• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids What would you consider to be a responsible dosing schedule/ use of Phenibut HCL?

you cant treat ptsd this way. it's a recipe for disaster. that being said - once every 2 weeks MAX.

It has an "on the box" use for PTSD in many former Soviet satellite states. I have found it useful at times re PTSD, but of course, in conjunction with therapy, exercise etc...

It has an "on the box" use for PTSD in many former Soviet satellite states. I have found it useful at times re PTSD, but of course, in conjunction with therapy, exercise etc...
There is a big difference between treating symptoms, and actual remission of ptsd (chronic CPTSD sufferer here). GABA drugs of course prevent the symptoms temporarily - they also downregulate your GABA systems
which is what you need functional to manage the symptoms on your own. Alcohol, benzos, pregabalin, phenibut all create a nasty feedback cycle wherein the symptoms are greatly exaggerated after use, unless of course
you never stop the GABA agonists - or you can truly manage VERY low level use every 2 weeks or so. Even with that sort of schedule, my GABA system is so whacked from the PTSD and simple GABA abuse I experience very uncomfortable symptoms
for the next couple of days after a one off dose. I've given up on utilizing any GABA agonists for PTSD. It's a very quick route to addiction/out of control mental symptoms.
Not just my personal experience, it's pretty well acknowledged within the PTSD community. I would recommend getting on some of the peer support PTSD forums and asking what they think.

10g calibration weight on it, and it read as 4.2g, and i realized, this scale has been off since i dropped it. I quickly bought a new scale.

oh man! That must have been hell!!! Just Incase you ever need to check your scales calibration on the fly, a common nickel weighs 5 grams, I keep a nice new barely circulated one with my scale and check it weighs 5g before I measure any dose of any gear! You most likely know this but just in case :)

Four(4) days break in between doses minimum for safe dosing

2 times a week is the general guideline

I personally just use one nice dose every Sunday to enjoy the day. 1 gram in morning and an addition 500-700mg just after noon/lunch time. Makes for a great all day Phenibut experience :)

Interesting , I have some phenibut I bought a few months ago. I tried kaviance ( no longer made) it the real active ingredient is the phenibut. Thus I bought some.
wasn’t sure of the dose and took some.
I didn’t notice much. But I was instinctively cautious as I was having a harder time sleeping and I thought it would have helped.
might try it this afternoon to see if it helps with restlessness and sleep?
time of day taken for this relief?
What amounts work best for you under these civil,stances.
would any of the alporazam or the other stuff under benzos be better ? Thx

might try it this afternoon to see if it helps with restlessness and sleep?
time of day taken for this relief?
It may. Helps a great deal for me in the restlessness/sleep area. Personally, I take between 500-700mg roughly four hours before lying down to help with sleep. Most experience long wait times (3-5hrs) and think it is doing nothing so tendency to redose is a thing. Phenibut is (IMO) a very subtle drug and to really enjoy it's effect, it is best experienced in a social, work or an environment which is demanding of focus of ones attention or multitasking. Recreational dosing is a little tricky as it takes some experimenting for each individual to find their "sweet-spot" as it is referred to.
Although maybe not recommended, I have used phenibut at a weight of 3:1 to stave off withdrawals from long-term pregabalin use. I still felt "flat" emotionally and sleep was a little thrown off (natural for me anyway) but there were no serious symptoms such as loss of appetite, nausea, heightened anxiety, tremors, seizure etc.
would any of the alporazam or the other stuff under benzos be better ? Thx
Alprazolam (xanax) is a powerful, fast-acting and relatively short-lived option with a hell of an addiction/dependence curve. One of the most dangerous, IMO and experience.
I would not recommend benzo use if phenibut can be responsibly used therapeutically (my interpretation is two times or less a week with phenibut). Benzodiazepine dependence is a fierce beast indeed. I avoid this addiction above all others as it has caused the most damage physically and mentally (probably on a par with alcohol for me). Everything can result in nasty side-effects and/or withdrawals when abused and dropped suddenly... some just have a more painful bight. Please do more research on phenibut and try to err on the side of caution if this is your choice of routes.
I know I missed tons of stuff that shoulda been posted with this but please ask if there are any doubts or questions?
Best,
Ptah

The above is just opinion and should never be accepted as fact or truth for oneself. ;)

Thank you Ptah Tek, I’ll give it a go later and see if it helps.
I found them and have 250 mg tabs
I’ll try 3 or 4 and let you know if it helps.
take on empty stomach?
what amount would you not recommend from your experience?
I don’t know your weight so I’m wondering if 1000 as I probably tried taking 2. Then an hour or so later another 2 which would have been 1000 mg.
I didn’t really have any great experience or improved sleep.
?
do taking 1000 together or 1250? Anyone else? What is your magic mg with phenibut Hcl
Anyone try adding gaba to the mix.
kaviance used to make a concoction that combined some ingredients that made it work better but the amounts of each added part was unknown.
Curious if anyone has tried to make it.
when I went to the chemist pharmacy that used to sell it, the guy said thecompany stopped making it. But, the look in his eye made me think he was contemplating making it himself to sell?

