What or Who convinced you to try ecstacy for the first time?

Nikster304

Bluelighter
Just wondering with such a diverse crowd out there, people of all ages and backgrounds. What or who convinced you to try ecstacy for the first time? And was it what you expected?
My first time was almost 3 years ago. My husband and I had only been dating for 1 month, and both of us had talked about the possibility of trying it. We were curious. he had tried it once before, but it wasn't a good pill (he said it was a wafer, and was probably fake.) Anyways, his sister had convinced a group of friends to try it for the first time, and they rented a party bus to go down to South Beach. (We live in Ft. Laud.) I had never met her before, and she wanted us to come along. So it was a great reason, not only did I get to meet her, but I got to try E for the first time.
I was very nervous at first, I was a total virgin to the club scene. I was dressed in my little preppy GAP outfit, amongst all of these south beach dressed hot mamas and ravers. I was totally out-of -place.
My husbands sister was so sweet, she told me not to be nervous, just let it go and have fun. So sitting in the GROOVE JETT chillin' room I took my first pill.
One hour later it started to hit me, I got nauseaus and had to sit down, I sat with my head between my knees for about 10 mins, then as soon as I brought my head up I was in a completely different world. I couldnt' wait to get to the dance floor. The music was so intense, and the lights were spectacular and most of all my husband was the most beautiful man I'd ever seen and we were plastered against each other for the entire evening. I don't remember much about details, I just remember not wanting him to let go of me. And one song that played. It became our wedding song. The Gift= by Way out West.
The experience was different than I'd imagined. Better than I expected, and the few times we rolled after that were even better.
Also, now that we've been doing this, I just love to be around people who are trying it for the first time, I love to see the reactions on their faces and the constant smiles and most of all, when I get the phone call the next day, thanking me for one of the best nights of their lives. It gives me warm fuzzzies.
So don't be shy, and give details, it'll be interesting to see what people have to share.
PEACE!!!

My first roll was a dud, just a bit speedy and I thought that was all there was to it. I thought E was just a form of crappy speed.
One night we were going out for my boyfriend's birthday to a cool restaurant where you sit on the ground and have curtains separating you from the other tables. We couldn't get any speed, so reluctantly I agreed to have another E expecting a bad time. None of us had ever rolled properly before.
By the time we got to the restaurant, it had begun to hit a little. Once inside I went to the bathroom. It hit like a sledgehammer. Everything was a bit trippy (my vision went completely fuzzy, running water over my hands was amazing). I went back outside and couldn't find my table among all the curtains. I was totally freaking out, I had no idea that it would be like this.
I finally found my friends who were totally flying. I was peaking so hard, everything was shimmering, I was shivering, sweating etc. I picked up a cardigan and it felt like silk and weighed nothing even though it was really heavy in reality.
About 30 secs later I came off a wave and regained crystal clear thoughts. I realised how amazingly beautiful everyone was. As soon as I realized that the intense waves did stop, I couldn't wait for my next one. It was a really rushy roll with all of us going up on waves and coming down at exactly the same time.
We didn't eat a thing but it was absolutely amazing. We still can't go to that restaurant without the staff looking at us really strangely.

I remember the first time i rolled so clearly... sigh... it was great. my b/f wanted to do it and i agreed. i didn't think it would hit me as hard as it did, so when it did... WOW. they were double stacked scorpions.. i remember talking to his friends, then mine. he kida got a little prerush and i got mine by talking to this really cool friend. then, we got in the car and he gave me a vicks shot... I WAS SO GONE! it was incredible. i remember he lit a cigarette and gave it to me... then the whole car ride to his place all i could say was "oh my god adam" it was unbelievable. yea, it was amazing. thank you for letting me reminise (sp?) but sorry it's so long!!!
PLUR!!!!

My first time rolling was simply amazing. Where I come from, there is an awesome downtown bar scene with thousands of canadians and americans all having a good time. Anyways, we dropped on the way downtown and we walked for like 15 minutes to reach downtown, and as soon as I got down there and I could see all the lights for the bars it just hit me like a ton of bricks!!!
It was amazing, I was in a whole different world. I am normally so shy, but I saw a table of 12 of the hottest ladies you could ever imagine just sitting outside having a good time by themselves with no guys around and I just went up to them and started talking to them and laughing and having a good time. This was all by myself and I would never do that ever in real life. Anyways, that whole night I walked the downtown area just meeting new and awesome people and holding great conversations. I admit that if it was at a rave or a techno club then I would have been dancing like a machine but I just wanted to meet all the pretty girls I could find. Not even cause I was trying to hit on them, I was just being really really friendly. I think it opened up a side of me I never thought existed!!
I wanted to give them all hugs cause I wanted to be nice and friendly and just share a good time. I mean internally I was horny as hell but it didn't matter. I was in a new state of mind that was way too good for anything else.
I dont do it that often now cause I am in school and the last time I did it during school I was depressed for the next whole week or so, but when I have some time like Christmas I am definitely gonna roll just so I can meet alot of cool people cause there are so many out there.
The doctor
------------------
The angels came to visit us, but we only know them when they are gone

