View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! What itll do? If it does do?

Reverie777

Greenlighter
Hi, quick question. My DOC is meth, i got some shroom and i just wanna know if it will have and effect or not if im smoking g? ... Also trying it when im drinking?. I feel it won't do nun but i dont wanna waist em just cause i was buzzin or lit....

If I understand you correctly, I do not suggest smoking meth while on shrooms. It's not a dangerous combination, but I find meth + psychedelics to be an overall uncomfortable manic experience. Vasoconstriction, blood pressure and other things start to become a real issue. I've always regretted doing it.

There is no cross tolerance between meth and tryptamines or lysergamides - only phenethylamines

I do not recommend drinking alcohol with meth either, but again, a little won't hurt. Just don't drink too much. It's generally a bad idea to try to use alcohol for a meth comedown.

Mushrooms + Alcohol is something I would hesitantly recommend, I think they go well together, but again don't drink too much and it will also make a bad trip even worse and more emotionally volatile.

Still not 100% sure what exactly you're asking, but think I answered your question :)

Last edited:
If I understand correctly you correctly, I do not suggest smoking meth while on shrooms. It's not a dangerous combination, but I find meth + psychedelics to be an overall uncomfortable manic experience. I've always regretted doing it.

I do not recommend drinking alcohol with meth either, but again, a little won't hurt. Just don't drink too much. It's generally a bad idea to try to use alcohol for a meth comedown..
Thanks

Just be aware that mushrooms are 100% different from meth and other recreational drugs. They will confront you with parts of yourself that you try to hide, if you try to hide from yourself. If you start to have a difficult experience, just remember that it will pass. And try to think of it as a learning experience. If you get uncomfortable or scared, try to realize why that is, and grow from it.

I do not recommend smoking meth at the same time, that is a recipe for things spiralling out of control.

Dont do it - i tried it once and it was like sneezing and breaking wind at the same time - resulting in you performing a back flip.

They will confront you with parts of yourself that you try to hide, if you try to hide from yourself.
I think this is the reason behind most "bad shroom trips".

Some people don't like what they see in the closet and associate it with a "bad trip".

Sigh. When my evil esteemless equal puts on a scary mask and jump scares me in the bathroom mirror is the best part of the trip!!

Exactly. I have had difficult and terrifying trips before, but I've never had a "bad trip", because I accepted what I experienced. I have grown from all of my difficult experiences and am glad I had all of them. Too many people, when they have a disturbing trip, immediately jump to "oh shit now I'm damaged, I had a bad trip, I'm broken". It's all a matter of perspective.

If you take psychedelics, you have to understand and accept that your experience might be difficult. It's just part of it. If you can't accept that, you shouldn't take psychedelics. Difficult trips are opportunities to grow and learn.

bad trips are real... they’re when you try to harm yourself or others. It’s happened to me and it’s happened to others. I have grown and learnt from mine, but only because i was physically subdued by a grown man who had to wrestle me to the ground to keep me from running into traffic. Cant grow and learn if you’re dead

Yeah but why did u try to hurt yourself? This is why set and setting is super important with psychedelics

You have to be in the right frame of mind aswell as in a comfotable setting. Things can get strange real fast so u need to be prepared fully.

Im not saying people dont hurt themseleves on psychdelics because we have all heard about those horror stories of people jumping to their death.. This is why taking the correct dose with the correct set and setting is super important.

Stimulants and psychedelics can be sinister in nature. Always proceed with caution

I have had difficult and terrifying trips before, but I've never had a "bad trip", because I accepted what I experienced
yep

There is nothing within myself scarier than what I've already imagined. Nothing that could bother me that much.

I am the villain, not the scary thought on a trip. Nothing phases me on a trip :D

Yeah but why did u try to hurt yourself? This is why set and setting is super important with psychedelics

You have to be in the right frame of mind aswell as in a comfotable setting. Things can get strange real fast so u need to be prepared fully.

