This was actually my first time seeing this. I've been hearing about it for years and finally got around to watching it. I really enjoyed it.

^excellent choice.

Pretty Persuasion

was a mix between Election and Heathers. not as good as either. took itself way too serious toward the end. but i'm pretty sure it got a laugh or two out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.