the person who convinced me.......
was me
smile.gif

i learned about e, and the rave scene back in freshman/soph year of high school. but i never had the opportunity. my girlfriend always thought it sounded fun too....so finally, for my 18th birthday, one of her friends hooked her up with tickets to a party, and we found my new best friend monkey, who opened my eyes to this wonderful ecstatic experience. i had wanted to for so long, and it was absolutely wonderful.
plur and happy rolllllllllllllllllllin.
~bc
------------------
I think, therefore I ambient...

last february my sister sarah told me about a party in chicago that she was going to. gave me a flyer...
i thought....huh...i don't know....why in the hell would i want to go to a rave??
she finally convinced me to go along. i think i drove her mad with all of my questions about the party, about E.
you know how first parties are- all the people- the music- it was overwhelming. i had never seen so many people in one place dancing. and oh my gosh! what people were wearing! how they were dancing! people were sooo friendly! it was nothing i'd ever experienced before.
i told my sister i was just awed by it all. she said, just wait. we took our pills (mitsubishi). i swear it took forever to kick in. dancin, dancin... and whoosh!
oh my god, is this it?????
i don't think anything ever felt so right!!
i thank god every day for finding raving.
E and the music has changed me forever... i find myself being more open and honest with other people. i am able to express love more freely with the people around me.
.... i am happy!....
smile.gif

E has taught me to love myself. i walked around for 25 years not being happy with who i was, what i was doing. (i know this sounds really corny and all) but i feel like i was able to see inside to the precious being that i am. and oh how i shine!
and *dancing*!!
i never was much of a dancer til i E'd for the first time. now i even dance to the music in my head! i can't help it. moving to the music and expressing myself through dancing is liberating. what an absolute joy. i can't even explain how i feel about the music. there aren't words. spiritual is what i feel.
isn't it funny how you stumble onto something so unexpected and you are never ever the same.
my sister says she's created a monster. ha! i thank her always for bringing me to that party. too bad she hasn't been able to go to a party with me since july. major jonesin for her. every time i talk to her she's like, how was last weekend? what are you doin this weekend? huh? huh?....
i miss being at parties with sarah. i swear the first party i went to with out her i was so sad, walking around just lonely for my little sissy.
we're finally going to be able to go to a party together in january... sarah thinks she'll be rusty cuz it's been so long.
anyways.... wanted to share!
smile.gif

luv luv luv
angel

i was totally against drugs all throughout growing up.
then the summer when i was 19 years old a friend told me he tried e and said it was cool. i always had a fascination with it for some reason but never thought i'd try it.
then one day i came home from college to visit and asked that friend if he wanted to do it with me. so we did. it sucked...it was pure speed... i stayed up 2 days...
was my first drug ever.
then it all went from there....
wink.gif

Angelbaby, I feel the same way you do about music and dancing now. Before, I rarely got onto the dance floor, now I'm the one dragging people to it. I dance in my head to unheard music all day long, moving my hands around, tapping my feet and wiggling my toes. I teach aerobics also, so now I will get off of my step in the middle of class, walk around and shake my heiney to the music and cue the class, instead of stepping. (I will play awesome rave music, most of my members are young, so I think they party but don't dare tell me.)I think that E has also brought out a side of me I never knew I had.
Thanks for your stories guys, Keep them coming, I'm getting a kick out of reading them.
PEACE!!!
NIKKI
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

My first roll was on June 4th of last year. A friend of mine took myself and anouther good friend to a rave. I had no idea what to expect and was very hessitant about the crowd when I got there, thinking they were a bunhc of freaks. After being there for a little under a half an hour he told me that he had found pillz, he got me an X-Files and I popped it in the middle of the dance floor. I was just sitting around talking to him and my other friend for about a half hour when he said he was starting to feel his roll. I had no feeling at all, and just hung out for about an hour, he started blowing up and I was wondering if it would work on me...five minutes later I felt me feet getting warm and that I was talking really fast, My friend said that he was gonna go dance, so I figured i would go to...I had no idea how to dance to techno at the time, but I wanted to see what it was like anyway. I stood up, and that warm feeling rushed my body, and I had an incredible high, I almost got knocked back to my feet, but I just stood there inawe of how good I felt. This was the first drug I had ever done, and it was a very eye opening experince. For the rest of the night I was dancing, running around, talking to everyone, when before I would be somewhat shy to people I did not know. It was the best night of my life, and has opened up so much to me. a fellow bluelighter named train was the friend who got me that first roll. Thanks train, you have opened my world up soooo much.
------------------
Spider...Tom...Shibz

