• Oxymorphone (opana)

Votes: 79 9.2%
  • Hydromorphone (dilaudid)

Votes: 68 7.9%
  • Morphine (kadian, avinza, mscontin)

Votes: 44 5.1%
  • Meperidine (demerol)

Votes: 10 1.2%
  • Oxycodone (percocet, roxicet, oxycontin)

Votes: 200 23.3%
  • Hydrocodone (vicodin, norco, lortab)

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • Codeine (tylenol 3)

Votes: 20 2.3%
  • Dihydrocodeine

Votes: 3 0.3%
  • Buprenorphine (suboxone, subutex)

Votes: 9 1.0%
  • Opium

Votes: 40 4.7%
  • Kratom

Votes: 18 2.1%
  • Propoxyphene (Darvon, darvocet)

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • Tramadol (ultram)

Votes: 22 2.6%
  • O-Desmethyltramadol

Votes: 7 0.8%
  • Other Not Listed - Post and I will make option for any forgotten ones

Votes: 13 1.5%

• Total voters
I think that I prefer heroin and oxymorphone. I really like oxycodone but I enjoy the very powerful sedation of oxymorphone and heroin more so. Both produce a very blissful nod. Feel extremely euphoric. Of the two I think I prefer heroin because I feel a little more relaxed and laid back. I'm comparing both via the IV route. I like Morphine (only IV) but it just lacks something that heroin has got.

Oxymorphone's my favorite and heroin is a close, close second. Actually, I've gotten bags before that were pretty fantastic. Hmmm... nah, I am going to have to say oxymorphone. It's always a good time, always...

I think that I prefer heroin and oxymorphone. I really like oxycodone but I enjoy the very powerful sedation of oxymorphone and heroin more so. Both produce a very blissful nod. Feel extremely euphoric. Of the two I think I prefer heroin because I feel a little more relaxed and laid back. I'm comparing both via the IV route. I like Morphine (only IV) but it just lacks something that heroin has got.

I think the thing that morphine lacks and heroin has is simply placebo because biochemistry doesn't lie. It is a morphine prodrug. No morphine, no heroin. Call it what you want - diacetylmorphine, morphine acetate, diamorphine - whatever you want to call it, in the end it's all the same it's a quicker acting form of morphine. It's morphine that crosses the BBB, it's morphine that binds to the opioid receptors, and it's morphine that provides the subjective 'high' that we all get when we shoot up "heroin". Heroin exists only in the external form, it breaks down to morphine in the body. 6-MAM is a very, very minor metabolite that quickly breaks down to morphine itself.

I think the thing that morphine lacks and heroin has is simply placebo because biochemistry doesn't lie. It is a morphine prodrug. No morphine, no heroin. Call it what you want - diacetylmorphine, morphine acetate, diamorphine - whatever you want to call it, in the end it's all the same it's a quicker acting form of morphine. It's morphine that crosses the BBB, it's morphine that binds to the opioid receptors, and it's morphine that provides the subjective 'high' that we all get when we shoot up "heroin". Heroin exists only in the external form, it breaks down to morphine in the body. 6-MAM is a very, very minor metabolite that quickly breaks down to morphine itself.

No, there is a difference, it isn't placebo. Just because its a prodrug does not make it the same drug. Sort of how like how Vyvanse is a prodrug of d-amphetamine, it may be d-amphetamine but it feels different. Not by much but it does. I've done my fair share of both and always noticed a difference. I much prefer heroin. But I do like Morphine.

This is a good discussion so I'm not going to close it, but I feel it is better suited for drug culture.

BDD -> DC

hydrocodone. that stuff is the sunshine coming through my window on a lazy sunday morning.

i really like oxymorphone too, but i cannot do anything but read or watch netflix on it--all day long.

oxycodone is my least favorite of the big boys (only tried those three), but you'd never catch me turning it down.

i hear good things about dope.

I'm suprised oxy has more hits than hydro. Is it solely because of the oxycontin form or do you just prefer it even taken orally? And how much do you guys take? 30 mg doesn't seem to do jack shit

1. Pod tea
2. Methadone
3. Oxycodone
4. Heroin (have only smoked)
5. Kratom
6. Tramadol
7. Morphine
8. Hydrocodone
9. Codeine

i'll do top ten

1. Pantopon
2. Oxymorphone
3. Diamorphine
4. Hydromorphone
5. Hydrocodone
6. Morphine
7. Fentanyl
8. Oxycodone
9. Methadone
10. dihydrocodeine

Last edited:

I have always understood heroin to cross the blood brain barrier before being metabolised to morphine, and it crosses it quicker than morphine does, this leads to a more intense rush than is associated with morphine, it also seems to cause a significantly less intense histamine reaction where I have often read of the rush of morphine being a "prickle rush". 6-MAM does metabolise to morphine but it is slightly different pharmacologically than morphine and ofcourse is going to lead to atleast a slightly different high before its metabolism. Codeine is metabolised to morphine but I have done countless cold water extractions as well as used morphine on multiple occasions and they do not feel identical at all, although similar.

