• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What strange little rituals do you have?

I have lots of quirky things.....um a few of them are...

- that i have to walk on a certain side of someone....

- when i am holding someones hand...or even shake their hand, i have a strange compulsion to crack their knuckles....8o

:)

Last edited:
when i squeeze mrs spgeddi's bossums i have to apply equal pressure and attention to each. but this is more her thing than mine.

doofqueen; 'my clothes in my wardrobe are organised by short skirts, long skirts, short dresses, long dresses, buttoned shirts, jackets'

I really thought that was normal, come now, how the hell else would I find my clothes?

When changing lanes on the motorway I have to try not to hit the bumps on the white lines.

When eating food i usually eat one thing at a time i.e. all the carrots then all the potatos. Meat always comes first or last, it's become so subconscious I don't even notice until my family point it out.

Cracking my neck, back and knuckles all the damn time.

I crack my knuckles
until i see people near me start to shift around uncomfortably
happened twice today =\

i do the road bump thing..

in my bed, i must have the end of the doona tucked into the foot of the bed, and the doona must remain even on either side of the bed, with no creases in the doona to let any air in along the sides. my husband has no such inclinations. its a bit of a problem and i sometimes make him change sleeping position, then get out of bed and re-arrange the doona.

i have to step on cracks in pavements or joins between tiles an equal number of times on each foot. i will alter the length of my gait to ensure that each foot gets "hit" the same number of times by cracks. if i'm being really fussy, it has to be the same place on each foot (only on the ball, or the heel etc)

i eat my food such that i eat whatever i have most of on my plate until there is the same amount as the thing i have second-most of. then i combine these two in mouthfuls until they are the same as the next quantity. i continue like this so that my final mouthfuls have equal amounts of every item on my plate. i dont do this all the time, but very often, especially with things like roast dinners.

also, my food must have sauce of some kind. i will make up a gravy or sauce just for myself so i can ensure i have some kind of sauce on my food if there isnt one already provided.

''When changing lanes on the motorway I have to try not to hit the bumps on the white lines''

/\/\/\ i do that all the time.

i crack my knuckles and my back. its so bad. honestly about 2 years ago i could crack only one nuckle. i cant literally crack my bad 20 different ways now. im sure its not healthy.

anyway, my quirk is that i have to sleep with a window open. doenst matter how cold. window must be open.

I gotta sleep with the fan on. No matter how cold it is. If the airs not moving, Im not sleeping :D

I have to come into Bluelight every now and then and post self-righteous annoying crap just to feel like I have friends.

There should be no correlation whatsoever of personality and point-of-view between posts in separate sessions. This rule can be bent but it makes me all PLURry inside so no more than 3 such sessions can be linked.

When at the computer, snot goes under the table.

I constantly seek out irony and flaws in other peoples' statements but laugh at them to myself because I am all that matters.

Off topic posts are a must.

Oh and I have an obsessive compulsive need to tell people of my strange rituals.

8(

At public/work toilets i have to use the second cubicle I walk passed.

Abit off subject. The only thing worse than a cold toilet seat is a warm toilet seat in cold weather. Someone elses bum sweat.

jakoz said:
I gotta sleep with the fan on. No matter how cold it is. If the airs not moving, Im not sleeping :D

My twin does that and he is forever getting sick in the winter because of it.

jakoz said:
haha thats crazee!

I like it hahaha.

*goes n sleeps with fan on even though it -5 degrees* %)

Wow! You guys are freaks! actually, come to think about it...i guess i have my wierd thingys as well. When holding hands with someone, my hand has to go in a certain position - not backwards, not held too tightly - just exactly right... Also, when driving in a car and we go over a big shadow, i have to squint my eyes a bit and pretend i'm leaping over it... Yes, ok...i join the rest of you in freakishness...! :p

oh i have another thing to add...

i hate when my socks are tight over my toes. i cant stand slip on shoes (unless they have lots of room) or elastics sneakers which pull my socks tight against my toes. i sometimes put my shoes on several times over before i'm happy with how my socks feel.

also important is the seam of the sock which must be in the correct place. i wear the same socks on the same feet all the time. when they're new, you have to look at the seam to find which one goes on which foot, but after awhile they stretch to the shape of your foot (doesnt come out in the wash!) and you can always tell which foot each sock belongs on. i cant put the wrong sock on the wrong foot, it just feels wrong.

Something childish ...

But everytime I come out of Liverpool Greater Union, I find it absolutely compulsory to slide down the stair railings on my butt :) Yes, I have nearly fallen off a number of times, however, I keep this ritual going :)

w00 yeah!

haha... atomica i know how you feel about the sock thing...

ive always had problems with seams in socks and knickers...when i was young my mum had to buy me 10 pairs of the same brand seamless knickers and socks so i could wear them without being irritated.....

<------- freak! =D

But im not so bad nowadays.....knickers i have no worries with but socks......well hmmm......lets just say i usually wear thongs ;)

I'll count things. If there's a couple of chairs and a table, or some trees and lamp posts, I'll count them in the order that they come, according to perspective. For instance, back left leg, front left leg, back right leg, table leg, front right leg etc. Stupid, but it passes the time.

Okay I'm going to sound ridiculous saying this, but I alphabetise words in my head. If there is more then one of a particular letter then they cancel each other out and vowels aren't counted. eg street sign would be GNR. I've done that sort of stuff in my head for as long as I can remember.