When I first heard about E, I wanted nothing to do with it. I couldn't wouldn't understand why anybody would want to put theirselves through such a process. At the time I was all about smoking buds / eaten shrooms / tabs / etc... Then I met these people at a concert had hooked them up with some magic mushrooms and they we're rollin, asked me if I wanted to (I was boomin at the time) and I was like no no, I don't want to, I just want to smoke a bowl. They said why don't you roll and smoke a bowl. No no I said once again. They proceeded to ask me again and I looked at my friend, my very best friend who gave me a nod and thats all she wrote. Ever since that faitful night I've developed a nice little relationship with E. And I'm still in contact with those people, they live in Memphis, I'm in Detroit, I cruise down to Memphis and we all have a crazy time. Gotta love southern hospitality.
------------------
IMOKRUOK

I was the one who convinced me to try E for the first time, and dragged my bf along for the ride.
What convinced me is a bit more complicated, and better answered in 'Preservation'.
~*~ Ashke ~*~

LIFE magazine had an article on E circa 1986-87...
right when the pigs made it illegal...
this article discussed teh LEGAL E scene in Texas and other places--you wouldpay a 20$ cover to get into the nightclub and get a pill at teh same time...
great stories about chicks from SMU who wouldn't drink for religious reasons but would take the "legal" MDMA...
had photos of peopel laying in botanical gardens at some university getting marriage counseling from a shrink while on E!
you should hit the library and look that article up, its a trip, and it is really lacking in the alarmist crap you get when E is discussed these days...
once I got to SF with some friends who had access to E, --1986???
I took it with no questions asked...
------------------
better a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

My first time was at Audiotistic '99 MASSIVE! It was ma chica's best friends b-day so like five of went and rolled w/some mitsubishi's. It was the first time for all of us. DAEEUUM! We had the best time just chillin, dancing and letting it flow. My lady was paranoid for the first hour while the rest of us where peaking, but then as soon as she smiled, we knew she was there. She looked so incredibly beautiful! We looked into each others eyes and it was like we instantly realized just how much we truely loved one another. Lotsa hugs and kisses followed and then the most trippy thing EVER happened. I'm standing outside holding my girl and I look to my left and see one of my best friends since I was like 9yrs old (we're 28yrs old now) come outside from the techno area! We were both like, what the fuck are you doing here!!?? FUCK YEAH! It was his first time also! Fuckin 10,000 people, our 1st rave, his 1st rave and we fuckin run into each other! What are the odds?!!! I don't ever think I'll peak as hard as I did that moment. I've been to like 5 raves since and had a blast at every one of them, but nothing can ever top that moment.

my friend got me a tab, but i did not require much convincing . . . after all, college is the time for experimentation . . . of all sorts, right!?
unfortunately, i felt nothing the first time . . . but what i consider my REAL first time 5 months later was awesome. i went to a massive rave, felt nothing for a while, and then bam! all i wanted to do was dancedancedance in the bass and drum room for hours on end. didn't even realize i had such skills in me, haha, or what i thought were "skills" at the time but i was rollin' so of course i thought i was an awesome dancer. it was what i consider one of the most fun times in my life . . . nothing compares to that very first time, the memories of one's first roll . . . *sigh* . . .

