• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Whats The Deal With All Of These Movies Being Redone

TheLostBoys

Bluelighter
Just seen Halloween 2 redone back in 2009, imo, it was stupid & couldnt touch the original Halloween 2.

Same thing with Nightmare on Elm Street that was just redone, this has got to be the dumbest remake I have ever seen. Nothing like the original.

Have we lost our imagination towards making movies that we gotta remake classics & screw them up?

They keep remaking classic movies & they should just stop!

halloween 2 the remake: $33 million (worldwide gross)
nightmare on elm street the remake: $117 million (worldwide gross)

as long as people (like you) keep paying to see remakes, hollywood will keep making them...

alasdair

halloween 2 the remake: $33 million (worldwide gross)
nightmare on elm street the remake: $117 million (worldwide gross)

as long as people (like you) keep paying to see remakes, hollywood will keep making them...

alasdair

LMAO.............who said I went to the cinema to watch any movie? I havent been to the cinema in 6 years. I have Starz & Showtime at hoe & wait until these movies are out on those channels to watch.

Don't tell me you just had this epiphany...

Well, I dont watch regular tv where there are commercials for up & coming movies at the cinema. I see all these movies coming out on Starz, Cinemax & Showtime & wonder what the heck is going on & ive been wondering this about a year now.

Only time I ever watch commercials are on Sunday when im watching the NFL ticket on Directv so I never get the chance to see commercials for movies.............:)

LMAO.............who said I went to the cinema to watch any movie? I havent been to the cinema in 6 years. I have Starz & Showtime at hoe & wait until these movies are out on those channels to watch.
so you didn't pay directly, you still paid to see them.

which is easier:

1. know that you dislike remakes so don't watch them.

2. know that you dislike remakes yet continue to watch them then angrily rant on the internet about how much you dislike them.

?

alasdair

Well, I dont watch regular tv where there are commercials for up & coming movies at the cinema. I see all these movies coming out on Starz, Cinemax & Showtime & wonder what the heck is going on & ive been wondering this about a year now.

Only time I ever watch commercials are on Sunday when im watching the NFL ticket on Directv so I never get the chance to see commercials for movies.............:)

Well as long as you have been living on the sunny side of a rock, you will notice as its been happenin for the longest.
Remakes=easy money & easy work

so you didn't pay directly, you still paid to see them.

which is easier:

1. know that you dislike remakes so don't watch them.

2. know that you dislike remakes yet continue to watch them then angrily rant on the internet about how much you dislike them.

?

alasdair

It seems you have alot of inward aggression so you should either get laid or get high, either one wont cost you much. The only remakes that are garbage are the ones done the past 5 years, totally garbage.

The Getaway done with Alec Baldwin & Kim Bassinger was awesome & better than the original. There are certain remakes that are well made but maybe I should clarify that most of the stupid remakes are horror movies. Seems the young generation doesnt have any original thoughts to create anything worth while, hence the remake.

What they are trying to do is bring movies like the original "Halloween" to teenagers but remaking it. Total garbage. So again, before you throw your charming personalty my way, think about how much your life would be if you just got laid............:)

Well as long as you have been living on the sunny side of a rock, you will notice as its been happenin for the longest.
Remakes=easy money & easy work

Ive seen several remakes that were better than the original but those were made in the 90's. Anything made this past decade wasnt good. Anyway, my point was to see what everyone thought about these remakes, not critique myself.

Sorry.
Yeah these remakes are just absolutely terrible...
There really is no effort...

It seems you have alot of inward aggression...
you're the one telling me i need to get laid more - so who's being aggressive? practice what you preach?
...think about how much your life would be if you just got laid.
how much my life would be? how much my life would be what? you make no sense.

if you don't like crappy hollywood remakes, stop watching them. problem solved.

alasdair

Production companies don't like taking risks with their money, so they back scripts based on an already-established franchise/story/idea. If you want unique and thought-provoking movies, support independent cinema, because Hollywood is only interested in feeding you things that have been shat out before.

I like to think of Hollywood like that movie The Human Centipede.

^
This.

Also, why not just say Sturgeon's Law applies to remakes as well as it does anything else Hollywood releases?

I'm the first to say that I dislike the remake phenomenon as a rule of thumb... however, there are a handful of films which have far superior remakes... The Fly('86) and The Thing('82) come to mind immediately.

I'm the first to say that I dislike the remake phenomenon as a rule of thumb... however, there are a handful of films which have far superior remakes... The Fly('86) and The Thing('82) come to mind immediately.

Those two remakes were great. Now imagine how remakes of those exact movies would turn out today. They would be fucking terrible. I think the problem lies in lazy writing as well as the special effects using cgi these days in hollywood.

The thing that has irked me in the past few years has been the prevalence of remakes of foreign films that are only a few years old (Let the right one in, The girl with the dragon tattoo, etc). To me, this is overtly lazy as well as a reflection on american society.

All in all Alasdairm is right as usual. Vote with your dollar.

^^^ This would have surprised me before a few weeks ago. But ever since I saw a poster at the cinemas last week of a remake of Fright Night it had become clear that Hollywood had finally hit rock bottom. I mean really.