Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

What movies affected you so much that you can't bear to watch them again

barton fink. i was half hoping my head would melt like that nazi in raiders of the lost ark so i wouldnt have to finish watching that flick. i appreciate john turturro and goodman but that movie had my brain looking for a spork to claw it's way out of my skull and escape with

^Not even Inland Empire? Okay sis one more thing we have in common!!
(I still have my Inland Empire DVD here and I remember telling PB that I just couldnt finish it..) :p Cos I got so bored.
I dont really enjoy his stuff much :( And yeah, I dont care if the DL fans here will say "you just dont get it"... its probably true! I dont! Hahahahaha .
I dont like films that are "too much work" and not even "slightly" effortlessly enjoyable to me...

But hey. I'll give Mulholland Drive a shot....one of these days. ;) Never say never!

I went to the cinema to see Inland Empire and my arse and head were killing me by the end of it. I said I enjoyed it at the time, but it was just one of those knee-jerk reactions where you've gone out of your way to see something, and you're desperately trying to be positive about the whole thing. Especially when you've dragged a friend along too. I often do this, convince myself something's great when really it isn't. Then years later I'll look back at it and think, "what a load of shit!".

I didn't bother to buy it on DVD, I guess deep down I already knew I'd never watch it again. That being said, I genuinely thought Laura Dern's performance was amazing in it. But that's simply not enough to make me want to watch it again. I'm not gonna lie, I don't get any of his films either. They're either way too complex for my tiny little mind to grasp, or there simply isn't as much meaning in his work as he'd like you to believe. The fact that he generally seems to remain quiet about a lot of it only raises further alarm for me. It just seems like he whips up a load of shite, filled with 'mystery' and headfuckery and lets people believe whatever they wanna believe. I don't buy it. And it's certainly not entertaining. I couldn't even get through Eraserhead. I mean wtf?. 8)

Mulholland Drive was better than Inland Empire, and I've seen it several times, believe it or not. Each time desperate to decipher wtf was going on. In the end I realised, I don't really give a fuck. :\

Also, I'm watching I Am Sam. I don't know if i can finish it again because I know what's going to happen. :( :( :(

I Am Sam gets me every fucking time, hits pretty close to home as I've been working with Autistic/MR kids for the last few years.

Hate all you want but Marley and Me tore me up so hard haha. I remember watching it with my ex (who is a cold, heartless, bitch) and she's like "Are you crying pussy?!"

mc & tg, lynch films are the easiest to enjoy. they aren't about solving riddles or puzzles, but to generate an emotive reaction. the story is about how the images and sounds make you feel, not think. i never knew i could laugh and cry at the same time like i do with both mulholland drive and inland empire.
in the cinema, inland empire made my wife pass out so hard her head was practically in the lap of the man behind her. :D

barton fink. i was half hoping my head would melt like that nazi in raiders of the lost ark so i wouldnt have to finish watching that flick. i appreciate john turturro and goodman but that movie had my brain looking for a spork to claw it's way out of my skull and escape with

dude, zomg this film is BRILLIANT. I never knew a simple shot of waves crashing against rocks could make me laugh so hard. The major turn and the climax are both some of the most spectacular things i've ever seen in cinema.

^ Definitely. Barton Fink is a cinematic gem. It's definitely a movie best appreciated by people who've seen a lot of movies and read a lot of books, and have tried their hand at writing one of either.

To me, good surrealist film (and literature) needs to be able to blur the line between inner world and outer world, exploring psychological issues (inside) through strikingly odd situations, characters, and sets (outside). David Lynch pulls this off pretty well, but I like it when he uses some semblance of a traditional plotline, as in Blue Velvet.

^seen it a few times. heartbreaking every time. cuz it's real.

black hawk down
its not that i cant watch it, but i feel sick to my stomach watching it. my heart starts racing and my whole body tenses up. when they are flying in, right before the shit hits the fan, whew. i can put myself in their shoes and it hits home hard.

I watched a documentary on Jim Jones when coming down off mdma. That sucked.

Roger and Me(especially the part with the rabbit), Crash, and American History X

Capturing the Friedmans

I doubt anyone's heard of it.

I don't think I'd purposefully watch this film again. However, if someone else wanted to watch it I'd be ok with watching it agian. It is quite sad.

awww what why can't you watch pans lab. again? i love that movie, it has one of the perfect endings.

million dollar baby is terribly sad. i went with two of my girlfriends and we cried all fucking night afterwards.

gummo is....uncomfortable.

crash i hate, but not because it's some uncomfortable race movie, but just that its overrated.

Anyone ever watched 'Grave of the Fireflies'
If you enjoyed any Hayao Miyazaki and the rest of the Studio Ghibli movies, this is the darkest one of the bunch.

Copy paste from Wikipedia:
Some critics (most notably Roger Ebert) consider it to be one of the most powerful anti-war movies ever made. Animation historian Ernest Rister compares the film to Steven Spielberg's Schindler's List and says, "it is the most profoundly human animated film I've ever seen."[2]

For a 'cartoon' it will break your heart.

I can't believe so many people have said requiem for a dream and nobody has mentioned Trainspotting. I thought requiem was tame compared to some of the shit in that movie.

NSFW:
Everyone always mentions the withdrawal scene with the dead baby crawling on the ceiling, which was disturbing, but the scene where they find the baby dead from starvation was unbelievably difficult for me.

Also, as much as I love Kubrick, I've never been able to get past the first 10 minutes of A Clockwork Orange.

i've thought twice about gummo now that i'm here in ohio.

a clockwork orange is awesome... i don't know which ending is better.

Thirteen - that's when shit hit the fan for me, worst year of my life. I tried to kill myself, I developed my addictions... that movie reminds me of how fucked up I can really be.. and makes me just feel Like I can't fix myself. I cut, I get addicted to anything that makes me feel 'good', epically if it's up in nature. I keep going back to shit eventhough It's almost killed me. I have confidence issues.. movie makes me feel like absolute shit - enough said. I hate the layout of the movie, it's just the theme.

Endless sunshine of the spotless mind - About how you should enjoy the little things and how you're not a loss and everything is good in the end, it's surprisingly depressing to me because it makes me feel like I've missed out on so much that I can't take back. It makes me think about how things 'could have been if.. ABC had happened but my dumb ass chose XYZ" also a "oh my god I'm only in high school and I've ruined my entire life" novie.

I know it's a book, but Go Ask Alice was so incredibly powerfull to me...
I'd read it in one night when I was tweaking out... it's just so real. She was my best friend....
Whoever she was.
She had so much going for her, even through being such a fucked up little druggie... Still so brilliant, and only fifteen.
And dead. Why dead? Me dead..?

I don't know if it helps or hurts but the 'Anonymous' author of Go Ask Alice almost definitely wasn't a 15-year-old's diary but that of an editor who had a gigantic part in it being published.

Yeah, I figured it wasn't all real because of the writing style. To understand anyone's personal writing though, you have to fuck with it - alot. I guess the book it's self doesn't mean much to me, more like the story...

A million little pieces is one that I didn't even finish. Sometimes I felt so sick reading it.. the self pitty. What's life without self pitty though? we all have it. We all do it.. I can be just as mellow dramatic.
Being a 'drug addict' has taught me something important - it's not really about what you do.

it still have to say requiem.
the mom on the subway made me shudder....
that movie left images that will never leave me