First time, hehehe. It's recent, but I'm betting I'll always remember it clearly. I'd been curious for awhile, doing my reading and background and stuff, realizing more and more that I really wanted to see if this thing was as good as everyone kept saying. I knew the good sides (in theory) and I knew the bad sides (in theory).
It was Ashke from here who finally fed me my first bean, though, way down in New Orleans. We'd known each other for a long time, but that was the first time we met, in-person. It woulda been a beautiful all by itself right there, but a little later, after some giggly small-talk, her and her boyfriend (Yo, Matt!) broke out the pills. I stared at this clean white pill, stamped with the Eurodollar symbol, on and off for almost ten minutes (when I thought Ashke and her bf weren't looking). I was nervous as ALL hell. As if I didn't have ENOUGH nerves about finally meetin' my friend
smile.gif
. Finally I just took the water and, remembering how bad it was supposed to taste, downed it. Past the point of no return, so I just kicked back and chatted some more.
After about 20 minutes or so, we decided to go walking down in the French Quarter. Hee. I stand up and go 'whoah, light-headed,' all kinda wondering if that was an initial buzz or me being on my ass for almost an hour. But no. Down the steep stairs, out into the street, to the St. Charles streetcar and I started *really* feeling something. Ashke and her boy were already starting their roll by then (LOVE watching that expression on people's faces, it's just great) and I'm all *pause* 'oooooh' and they ask 'What?' And I just grin and go 'ooooh' again and they just grin back. It was the most wonderful feeling, as I kept going up and up on the wave, everytime thinking I'm at the top, there's more to go. And getting in this old wooden streetcar that rocks and clatters, with the New Orleans night air rushing through the open windows. First sight of Bourbon Street I got was when I was rolling my ass off. Felt sorry for my friends cuz I just could NOT shut up (like now
smile.gif
). It truly felt like I was walking through some magical, faraway land (which, in a sense, it was). All these friendly people, exotic surroundings... It was sensory overload sober, and much much more rolling.
We ended up in a nightclub where we danced and stuff (hee!) and I started to come down and was all 'awwww, going away.' But no
smile.gif
. Another wave came along and caught me, perhaps not as strong as the first one, but still bringing me up. And that's how it was all the way down, each wave smaller than the rest.
We were only out for a few hours, but it seemed like it was the entire night. And coming back to our rooms (in this big ol' beautiful house in the Garden District) was just as wonderful as leaving them. Still had a pleased, fuzzy afterglow of a slowly receding roll and of new old friends (old new friends?).
After that there was no nervousness, no awkwardness, nothing of the sort. All the little things you usually have to get out of the way when first meeting someone were swept away and all that was left was the wonder of truly getting to know someone face-to-face.
Heh...
Guess I *could* wax a little more sentimental there, but it'd take some effort
smile.gif
Anyhow, the next roll a couple nights later was memorable as it went on for a MASSIVE amount of time (about 12 hours, I'd say, plus another 12 of resids), but... y'know, the magic's always in the first one.
Loupy - Lovin' 'em all anyway.

My first roll was by far not the best. I was at a club and asked the DJ if he knew where I could get some C. He said no, but he could get E very easily. I was hesitant, but agreed. I ended up not getting much effect but jaw-clenching (I was really drunk at the time).
BUT.........my second time was GREAT!!! A long-time friend of mine was in town and I had just gotten a few pills from a friend. They were brownish-green, nothing stamped in them, and came from Memphis. They are to THIS DAY the best I have ever gotten, and I haven't been able to find any more like them. Anyway, I told him about them and he was curious to try E...so we did. We just hung out at my house and rolled face!
It was the greatest E experience of my life and that night, through the truly open discussions and the closeness that E makes you feel towards other people, we became better friends than 8 years of drinking together had ever helped us to become.
I would definatley recommend the "stay at home with your friends" thing to everyone if you haven't tried it!
------------------
Sometimes you wanna go...where everybody knows your name

My first time was like BAAAAAM! for me the best roll ever.......hmmm let's see it was like 8 months ago and my sister told me that she tryed E and that i MUST try it it was the best drug ever,i didn't knew much about the drug(i was a pothead ) i only herd that it made you very horny, well my sister on the week of my b-day she takes me to this club and gives me this lovely orange bean i think it was a sunshine,well the thing is i eat the bean and i was just simply standing and chilling talking whith a friend, and slowly i start feeling this wave of damn!,it's hard to explain, my sister comes up to me and starts massaging my back and gives me some vicks and candy,then she gives me a pair of glows and i passed all night dancing dancing dancing!!!just loved it,then she did this trick to me that she blew in the inhaler in side my mouth and and likesqeezed gently my neck and damn hit the floor hard but whith a sm
smile.gif
e in my face...since that day we have gotten so close to each other.since that day i just falled in love whith E and raving,
well take care evry one and PPPPPPEEEEEAAAACEEE!!!!!!
------------------
Like all ways P.L.U.R to my people......

I read an article in the UK version of Maxim Magazine...(best mag ever..better than the US version) and thats what tipped it for me.
I knew somone who did it...i bought one bean off her...not ever really sure if i was serious. It sat on my countertop for like 2 weeks and then one night around 1am i got home...and thought;
"what the hell-i'm never gonna know unless i try...live a little"
And the rest as they say...Is History!
------------------
Ciao...
e!

A friend of mine had tried it while he was away over the summer, told me how good it was, and I figured, why not?
smile.gif

It was great
smile.gif

-pod

We were working at a restaurant in downtown Nashville for a while and one day, out of the blue, one of our friends walked up to me, handed me two pills, said, "This is ecstasy...you're going to REALLY liek it," and walked off....
So, I went to the local bookstore, did some resaearch, decided she was right and bam...our lies haven't been the same since!
Thank you Bliss wherever you are!
smile.gif