• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What pharmaceutical calms your nerves?

jaxs0

Bluelighter
Something like what alcohol would do. Something you can take as needed, before an event which would make you nervous. Not propranolol, because that stuff feels aweful in a way I can't even describe. And no benzos, or anything as addictive.

Last edited:
I don't know of any "pharmaceutical" that would fall into this category. I heard hydroxyzine can help anxiety while being essentially non recreational, but I have never had any luck with it.

Hydroxyzine, clonidine, gabapentin, Baclofen... None of them will help as much as a benzo, but they are helpful

I don't know of any "pharmaceutical" that would fall into this category. I heard hydroxyzine can help anxiety while being essentially non recreational, but I have never had any luck with it.
Isn't propranolol (had it not been on my skip list) exactly for this though?

Hydroxyzine, clonidine, gabapentin, Baclofen... None of them will help as much as a benzo, but they are helpful
Out of all of them, I've only tried Gabapentin. I liked it, a lot actually. But I don't like it's really fast tolerance build up. With zero tolerance, I had to take about 1.8 grams (spread out every [can't remember how many] hours) to get that nice chill vibe.
Considering that, what would the dosing protocol be for Hydroxyzine, clonidine, and Baclofen?

Personally, hydroxyzine I usually take 50mg 3x a day
Baclofen 10mg 2x a day
And clonidine when I used to take it, I would take .1mg 2x a day

Personally, hydroxyzine I usually take 50mg 3x a day
Baclofen 10mg 2x a day
And clonidine when I used to take it, I would take .1mg 2x a day
Are their dosage body weight dependant?
With meal? Empty stomach?
Are those therapeutic or recreational doses? What's the effect like between them?

Those are therapeutic doses, none of these drugs are particularly recreational. I imagine they are both body weight dependent and work better on an empty stomach like most drugs.

They are all pretty much mild sedatives. Hydroxyzine is frequently used to potentiate opioids, and can be quite sedating. Clonidine and Baclofen are both good for dealing with physical anxiety.

When they know I can't stay away from benzzos and just want a fucking non addictive prn. I know it's not great but it's deffo better then nothing

i like kava kava, but its not a pharm, it's a plant.
Have you tried biking?
Maybe you should get a puppy/kitten and love him/her forever, just hug it and never let go
masturbation works well too
lyrica is a great pharm, but it's addictive to a lot of people, and has a rapid tolerance build up like gabapentin

My doc wouldn't give me hydroxyzine for anxiety
That effing sucks but you didn't miss that much, trust me bro. Hydroxyzine is great for itching which i get because of atopic dermatitis. I don't notice it to have any sedative or anxiolytic effects even though it should have.

Yeah, propranolol is a good one, I'm taking 2x 80mg/d now because I had chronic tachycardia and it takes away a good deal of nervousity and anxiety. Pregabalin is pretty good too, I'd say one should try these before doing benzos, as they have an awful addiction/withdrawal profile. Pregabalin actually has less withdrawal from hih (supratherapeutic) dosages in me than regular ones, which can be explained by it's dual mechanism, low doses are inhibiting by increased GABA transmission while high doses become excitatory through glutamate reuptake inhibition. These two work somewhat against each other. Creates a nicie but very volatile high too.

I found hydroxyzine by itself uneventful but if you take 25-50 mg along with kratom or a 5 mg oxycodone it’ll help feeling it a little more.