• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What was Jesus saying

@ Alastair, (SPL/?) said something in homage to ghandi's, quote on Christians.

Would be interesting to have a postomous view on Ghandi's take on Modi's government, presently?...not as a 'gotcha', me ment but regarding the bullshit of self-righteous, stances regarding religion or, any other inflexible opinion, without consideration of the state of context-in-flux, and the values that transcend those; that religions, may or may not, include

These are important discussions, to be had, a indeed. 🙂

I am non denominational, and only care what is in the Bible, read the new Testement then then old testement, then try then try telling me your Catholic lies. There are a lot of denominations, and most are heretical. I am a true believer, who is not pious, arrogant, just AM pissed off currently( need to work on it) so many protestant churches have comprised on the gospel and secondary issues that many are less than useless. Then there are all the so called Christian cults. The apostle Paul; who wrote much of the new testement called heretics out. Methodists, episcopals, seventh day Adventists, most Lutheran, Assembly of God, to name a few. Not to mention most of the churches who still are a part of the Southern Baptist Convention. I am not attack Baptists, just the Southern Baptist convention churches. That is to name a few. Morons and jehovah's witnesses are stright up cults. All pentecostal and word of faith apostate church's are liars and hell bound, You heal no one, you do not control the weather: your prophecies are bullshit, the real phophets of the old testement and into the first century A.D., were always right down to last detail, the speaking in toungues: read the Bible you have no idea what it really was, do they care: no because they refuse to hear the truth and study scripture. They take a few verses out of context and make up the rest.
You make real Christians look stupid, they have taken over the Christian broadcasts, almost all on TV are ridiculous money grubbing liars, they steal from the desperate, stupid and sometimes greedy dumbasses who think giving Benny Hinn of Kenneth Copeland will heal them or get them more money.
A real church preaches the gospel and truly honors the Lord. Real ministries now suffer because of them. I pray that those in wort h less churches will wake up and find a real Bible believing church, and those not saved will repent, accept christ and live a Godly life.
I know it is hard I am still recovering, but The Lord has helped me in too many ways to mention. I admit I keep some addiction stuff private and that is between me and God. I am open to an extent, but God has really done wonders in ways I will not talk about, I pray and hope people will wake up. Christ is the only way, and like many of those reading this I am talking a out more than my current, relatively minor struggle. Somethings are better left unsaid.
It sounds like you have strong convictions about your faith and are deeply concerned about the state of Christianity today. The questions of what constitutes "true" Christianity, and which denominations or beliefs are "correct" or "heretical," have been points of contention for nearly as long as Christianity has existed. These are not small or simple issues, and the debate around them often taps into deeply held beliefs and emotions.

In various Christian traditions, heresy is generally defined as a belief or theory that is strongly at variance with established beliefs or customs, particularly in the context of religion. From a historical perspective, different branches of Christianity have accused each other of heresy at various times.

In the New Testament, Paul does indeed warn against false teachers and doctrines that distort the gospel (e.g., Galatians 1:6-9, 2 Timothy 4:3-4). However, it's important to remember that the early Christian communities to which Paul was writing were even more diverse in their beliefs and practices than Christian communities are today. The letters in the New Testament were often written to address specific issues within specific communities, and so their guidance needs to be interpreted carefully and thoughtfully to understand how it might apply to the different contexts we find ourselves in today.

When you mention healing, prophecy, and speaking in tongues, you're touching on topics that have been the subject of significant theological debate. The New Testament itself contains various perspectives on these topics. For example, the "spiritual gifts" Paul discusses in 1 Corinthians 12–14 include gifts of healing, prophecy, and speaking in tongues, and Paul seems to regard these gifts as legitimate and important, albeit subject to proper order and discipline within the church community.

In terms of Christian broadcasts and preachers who engage in what you see as money-grubbing or deceitful behavior, concerns about false teachers are indeed shared by many Christians. The New Testament contains warnings against false prophets and teachers who exploit people for financial gain (e.g., 2 Peter 2:1-3).

It's clear you're passionate about your beliefs, but it's also important to approach others with humility and grace, remembering that many people are doing their best to follow God according to their understanding and the light they have been given. Strongly worded accusations can serve to alienate rather than enlighten, particularly when dealing with matters of faith that are deeply personal and significant to people's identities.

Lastly, it's wonderful to hear that you've experienced God's help in your life, especially when dealing with struggles that you prefer to keep private. It sounds like your faith has been a source of strength and transformation for you.

Are you completely unaware of pope Francis getting leaders of all sorts of religions under one roof, or the late mikhail Gorbachev ( an atheists) efforts, or even King Chuck trying it.
I refuse to show that douche bag respect, I liked the Queen Mum, she kept her marbles till 102, tough funny old bird, big the global religion may not be gaining much attraction but powerful people are trying.
I am a Christian and a patriot, and will never submit to there crap. The pope is a joke, he ain't even a Catholic. He is an attention seeking Eunoch, with no real beliefs other than Marxism.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts; it's clear you have strong feelings about this issue. While I respect your right to your opinion, I have a different perspective. I believe that Pope Francis' efforts to bring religious leaders together under one roof aim to foster unity and understanding among different faiths, rather than diluting the principles of Catholicism. As for Mikhail Gorbachev, his atheism doesn't necessarily negate the value of his efforts in other areas, such as diplomacy and reform.

I also have a different view on the concept of global religion. While it's true that some powerful figures are advocating for it, the intent isn't always to undermine individual faiths but perhaps to find common ground that could lead to a more peaceful coexistence.

Lastly, I understand that you have a strong attachment to traditional figures like the Queen Mum, and that's completely valid. However, it's worth considering that each leader, religious or otherwise, has their own approach to governance and public relations, which may not always align with our personal beliefs but can have merits of their own.

I'm a firm believer in constructive dialogue, so I'm open to hearing more about why you feel the way you do.

live by the commandments
so you keep the sabbath holy? and circumcize your slaves? and make sure not to wear linen and wool in the same outfit? and skip pig and shellfish? and...

anyway, why should i assume that the bible is in any way "divinely inspired"? because it says so?

I do not see anyone refuted what I wrote, they are spouting nonsense that has nothing to do with what I wrote. They can not refute so they make up nonsense