• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^Safrole is still in use, just much more rare to find..

And no each synthesis route has its own unique impurities which, unless the chemist is very good at what they do, some will inevitably make it to the final product.

I’ll agree that pure MDMA is the same one route to the next, but we aren’t talking pure MDMA.

Also chemists can and do (starting in the late 2000’s) add in other substances to help create larger “crystals.” This is why MDMA was more often a crystalline powder, or at most small crystals, up until then.

-GC

Also thank you for that article three points. You just found me my impurity that gave Leuckart it’s “magic.”

I always had a feeling it was a formyl intermediate but needed the proof. That article was my proof.

So 90’s MDMA was different due to the presence of n-formyl-MDA! The article gives no indication as to how much but another article discussing the Leuckart reaction when PMMA is involved said in the neighborhood of 20%.

20% of a very likely psychoactive substance would most definitely alter the experience. This is why many MDMA activists of the time would say “ecstasy isn’t MDMA.” Not only would it alter the effects but my guess is this impurity would also give a much stronger hangover like we saw in the 90’s as well.

Interesting stuff.

-GC

Sorry @G_Chem my "We arent making this shit up" was more a general statement and less directed at you. I know you been part of this for a while.

@epic11 - Ah my apologies man.

Yea I talked some shit about those particular presses on Reddit and got downvoted hard cuz of it lol. I truly think part of the problem also stems from people’s egos and wanting to believe they all get the best product.

-GC

@epic11 - Ah my apologies man.

Yea I talked some shit about those particular presses on Reddit and got downvoted hard cuz of it lol. I truly think part of the problem also stems from people’s egos and wanting to believe they all get the best product.

-GC

Probably. Thing is they arent wrong. They truly are "getting the best" of the CURRENT market. Those who know, are looking a bit deeper than that.

So, basically, we know very little at this point.

We do know that MDMA varies from batch to batch, despite being identified as MDMA by both reagent and spectrometer testing. We know that the variation is not tolerance, because it has been noted by new and experienced users across multiple experiments.

We also know that there are compounds which would share the same molecular weight and potentially be misidentified by GCMS testing.

We know that "magic" MDMA still exists and can be identified by users based on experience, and that these same users can experience the less than ideal effects of "MehDMA."

We know that there are no 100% rules in regards to color, smell, form etc.

We know that "MehDMA" does not appear to produce mydriasis, euphoria, or empathy even at high doses.

Just re-posting @indigoaura 's thoughts here. Shes right on point with where we stand. Thanks for organizing what "we know" now.

Just picked up some crystal that looks different than any other I've seen - for the most part - and is touted from a trusted source as being amazing. I'm hoping to try it within the next week or two.

Just picked up some crystal that looks different than any other I've seen - for the most part - and is touted from a trusted source as being amazing. I'm hoping to try it within the next week or two.

Pics......

m1.jpgm2.jpgm3.jpgThe white balance of the "m2" jpg is too warm, m3 is more accurate color wise, and it is noticeably blue as you can tell from the blurry "m1" photo. It does look grey enough to likely look similar to the grey MehDMA I've had here, so I'm really hoping that's not the case. And, we'll see.

@ThreePointCircle You linked that same article by Tamer Awad that we have been discussing. I keep trying to find contact info for him, because I think he could help us. However, I have not had any luck with that. The second article you posted is one I have not seen before, but it seems to be addressing the same issue.

I personally found the best rolls years ago were employing a mix of mda and mdma 100-120mg mdma and 80 mg mda. I have had pills that have turned out to be mda before i personally found them the best due to more psychedelic properties. Though mda lacks the more magic love than mdma which is why its best in a combo together. MDA comedown is also very harsh which is why i don't use it anymore.

Last edited:
I have tried the MDA/MDMA combo in recent years to test out that theory, and it has not achieved the effects I wanted.

Also, did several MDA only pills back in the day (Purple Ferraris, White Unicorns, White Doves). It is a good vibe, absolutely, but it is not the same as a high quality MDMA experience (which I personally prefer).

View attachment 13144View attachment 13145View attachment 13146The white balance of the "m2" jpg is too warm, m3 is more accurate color wise, and it is noticeably blue as you can tell from the blurry "m1" photo. It does look grey enough to likely look similar to the grey MehDMA I've had here, so I'm really hoping that's not the case. And, we'll see.

Ive seen greyish, and black. Not blueish/grayish/and black. You got a test kit? You are gonna wanna test this prior for yourself, and for the threads purpose.

Ive seen greyish, and black. Not blueish/grayish/and black. You got a test kit? You are gonna wanna test this prior for yourself, and for the threads purpose.

Test this prior to using it myself? I feel no need to do so. It's from a very well connected and experienced source who says he's done it himself and it's amazing, so at worst it's MehDMA, a little better a super similar substance to MDMA that feels even better than MehDMA. Either way, a test kit isn't necessary as MehDMA still tests as MDMA, and honestly, I doubt it's anything but Meh or MagicDMA. Though, having results for this thread would be useful, yes.

So 90’s MDMA was different due to the presence of n-formyl-MDA! The article gives no indication as to how much but another article discussing the Leuckart reaction when PMMA is involved said in the neighborhood of 20%.

So, @G_Chem Could we imitate Leuckart MDMA by mixing MDMA and n-formyl-MDA in an 80/20 ratio?

Test this prior to using it myself? I feel no need to do so. It's from a very well connected and experienced source who says he's done it himself and it's amazing, so at worst it's MehDMA, a little better a super similar substance to MDMA that feels even better than MehDMA. Either way, a test kit isn't necessary as MehDMA still tests as MDMA, and honestly, I doubt it's anything but Meh or MagicDMA. Though, having results for this thread would be useful, yes.

"well connected and experienced source" doesnt mean shit. Ignorant. However, in relation more to the thread, you really should test it with a kit and post the results for us., as you suggested at the end of the post. Theres tons of things that can look like mdma. Im sure you are correct in your thoughts on a personal level, but still test it. please.

Last edited:
"well connected and experienced source" doesnt mean shit. I would call MYSELF that, and still tell everyone to test their shit. Ignorant. However, in relation more to the thread, you really should test it with a kit and post the results for us., as you suggested at the end of the post. Theres tons of things that can look like mdma. Im sure you are correct in your thoughts on a personal level, but still test it. please.

I don't appreciate being called ignorant, and I'll see if I can't get my hands on a test kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.