• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What to replace Naltrexone powder with in Vivitrol shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach61422

Greenlighter
Sorry if title is confusing. So here's my situation. I'm being forced to get the Vivitrol shot tomorrow by my court along with my doctor in order to be part of my group therapy, which is also a court requirement. However, the active ingredient Naltrexone makes me feel sick and just terrible. Lots of side effects for me.

I came up with an idea to still get the shot, yet receive no Naltrexone. My first idea can't be done. I was going to simply replace the serum with a diluent, and receive shot with pure diluent.

However, I did not realize that the Vivitrol shot contains both diluent along with powder Naltrexone to be mixed together before getting the shot. That leaves me with a challenge to replace the white Naltrexone powder with something that looks alike, dissolves in the diluent, and will not hurt me. What kind of powder can I use to replace the Naltrexone? Anyone have any other ideas?

Also, please don't tell me to just tell them it makes me sick. I've tried, yet they're still forcing me to get the shot.

Welcome to BL!

This kind of thing really pisses me off. Are they not offering any other possibilities for treatment, such a buprenorphine or rehab or a longer group program with UAs or something? Is your allergy to naltrexone documented by a doctor? If it is the court cannot force you onto that medication.

In that sense, as long as it isn’t life threatening get yourself evaluated by another doctor when you start to experience unpleasant side effects so you can go back to the court and tell them you have evidence you cannot tolerate the medication. Then again, a short of Viv lasts a while. Try to get them to give you a trial run of oral naltrexone first, document side effects/allergy with an MD and deal with the court.

Sometimes I just can’t stand how parts of the criminal justice system “deal” with opioid users. I’d be curious to hear which state you’re in (or country).

Unfortunately we can help you in terms of helping you play a fast one with your legal issues. Technically this is a legal issue discussions topic, and those a prohibited on BL.

If we can help you brainstorm alternative possibilities to bring to the court we will try to help you. See as this is happening so soon you’re likely our of luck. Shoot me a pm if you want to discuss other options in terms of court related treatment, but unfortunately I’m going to have to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.