View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Whatman Filter Capacity (Ketamine)

KetamineVials

Greenlighter
I've always bought one Whatman .22u filter per every 1,000 mg of K I turn into 10 mL of injectable solution. In other words, every time I'd make a 10 mL vial with 1,000 mg of K, I'd use one Whatman .22u filter and throw it away.

I Googled around, and it turns out these can handle much more than 10 mL of liquid. Now obviously, most of the information I find online relates to steroids, so my question is, roughly how many mL of K - at a concentration of 100mg of K per mL of BAC water - can a single Whatman .22u filter handle?

I'm thinking of buying a 30 mL sterile vial and making a 3,000 mg vial of K, and use only one filter. Saves me time and money. Convenient!

I believe the limit is not how much ketamine solution you can pass, but how unclean it is. All the ketamine dissolved in bacteriostatic water will just pass right on through, what clogs the filter is the bacteria and other pathogens that contaminate your situation.

There is a distribution of the chances of something still being able to pass through your filter depending on the particle size. When your filter clogs, I guess it can both congest the flow of liquid as well as let more and more unwanted particles through. It's hard to say how much you can pass through it, but under reasonably sterile conditions I believe it's quite a lot.

3x the normal should be perfectly fine if you ask me...