Im not saying people dont hurt themseleves on psychdelics because we have all heard about those horror stories of people jumping to their death.. This is why taking the correct dose with the correct set and setting is super important.

Stimulants and psychedelics can be sinister in nature. Always proceed with caution
i was completely delusional. i experienced death during the peak and I thought I was in the afterlife after I came to. I thought anything I did would have no consequences as I was in heaven. I didn’t try to hurt myself because I was suicidal, rather the opposite. I was delusional to the point of wanting to experience getting hit by a car simply because in that moment I knew I was immortal

i had tripped 20+ times before, i knew of the tenets of set and setting months before a psychedelic entered my body for the first time. I was in an excellent frame of mind and I was with my two best friends. The dose was even one tab less than the highest I’ve done. I knew what I was getting into. But shit can go south in ways you would never predict

i know this is an unpopular opinion around these parts, but I stand by it

i was completely delusional. i experienced death during the peak and I thought I was in the afterlife after I came to. I thought anything I did would have no consequences as I was in heaven. I didn’t try to hurt myself because I was suicidal, rather the opposite. I was delusional to the point of wanting to experience getting hit by a car simply because in that moment I knew I was immortal

i had tripped 20+ times before, i knew of the tenets of set and setting months before a psychedelic entered my body for the first time. I was in an excellent frame of mind and I was with my two best friends. The dose was even one tab less than the highest I’ve done. I knew what I was getting into. But shit can go south in ways you would never predict

Oh boy I'm on a 250ug tab. In still an hour from peaking and this got to me... Edit, it's actually good to know of these kinds of situations and to be aware of them as a trip and to assess our environment and future ego and Ids.
Like even if I'm feeling like I could spend $1000 now on some gourmet food that me in 14 hours is gonna flip his shit

Last edited:

yeah thats a classical manic psychotic reaction to much for the young mind / system to handle and process. I once thought i was immortal and tried to jump through a window in a apartment block on my first trip. Lucky it was very strong double glazed glass and i bounced off it. Though its scary to think what alot of people try do when they think they have no consequences.

I always say everybody is still a novice in psychedelics till 50-60 + Trips that at least 10 of them have been heroic / strong doses to then probably be fine to handle more intense journeys.

Oh boy I'm on a 250ug tab. In still an hour from peaking and this got to me... Edit, it's actually good to know of these kinds of situations and to be aware of them as a trip and to assess our environment and future ego and Ids.
Like even if I'm feeling like I could spend $1000 now on some gourmet food that me in 14 hours is gonna flip his shit
Have fun on your trip. Though for future reference unless its lab tested its most likely not 250 ug. Most tabs just contain 100 ug or even less LSD.

yeah thats a classical manic psychotic reaction to much for the young mind / system to handle and process. I once thought i was immortal and tried to jump through a window in a apartment block on my first trip. Lucky it was very strong double glazed glass and i bounced off it. Though its scary to think what alot of people try do when they think they have no consequences.
Yeah psychosis is the word I tend to use for it as well. You can say I was predisposed or didn’t use a proper set and setting or that I was irresponsible etc. but that doesn’t change the fact that I became psychotic while on the drug. I couldn’t have known I was predisposed, I have no family history of psychosis. I find that particular argument (the predisposed one) to be a bit of a cop out of confronting the fact that these drugs we love so much can do real harm. Was that psychotic episode gonna happen anyway, sure maybe. But it did have to happen at age 18 or in the way that it did? The drug brought it out and although I have learned and grown from seeing that side of me, had that person not been there to stop me it wouldn’t have mattered.

i agree that most “bad trips” are indeed just difficult ones, don’t get me wrong but I do think they still exist. Paranoia, anxiety. etc. are all in your head and are likely things that need to be confronted. Delusions leading to self harm or the harm of others? Not just in your head. Idk it just feels different to me

I’m glad you found it useful, had me worried when you start off with mentioning the 250 ug you’re on lol