Heroin is also more potent per milligram than morphine, it is also a great deal more soluble in water and therefore more convenient for injection. You must also consider that street heroin will often contain active adulterants like diphenhydramine for example, or in the case of black tar heroin can contain more 3 and 6 MAM and other assorted acetalysed opiate alkaloids than diacetylmorphine. Illicitly manufactured morphine is not really available, and most people injecting it recreationally do not have access to ampoules, this leads to a more complex procedure involved in prepping a shot and often a noticeable amount of morphine not making it into the shot.

If you are comparing pharmacological morphine to pharmacological diacetylmorphine then there is little difference, but it is undisputable that there is one. When it comes down to end user experience, the overwhelming majority will be using street heroin, and that experience is certainly a great deal different than morphine.

Whilst it is certainly true that most halfway serious opioid enthusiasts that have tried both morphine and heroin will enjoy both, most seem to have a preference with the majority leaning towards heroin, there are obsiously reasons for this. Even if you consider heroin nothing more than a more efficient delivery method for morphine than morphine itself, how is that not enough to mean its significantly superior? IV use is a more efficient delivery method of morphine than oral morphine, and is largely thought to be infinitely superior.

For the record I don't shoot up and whilst I love opiates and have tried a good deal they are by no means the class of drugs I am most experienced with, however I have done a great deal of reading and still considerable experimentation with them and that is just my take on it. Every time I ever used heroin felt different to any time I used morphine, personally.

Last edited:
^^Good points. I think the most important things to remember are:

(1) Even if you consider 6-MAM to be negligible and you considered heroin just a delivery method of morphine, heroin's higher nasal and smoked BAs (most popular routes besides IV) are considerably better than morphine's.

(2) Heroin crossing the BBB quicker than morphine equates to heroin's high being 'cleaner', quicker rush, and with less side-effects, all of which are positive IMO.

Levorphanol should be put on the list, its an amazing long lasting narcotic.

Levorphanol is in the same class of drugs (opioids) as oxycodone, hydrocodone, and morphine. However, unlike morphine, which is a naturally-occuring opiate, and oxycodone and hydrocodone, which are semi-synthetic opioids, levorphanol is a fully-synthetic opioid. Morphine is found in the opium poppy, while oxycodone and hydrocodone are produced from thebaine -- an alkaloid found in the opium poppy. Levorphanol is produced without using naturally-occurring opium alkaloids.

Some people respond better to synthetic opioids like levorphanol, and obtain better pain relief with less side effects. However, other people respond better to natural opiates or semi-synthetic opioids. It really is a matter of trial and error when it comes to finding the right medication and dosage for a specific person.

Last edited:
hydrocodone. that stuff is the sunshine coming through my window on a lazy sunday morning.

i really like oxymorphone too, but i cannot do anything but read or watch netflix on it--all day long.

oxycodone is my least favorite of the big boys (only tried those three), but you'd never catch me turning it down.

i hear good things about dope.

I never tried Oxymorphone but feel eaxctly how you feel with Oxycodone & Hydrocodone.

DON'T DO IT. Stick with the hydrocodone. And keep your usage down. Okay son? Do what your told.

How many 10-325 Norcos can someone usually take per day to get high on a continuous basis, meaning, can I take 5 Norcos every day for a year & pretty much get the same high? The answer is no & that is why people tend to look for something stronger to fulfill that feeling of pleasure once captured by 5 Norcos.

^Trying to get that same high you experienced when you first did opioids on a daily basis is not a good plan.

I tried, but I can't write that sentence in an unambiguous way. I'll have to use brackets:

Trying to get that same high you experienced (when you first did opioids) on a daily basis is not a good plan.

I'ved tried Vicodin (hydrocodone), Codeine, Kratom, Tramadol, and Suboxone. Suboxone is my favorite since it gets rid of my back pain for pretty much the entire day, all from less than a nibble the size of a fingernail. I can probably make an 8mg pill last for a month.