• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What's the damage?

Mattdammon

Greenlighter
Alright, so my friend has been using cocaine to an extent that idk if it should shoot up a red flag or not. We are experienced enough to know if there is a real issue but I'm unsure if I should bring up my concern to him. He gets about 3.5 every two weeks of VERY high quality product for an extremely low price for almost 8 months. If he finishes it within 2-3 days every 2 weeks or so do you think it's a real concern? He hasn't shown any negative outward or behavioral changes. Would you consider him a frequent user? Just concerned about his future and possible drug tests. Any input would be welcomed!

We can't discuss drug tests - but yeah - it does sound like he's a fairly heavy coke user.

If you're concerned, why not discuss it with him?
I guess that is the first question that comes to mind for me, reading your post. I mean, if you're having concerns, what harm would it do to mention them?

Expressing concern needn't be an intervention, an ultimatum or a lecture - perhaps he's the person to be having this conversation with? :)

I just didn't want to bring it up to him directly without a second non biased opinion seeing as it might be a touchy subject for him. But thanks for the advice.

Your friend needs to know what self control is, or he shouldn't be messing around with drugs like coke. Why can't he use it for a day or 2 days, then put 2 days in between and repeat the process? If he is doing it daily like that than it is a sign of weak willpower. Please explain to him what withdrawals are mental willpower, he could be using without getting addicted.

If your friend is binging the way you explained, I would be concerned he has a problem. Like spacejunk mentioned, you could have a talk with him and ask if he needs help to stop using. Also, we can't help with the drug testing aspect but that would be a greater incentive to quit.