• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

whats good in brisbane?

Now that it is getting cooler it is Doof season.

I haven't heard of many underground parties in the city, I prefer a dusty dance floor under the stars

Has Bris ever had much of a warehouse party scene? I know there were probably some, but it never really had the same kind of scale as Syd or Melb did it?

In Syd it is pretty dead these days, there are the occasional ones, but you'd wont to be like 15 or 16 to be in that scene now days. Back in the early 90's and mid to late 80's even (before my time) it was actually adults going, 25 and 30 yr olds and even 40-50 yr olds. These days it's just kids. And the warehouse scene is too risky, with shut downs and stuff, most big things are in legal stadiums or night clubs and such.

This pic is from Sydney in 1985, Bijou Theatre, Balmain Sydney.

10.jpg

The Infamous Line. Behind that curtain there was apparently a guy selling drugs. The sign was courtesy of a local car dealership. Photo by Robert Rosen

That would have been a great time back then.

Ok, my reminiscing of Sydney is over, back to Bris. The pic below is Jen-E

1010691_10152475499696844_4835210779174647829_n.jpg

I'd probably prefer to goto a doof tho as well these days, been ages for me, but I'm sure I'd still enjoy it. My mate in Byron said he goes to quite alot there and as long as they are not spoiled by ice heads from lismore and nimbin turning up then they are usually good.

Yeah I grew up in Lismore so I've heard plenty of stories about those boys and the doofs down there. Is there many up here or do most people just trek down to the Byron area?

I keep clear of the NNSW doofs simply due to their reputation. Plenty are held North and West of Brisbane within a few hours drive.

Early 90's before the Valley became the epicenter of Brisbane nightlife there were plenty of raves in abandon corners. I also remember a night at the Howard Smith Wharves around 93ish. That was when you needed a collar shirt for the city or a t shirt to get into a Valley venue. Wear the wrong uniform and you were shit out of luck. There are fewer empty warehouses in the Valley or Teneriffe that wouldn't attract the attention of local residences today. Even South Brisbane/West End you would be hard pressed to an empty industrial shed that doesn't have apartment block for neighbours. Now days I eye of those warehouses to convert into a Batman like lair with rooftop garden and city/river views.

I did receive an invite last week through doof channels to a roof top rave of sorts somewhere in the city.

Plenty of day parties run by doof crews spring up in city parks. Progressions of freedom on Anzac day is usually good, as is the ones hosted on the river near Colmslie Australia Day. Most a pretty tame with a set of decks and plenty of chilled out hippys and their kids getting their stomp on. I wouldn't really compare them to the underground scene of yesteryear though