• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What'd you do to get off your butt today? v. "That's not real exercise!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like exercising with my husband and that is IMPOSSIBLE for him outside. His shins cannot handle it and he prefers running over all else... plus it rains here like all winter so the fields are all muddy which kinda rules out kicking around the soccer ball. Oh, and, we'd go trail running but a lot of the trails are closed because it's too cold with this elevation. I don't really believe that but that's what my friend who regularly uses trails for bikes says about all the best ones. Actually, I really don't believe that but again, he rides his bikes on these trails every weekend he can (works for a bike company go figure). I should probably double check his accuracy.

Anywayyyy, went to the 'crappy' gym and it wasn't that bad. I got in my typical hour and Seth got in his. I feel a little better about eating SO badly today.

Last edited:
When I tried running on pavement I hurt....knees, shins, ankles, and hips. This does not happen in the woods. I wish my husband did cardio :( Yeah I hike on "closed" trails in the winter. No one is going to kick you out of the woods.
If I am hiking with the dog and he is slowing me down I will pause and practice yoga or do pushups until he catches up.
Next year I would like to start mountain biking. No more gym memberships for me.

Today we are going on an 8 mile hike.

I suggest no more :( by getting outside to exercise. Switch it up.

I have decided I am going to trail run all season.
Now I need the gear.
Hey Santa!

I really wish I had a running partner. It is safer. I wiped out for the first time 2 weeks ago and lucky for me and my cat like reflexes the terrain wasn't rockier. I am continuously looking to build one out of my hiking partners or one will come my way.

I would so be your partner! I need one too.

1 hr walk along the foreshore, so about 4.5km, finishing up with a big hill climb.

Did another half-marathon this morning, beat my personal best by 7 minutes %)
Still didn't quite crack 2 hours, but I will some day soon :)
Bring on the next one!!

Yesterday
40 min. elliptical
20 min. bike
30 min. walk down/climb the hill

Today
1 hr. elliptical
30 min. walk down/climb the hill

... My logs are really boring but they kinda aid a little bit in my regimen. :)

Last edited:
Yesterday I walked around town with my girlfriend. We probably walked three miles total, but that was the most exercise I've gotten in a long time. We also visited a couple playgrounds and swung on swings. :D

I'm hoping to come back this evening and say I went about three miles with the dogs. ...Baby steps, right? :-/

I don't consider my daily activities as exercise.
addictivepersona, are you recovering from an injury or a bout of mental illness?

N3o frickin awesome!!!!

I bought new shoes which I have yet to test. Today I must. Rain and all.
001hrpx.jpg

4.6 mile mountain trail run slick as shit with fallen leaves in 51 minutes. The new hikers passed the running test.

Last edited:
morning: 1:40 dancing electro in my room.
afternoon: 20 min run / 15 min walk.
The dancing I'm trying it out, seems pretty damn good cardio, I should've ran AT LEAST 30min, instead I pussied out and walked for awhile.

Yesterday I walked around town with my girlfriend. We probably walked three miles total, but that was the most exercise I've gotten in a long time. We also visited a couple playgrounds and swung on swings. :D

I'm hoping to come back this evening and say I went about three miles with the dogs. ...Baby steps, right? :-/

Good on you :) You're absolutely right - baby steps is the way to go, as long as those baby steps keep getting bigger. You could start speeding up the walks around town and eventually start jogging with your doggies!

I don't consider my daily activities as exercise.
addictivepersona, are you recovering from an injury or a bout of mental illness?
I didn't used to consider my daily activities as exercise 'til I got hit with extreme lethargy, which I've been struggling with on top of school...

No walk this evening unfortunately. This will make me sound quite young (I swear I'm 23 :p), but my grandma is afraid of me walking around at night (even with a 95-pound-dog LOL) because of there being "too many weirdos" living where we do. Oh well--Day-light walking tomorrow afternoon it is. :)

Good on you :) You're absolutely right - baby steps is the way to go, as long as those baby steps keep getting bigger. You could start speeding up the walks around town and eventually start jogging with your doggies!
I've tried jogging with the biggest dog, but she pulls relentlessly to go faster... It also didn't help that the last time I tried jogging, I had awful shoes to even walk in. I haven't tried jogging with my brother's dog that I'm caring for now, but she may be a good one to try with since she listens. 8) My small dog is excellent to jog with, but she can only last a few hundred feet of jogging before she'll stop (she's old)--Though it's not like I can last much longer. :p However, there's going to be snow on the ground soon, I don't really see a point in starting jogging with any of them now... :-/

I bought new shoes which I have yet to test. Today I must. Rain and all.
NSFW:
001hrpx.jpg

4.6 mile mountain trail run slick as shit with fallen leaves in 51 minutes. The new hikers passed the running test.
Who makes those shoes? Look like a pair I debated buying.

Keen
I have boots too. I enjoyed them through winter and spring.
Go for the waterproof style.

These are not trail runners more like low hikers but they are light and secure. I like the roomy reinforced toe. I almost fell twice today kicking a rock embedded under wet leaves. My hamstrings are screaming from those jolts.

YES, those were the ones I debated buying! Or else a very similar pair. :p Now that I know someone had good results with them, I don't mind their price tag so much. And yeah, no trail running for me, but low-hikers are okay. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.