• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids what temperature does opiate alkaloids from opium latex degrade?

Soul11

Bluelighter
from raw opium latex, on what temperature does opiate alkaloid such as morphine degrade?

i am aware that raw latex is full of water and plant materials that needs to be refined to be smoke-able form although

wouldn't cooked raw opium latex degrade the substance while on heat over 100 Celsius?

Low temperature as i know.Poppy pod tea-not good even boilin'.-under 100 celcii.As to raw opii -idk.Always eat the stuff.never got involve of treating it with acetanhydryd or calcium hydrocarbonate/amonium sulphate

Morphine is very hardy

I have boiled the shit out if it and it doesn't seem to degrade in the least. You can boil it at 100°C for many hours with no impact.

What does happen however is that high temperature also liberates all the other alkaloids. Morphine is pretty soluble in cold water whereas thebaine isn't. Thus cold water will preferentially extract morphine and codeine over thebaine and noscapine. But if you are trying to maximize morphine, heat is most effective, to a point. But that point is pretty high.

Yes.this complaine why gentle boiling pods ever had a better results,than boiling many hours.May be wrong,but have some memories,than morphine start to degrade over 80celsii boiling it many hours.But may be i am wrong.I've been boiling pods for hour even two without any problems.Quality material-that is of much importance