I was taking phenibut every day for about 3 weeks and didn’t notice any withdrawal symptoms except for slight anxiety and tightness in the chest. The only reason I stopped taking it was becuse I noticed I was blacking out and Having no idea what had happened. This occurred a couple times but last night was by far the worst, I woke up with horrible anxiety and a terrible feeling that I had done something bad while passed out. I only took one dose of 500mg the entire day. Weird substance, not sure if I’ll keep doing it or not.

take on empty stomach?
I try not to take the HCL 9salt) form on an empty stomach but I am not always hungry at 6 AM... so I usually eat at least three saltines and drink ~16oz water before dosing.
what amount would you not recommend from your experience?
My "sweet-spot" is 1.5-1.75 grams. It took me a while to find this as I dosed all over the place when I first got a tub of phenibut: Erratic dosing and weights. All I got from it was being tired when taking too much - maybe 1/2g, then a couple hours later a gram, then later 750mg... shit like that - which didnyt bother me too much as this is what I wanted, to be less stressful and get better rest without the continuation of benzodiazepines.
The first time I did 1 1/2g after a week break and went to work, by noon I started grinning and all anxiety and stress went out the window. It was amazing. It continued to be so for a couple years a couple times a week. I used mostly on fridays and mondays- the busiest days of the week. Covid came along and I now sit at home and grind my teeth. lol I still use but have dropped the amount per dose and use more often. It is very reliable if used "responsibly" IMO.
Try 250mg first is always gonna be my recommendation. If there are any negative side-effects, at least one has a better chance. haha Ya can always add some later if desirable. I wouldn't go aver 500mg first go. That's just me.
Careful
Oh yeah... that was some of the info i forgot
190lb, 5-10, semi-active now and drink tons of water

I went with 1500. It’s pretty good with helping the foggy scatter brain feeling from sleep deprivation. I’ll see if it promotes a restful sleep as I’ve yet to go to bed.
looking back, it may hVe worked well a while back because I inadvertently had taken kratom prior to the phenibut.
Personally, I prefer something with more of a kick or blow to the head, but that’s just me. And this is better than nothing. For now. Hopefully it allows for the healing rejuvenating sleep with big long sleep waves and not the tiny scattered little bumps on a graph sleep that get tinier by the year.
Peace out

There has been much written/discussed regarding most any substance here at bluelight.
Just for further research here are some results which are fairly exhaustive on the subject of phenibut. Hopefully it will provide more detailed information which may lead to more informed decisions.
I like the head-punch of stronger drugs myself but after decades of usage had to break free from my most harmful dependencies as I was nearing my end of life.
See ya round, family,
One

It may. Helps a great deal for me in the restlessness/sleep area. Personally, I take between 500-700mg roughly four hours before lying down to help with sleep. Most experience long wait times (3-5hrs) and think it is doing nothing so tendency to redose is a thing. Phenibut is (IMO) a very subtle drug and to really enjoy it's effect, it is best experienced in a social, work or an environment which is demanding of focus of ones attention or multitasking. Recreational dosing is a little tricky as it takes some experimenting for each individual to find their "sweet-spot" as it is referred to.
Although maybe not recommended, I have used phenibut at a weight of 3:1 to stave off withdrawals from long-term pregabalin use. I still felt "flat" emotionally and sleep was a little thrown off (natural for me anyway) but there were no serious symptoms such as loss of appetite, nausea, heightened anxiety, tremors, seizure etc.

Alprazolam (xanax) is a powerful, fast-acting and relatively short-lived option with a hell of an addiction/dependence curve. One of the most dangerous, IMO and experience.
I would not recommend benzo use if phenibut can be responsibly used therapeutically (my interpretation is two times or less a week with phenibut). Benzodiazepine dependence is a fierce beast indeed. I avoid this addiction above all others as it has caused the most damage physically and mentally (probably on a par with alcohol for me). Everything can result in nasty side-effects and/or withdrawals when abused and dropped suddenly... some just have a more painful bight. Please do more research on phenibut and try to err on the side of caution if this is your choice of routes.
I know I missed tons of stuff that shoulda been posted with this but please ask if there are any doubts or questions?
Best,
Ptah

The above is just opinion and should never be accepted as fact or truth for oneself. ;)
I think it's also worth mentioning that phenibut is a very "dirty" drug. It's clearly hitting a lot of receptor sites, and withdrawal from it reflects that (im helping counsel someone going through long term phen abuse/wd at the moment and it's truly a wild ring of hell they have landed on) -- It will sub for alcohol or benzos when wding from them so it MUST have some GABAA activity, it definitely has a dopaminergic push, I would speculate it has some activity at GHB receptor site in addition to the known/elucidated gabaB agonism. That's a hell of a cocktail to do a serious withdrawal from. And sadly, only thing that will really sub for phen wd (and still it does not cover all the symptoms) is baclofen. Also fwiw - I have found baclofen to be an excellent chemical in general. very pure/useful gabaB agonism without much wd at all if titrated properly.