• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Whats the biggest kratom habit you've had?

I dont get it, I have been reading all these kratom threads for months. I have taken many differant strains, Ive tried all differant dosages and have ordered from all the top vendors amd yet I feel zero effects from Kratom
Take a break (if you can) from all opiates for a month or so, and let your receptors reset themselves.
I guarantee you, you'll feel a whole lot of difference by next month.

There seems to be a lot of cross-tolerance with kratom and opiates, at least thats been my experience

I take kratom to stay away from opiates. As of right now I am off them 18 days kratom is the only way I can do it as I have a full time job. I take 15-20 grams in a day in 5 gram doses it is a God send for me and amazing how it takes the cravings away. Maybe someone could answer a question I have. Everyone knows that kratom works best on an empty stomach. Could anyone tell me if drinks such as soda that have high amounts of sugar have the same effect as food does as far as killing the buzz? I don't think it does but it would put my mind at ease if someone could answer this for me thanks.

^ Kratom takes away withdrawal/ cravings because it's an opioid, so you're pretty much just changing addictions

Yes I'm aware of that. As I said with holding a full time job it's the best I can do. Also it's an addiction that lets me spend in a week what I would normally spend in a day

^ gotcha.
Well, it's an opioid, opiates are alkaloids found in the poppy plant papaver somniferum, while opioids are substances (can be both synthetic and natural) that hit the opioid receptors, so all opiates (codeine, morphine etc) are opioids, but not all opioids are opiates :)

I take kratom to stay away from opiates. As of right now I am off them 18 days kratom is the only way I can do it as I have a full time job. I take 15-20 grams in a day in 5 gram doses it is a God send for me and amazing how it takes the cravings away. Maybe someone could answer a question I have. Everyone knows that kratom works best on an empty stomach. Could anyone tell me if drinks such as soda that have high amounts of sugar have the same effect as food does as far as killing the buzz? I don't think it does but it would put my mind at ease if someone could answer this for me thanks.

Not as much as food but I think high amounts of sugar detract from a kratom high.

^ gotcha.
Well, it's an opioid, opiates are alkaloids found in the poppy plant papaver somniferum, while opioids are substances (can be both synthetic and natural) that hit the opioid receptors, so all opiates (codeine, morphine etc) are opioids, but not all opioids are opiates :)

I think there is a debate amongst the leading researches as to the classification of the active alkaloids (I don't know about debate but at least there is discussion). Most of it is over my head but I think they are saying the main alkaloids don't exactly qualify as opioids but are said to be opioid like in structure. IDK. Might be political?

For our intents and purposes I think it's fair for us to say Kratom contains opioids but there are some who would argue apparently.

All I know is for me kratom withdrawals are a piece of cake compared to harder opiates like codeine or vicodins.
They only last about 4 to 7 days and there's no PAWS at the end.

Also WD symptoms dont become worse after many relapses the way opiates does

All I know is for me kratom withdrawals are a piece of cake compared to harder opiates like codeine or vicodins.
They only last about 4 to 7 days and there's no PAWS at the end.

Also WD symptoms dont become worse after many relapses the way opiates does

The below is my experience, ymmv:

The physical withdrawals aren't as severe as hard opiate withdrawals (except for maybe the rls which can be just as bad).

Psychologically Kratom is just as bad to withdrawal from as any opiate/opioid. It might be worth mentioning that the psychological torture of withdrawal is the hardest and most dreaded part for me.

The physical withdrawals aren't as severe as hard opiate withdrawals (except for maybe the rls which can be just as bad).

Psychologically Kratom is just as bad to withdrawal from as any opiate/opioid. It might be worth mentioning that the psychological torture of withdrawal is the hardest and most dreaded part for me
I guess everyone is different.

You should try the stem & vein kratom powder, its the bottom of the plant, doesnt get you high, but relieves most of the WD symptoms.
Add to that phenibut and CBD oil and you're almost assured of having very little WD symptoms in my opinion.

Anywho, thats just me babbling on. Cheers!!

Kratom withdrawals can be pretty nasty both physically and psychologically.... it's not like when you have a full blown dope habit but pretty close if you take enough long enough

Psychologically Kratom is just as bad to withdrawal from as any opiate/opioid. It might be worth mentioning that the psychological torture of withdrawal is the hardest and most dreaded part for me
I respect your opinion, and I don't doubt for one minute thats your reality as far as kratom withdrawal is concerned.
But for me personally kratom WD is easy as hell. I would take kratom WD over codeine WD anytime of the day

What is stem and vein powder? I want off and get WD's
Its the bottom of the kratom plant (mostly the stem), it doesnt get you high, but it occupies the same kratom receptors and kills 80 to 90% of WD symptoms for me. Add in a little CBD oil to kill the remaining 20% and you'll barely feel a thing.

Remember though, finding good S&V is not easy, lots of garbage out there

Its the bottom of the kratom plant (mostly the stem), it doesnt get you high, but it occupies the same kratom receptors and kills 80 to 90% of WD symptoms for me. Add in a little CBD oil to kill the remaining 20% and you'll barely feel a thing.

Remember though, finding good S&V is not easy, lots of garbage out there

About five years ago I was taking 5 to 7 capsules of the green Vietnamese Kratom. Good stuff. I just hope there weren't contaminants in the herb.
I think it's illegal in my state now.