• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What to expect...

Doomblade

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, I'm sure there are a lot of posts like this one but I just have a fairly basic question. I've been taking 15mg Oxy 4-5 times a week for about a year now. The first month I only had to take 1, next couple months I'd take 2, and then 3 and now I have been taking between 3 and 4 a day 5-6 times a week. I'm 6'4" 230 lbs. Here's where the weirdness starts. There have been times where I was curious how bad withdrawals would be so I stopped cold turkey for about a month and literally never experienced anything worse than having the shakes when I wake up in the morning and some mild night sweats. This was about 2 months ago when I had been taking 3 a day consistently. Now I'm taking three or four a day but I really really want to just stop completely before I become a stereotypical addict... has anyone ever had a similar experience where it didn't seem like the withdrawals hit them in the regular time frame or at all? It's just so weird to hear all the horror stories and then not really even have w/d so I'm thinking my body may just react differently to opiates... Or I have some weird delayed w/d thing and I'll feel it after a few weeks lol but anyway any thoughts would be nice!

for some reason I don't imagine the withdrawals off 45mg oxy 5 days a week to be that bad honestly. oxy is not really a super strong opiate on the scale of things and 45mg is not that much at all. that may be all the withdrawals you'd see. you're on a slippery slope though, be careful.