• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What to do with the singles thread - Final version (I promise)

Singles thread, what's to be done?

• Keep it, but allow topics covered in the singles thread to be moved into threads of their own theref

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Make it into a roll-call/social banter thread, keeping serious discussion to new threads

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Keep more of an eye on it and delete all the whinging/whining i'm gone/i'm back posts

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just want to say that I love stacy and everyone else who actually appreciates the effort gone into making this and previous versions and letting people have a say.

Knowing that some people actually do appreciate the effort makes it worthwhile despite all the whinging and whining and bitching.

Kitty

ok i have another suggestion which i am more inclined with at this stage: delete offtopic token posts whilst keeping the thread intact in its entirety; trial that for a while and see how that works out.

that would minimise the deluge of relationship threads in social when they should really belong in SLR.

vurtomatic said:
ok i have another suggestion which i am more inclined with at this stage: delete offtopic token posts whilst keeping the thread intact in its entirety; trial that for a while and see how that works out.

that would minimise the deluge of relationship threads in social when they should really belong in SLR.
I second that

The thing about the singles thread that sets is apart from other threads is it's continuity...it's ability for the discussion to 'ebb and flow' through different topics.

The trouble with taking out topics and creating separate threads for each topic is that the conversation is limited to just that topic. In the singles thread a thought or a sentence can be picked up and expanded upon and a whole new conversation is started.

I have no idea on how to encourage people who aren't single to post in the thread though. Although i wonder why they want to discuss topics relating to being single and looking for a partner when they already have one.

Okies, above and beyond the winner was Keep it, but allow topics covered in the singles thread to be moved into threads of their own therefore allowing propper discussion to take place

I haven't had a chance to chat to both vurt and babu yet but i think vurt has raised an interesting suggestion.

I propose that we do as vurt suggested and try to keep off topic posts to a minimal level. This means everyone makes an effort to reduce the amount of senseless chatter. If a topic is not recieving the attention it could and people believe the discussion would be better served in it's own thread a poster can Private Message, Email or use the report topic button to alert mods of their thoughts and a mod can split the topic off into a new thread.

Everyone happy with that?

Last edited:
Sounds good. I wanted it to be a report-type thing.. dont want every possible discussion to be moved out.

I think it'll be goot to get some of those who dont feel comfortable posting in the singles thread to have some input in some discussions :) Heres hoping it works well.

Thanks Kitty (and Babu and Vurt) :)

stace.

i like this forum, i like the singles thread, i appreciate the mods and admins hard work , i also like the nonesense chatter though *pout* i will try hard not to do it from now on tho 8(