• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What was your scent today V. what's that stank??

dior - addict

and sage incense

...kytnism...:|

Pretty good.

Dior - J'adore is my favourite scent on a girl. Well at least on a spoiled rich girl who loves oversized sunglasses, Italian designer clothing and low does of mushrooms at the art museum. God damn, anyone have a time machine???

Anyway, not currently wearing cologne, but when I get my tax return I am gonna buy some Bvlgari. I don't *think* I smell like anything right now, but I probably smell like an army of homeless men or something.

Buuuuuuuuuuump!!

Yves Saint-Laurent L'homme Sheer Magnetism
Givenchy Gentlemen Only

Are fucking glorious.

I always wondered what it would be like to be one of those cologne wearing fools.

Ehh.

My favourite men's fragrances:

Chanel Allure Homme
Gucci - Envy (Tom Ford's first fragrance for Gucci)
Paco Robanne - One Million + Black XS
YSL - Body Kouros
Armani Code
D&G - The One

i keep bulgari
bulgari black ? *sprays on wrist* tis one of my favs. amazing scent especially for the price. i recall reading angelina jolie wears it, can't find it in her own words but a google search brings it up on a few sites. friggin sexy and bad ass with the rubbery opening. nose behind it is Annick Menardo ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annick_Ménardo ) she made another favorite of mine "patchouli 24" for le labo, excerpt from a a blog that does better description than i could come up with...

I worship at the altar of Annick Menardo’s Bulgari Black, one of the uncanniest mainstream masterpieces of the past decade, but somehow, I never gave more than a cursory sniff to her Le Labo offering – In The Guide, Luca Turin compares Patchouli 24 to the smell of a Russian scientific library filled with specimen jars brimming with toxic juices. I can’t say I’ve had the same experience, but I agree the scent exudes that deep, smoky, intoxicating vanilla smell you get from old books – not surprisingly since vanillin can be extracted from wood pulp. The delicious tarriness of guaiacol – a product present in wood smoke and obtained from beechwood tar, and the currently preferred source for the extraction of vanillin – adds a cosy books-by-the-fireplace glow to the blend. As for patchouli, its phenolic fumes feel a little buried in the smoke, but then, everybody’s said it already: the names of the Le Labo scents don’t mean much.

hmm, bulgari black, patchouli 24... o and portrait of a lady from frederic malle, dark rose with lovely frankincense. frankincense and myrrh i find very... interesting due to them being mentioned in the bible, ancient egypt and stuff smelling like a church. found an interesting vid about it.
[video=youtube_share;oCffA-NVSnI]http://youtu.be/oCffA-NVSnI[/video]

that's cool i see a a couple mentions of bl'ers blending their own essential oils... i'd like to get into that an aromatherapy. i wear perfume every day, it's like my non-drug antidepressant.

Beckham Signature
1_zps3e8a40ba.jpg

Burberry Sport
2_zps6455055e.jpg

Lacoste Red
3_zps23ccc888.jpg

Dolce & Gabbana The One
4_zps19dd5f05.jpg

Last edited:
Cologne vs Aftershave

...not originally posted by me, just saving the good part of somewhat interesting spam...

So guys, what you use after shave: Cologne or Aftershave?

I use cologne, but most of my friends use aftershave which I don't like. I am sure that most of you use aftershave, but am I only one with cologne?

Last edited:
^ i think for most people, the two are synonymous...

i used this for over 20 years:

gentman1.7.jpg

recently switched to:

fahr1.7.jpg

alasdair

^ i think for most people, the two are synonymous...

Hmm, I have to disagree. AFAIK cologne is only meant to make you smell good while aftershave is meant to soothe the skin after shaving + make you smell good.

I would never splash cologne on my face directly after shaving for fear of all the chemicals burning and irritating my skin. I don't use aftershave, either. I just rinse with cold water and towel off.

Same don't use aftershave or cologne. Very rarely I'll slap on a little St. John's Bay Rum on the face if I'm feeling frisky.
Bay-Rum-1.jpg

No but I kinda want to try after reading that I'd probably switch out the rosemary oil for some lavender oil for the soothing benefits. I can almost smell it now.

I wonder if aftershave is just colonge that is watered down? I would have to research. Just a shower or a damp cloth here.

As far as strength of smell goes I am pretty sure it is;

Aftershave
Eau de toilette
Eau de cologne
Eau de parfum

Translation is lost if you were wearing an Eau de parfum and you told people it was perfume.

Let's not give people around us a chance to breath pure fresh air! Instead, let's MAKE them breath BENZALDEHYDE, acetone, Etc.

Fuck off.

^ This generally is greatly increased with low quality inexpensive products. Most give me a headache, and it's actually something I have to test for prior to purchase. Though I do get what you're saying about just wanting some fresh air.

Not enough of it around these days to start.

Last edited: