• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What Kind of Heroin/Opiate user are you?

i used to be addicted but am clean now thanks to suboxone. i do believe i COULD use once and not go back but if i used more than that one time, i would probably go back.

I am addicted and don't like where I am and would like to get off of it. I'll quit completely when I have run out.

hmmm quit completely when you run out. I hope you do and stick to ti. When I ran out I started doing what I like to call "stinkin thinkin" on how to get more money, drugs make you do some dumb things

After a dabble of mine recently turned into a 5 day binge, I am pretty sure that you really can't do it once in a while, it really is all or nothing, unlike cocaine... which sucks.

Even if someone is only able to dabble again and only keep it at that, I still think that might only be possible after a couple months of not doing it, and only after one can truly believe that they don't need it in their life. Being addicted can definitely make you do dumb things.

I'm looking back and it definetely sucks where I am. I'm not going to school and moved back in with my parents. If I'm gonna do it again I definitely need to get my shit straight and moved back in a new apartment with a job and/or going to school. I might perhaps do it on a quiet evening when I am feeling accomplished, but definitely only after my priorities are in order.

Here's a great article I've found that is completely relevant to this thread:

http://www.reason.com/news/show/28809.html

Basically to use heroin without running into trouble there's a couple rules to obey:

1. Make sure priorities are straight and you are functioning well financially, socially, emotionally, etc.

2. Make sure your tolerance doesn't get to the point where the drug becomes ridiculously expensive.

3. Always have a bottle of buprenorphine handy so you can detox yourself if you find yourself slipping into a habit.

4. Under no conditions is it to be used to get away from emotional sort of problems and dysfunctions, self-medicating quickly leads to addiction.

If I ever do it again, it's gonna have to at least be about 3 months or so from now, I need to work on rebuilding my life. Once I move back out and have a job or school and other such things to do I might start using it occasionally again. I need to have my mother be at ease again and things should work out nicely.

I'm on sub treatment .. but for these next 3 weeks i have 24 hours each day of nothing to do until i get a job so i'm going to use .. i still want to use kinda. I just gotta force myself to put that sub under my tongue after a day or two of using or else it won't happen.

It's like you think you can make it a chippy but then after waking up the next day after doing it your calling your dealer again before you get outta bed.

4. I used to be addicted and am staying clean. 5 months clean. Don't plan on ever taking it again and understand that even one more time can cause a relapse. Have no desire to take it again. After quitting I went back 1 time and it wasn't that good at all, reminded me of all the bad things that dope caused.

I used to be addicted and I don't like the high anymore. But I guess I am still addicted because every 2-3 months I'll just get a crazy urge and get one bag, do it and remember I don't like it then not do it again. I think I'm no longer addicted to dope but I still am to the act of shooting up, and need to do it every few months to scratch the itch.

good ole #4.

Something to keep in mind: If you were once an addict, no matter how far gone, it's likely you'll never be free from some of the changes that have occured in your brain and to your personality. I can absolutely say that this is the case for me

#3 I would like to think of myself as a chipper these days. I still use but only every few weeks and Im trying to keep it that way. I got back into pretty heavily in the fall but have managed to stay away from starting a daily habit back up.

2. I am a chipper and do it on and off but never had a problem with addiction/dependence.

It never comes around my area. Last time was July 2008... :( Also, I have a controlling boyfriend, and if he ever caught me, he'd leave me.

I love heroin almost more than anything else ever, but I kind of wish I had never tried it. So whatever number that falls under.

I do it every once in awhile. More of a binge and stop for a couple months then binge for a week r two etc. Ive never shot it though, only snorted.

When im high im usually sitting or laying down smoking cigs with a happy grin on my face. I dont like moving around too much

I do it every once in awhile. More of a binge and stop for a couple months then binge for a week r two etc. Ive never shot it though, only snorted.

When im high im usually sitting or laying down smoking cigs with a happy grin on my face. I dont like moving around too much

That's how I was before I started shooting.

Be careful not to drop the cig!

6, been railing(snorting) dope for a good year and a half now with a 5 day inhouse rehab as the only break in that year and a half. Suprisingly, I have been able to continue living my life by finishing college with honors although my GPA dropped from a 3.85 to a 3.51 when I finished few months ago. The habit has now grown so much that my attempt to quit last week with bupes didnt last more than 4 hours.. lol. I'm looking into methadone for help and hope to do so in the near future