View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What should I expect 5-6g mushrooms

PassthatT

Bluelighter
Hello all, tonight I’m going on a solo journey, I have 6 grams of Cubensis and I’m going to eat 5-6g and I wanted some first hand experience and some tips and tricks hahah

Hello all, tonight I’m going on a solo journey, I have 6 grams of Cubensis and I’m going to eat 5-6g and I wanted some first hand experience and some tips and tricks hahah

Dried ones?
5-6 g shrooms = ~40-50 mg of Psilocybin. Fairly high dose of a fairly mindfuck-heavy psychedelic.

I'm going to give the two points of advice I always give aspiring trippers:
* Make sure set and setting are perfect, and you have everything ready that you might need - you might not be in a state where you can just head to the store to pick up some groceries, and due to the aforementioned mindfuck it might be terrifying trying to do so.

* Smoking weed won't necessarily "calm you down"; on psychedelics it may very well do the exact opposite, and potentiate the paranoia-inducing effects. A significant dose of benzos + an antipsychotic can effectively terminate a bad trip, while a small dose (say .25-5 mg of Alprazolam) can let you sacrifice some intensity for a chance at getting a difficult trip back under control. Of course due to the aforementioned mindfuck you might want to have your dose already laid out in an easy-to-remember spot, and preferably have something to write down how much you took. When you're peaking and going through thought loops is not the time to go rummaging through the medicine cabinet, and you might not be able to remember whether you already took it or not.

If dried, a huge mindfuck/boundary dissolution. Be ready for a ride and I'd suggest working your way up to that if you don't have mush experience

yeah if you're not a very experienced psychedelic user, I'd definitely say take less than that, maybe 3g if you want to have a dose that is lower but still strong.

All very good advice. Having things set up in advance is absolutely vital.
As for cannabis, it might make you more paranoid- but it also might chill you out so don’t write it off. Know your personal relationship to it and make a decision based on that. I have had a lot of success vaping small amounts of weed for the duration of a trip.
Good luck, let us know how it goes!!

yeah if you're not a very experienced psychedelic user, I'd definitely say take less than that, maybe 3g if you want to have a dose that is lower but still strong.

I agree, 3 grams of mushrooms was my first taste of psychedelics and it was the perfect starter dose for me and the rest of our group. Plenty strong without begin overwhelming. No need to jump into the deep in on your first attempt.

It's unclear whether this is the first attempt for the OP, I was assuming they had experience before but were wondering what a higher dose was like.

If you haven't tripped before, definitely take 2 or 3 grams at maximum for your first time, 5-6 grams of good mushrooms is going to be extremely powerful, and mushrooms are one of the most chaotic/intense trips in my opinion and in the opinion of many others. Certainly make sure you have nothing to worry about (ie, your parents finding out - this may or may not apply to you but if it does, wait until a time when you don't have to worry about that). In general if you have to hide it, you should not do it, because you will NOT be able to hide that you're fucked up if you encounter people.

Have some good music in a playlist so you don't have to deal with operating a device mid-trip. Be comfortable with no responsibilities. Weed will make it a lot more intense, so only smoke if you're feeling like it's not strong enough after a couple of hours. If you're trying to calm down, it won't work, it will make it WAY worse. I only know a few people where weed calms them down if they're feeling anxious, generally it makes you more anxious and it also greatly strengthens trips.