• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today? - v2

and I assume you mean
No, it just means that for rats, but humans are quite different from rats, despite some neurotransmission stuff they have in common, like most mammals. Moreover, on a personal/anecdotal tip, I smoke weed daily and have done so for years with occasional tolerance breaks here and there. Doesn't seem to affect my ability to roll my face off.

In fact, if anything, it kinda feels like MDMA prevents me from getting stoned on THC products just a bit.

I guess. I'm a little dubious of this study, and anyway, there are likely a lot more factors involved in this than first meets the eye.
Yes but are you taking gram levels of distillates, gummies, vape juice, dabs, like we know people are doing?

Are you Regularly smoking 30% THC marijuana because that's what's on the market now?

mehMDMA is not widespread and with the exception of known low content and the pills that tested different. I've never had a mehMDMA experience. Nobody that I have ever met has had one.

And the vast majority of people, even on this board continue to have fire experiences on MDMA.

I don't expect any of the causes eye proposed to apply to the average person.

That's why I don't believe that it's an impurity because it would be widespread and affecting everyone.

Remember, it's a very very small percentage of people that are complaining of this. Their idiopathic response to some level of THC could easily be causing this syndrome and the majority of people would be fine.
And as far as cannabinoid receptors modulating dopamine and serotonin receptors well, here's a nice paper that doesn't have to do with rats. It details the afferent interplay between the endocannabinoid, dopaminergic and serotonergic systems.

The following quote gives you an idea about what's in the paper:

"Indirect and polysynaptic modulation of 5-HT neurons by CB1 receptors." (Figure 3)

I got mine reagent tested 5 different times, to show that it's pure MDMA. I know there's a lot of shit out there, but that doesn't mean that there's no good MDMA out there.

I got mine reagent tested 5 different times, to show that it's pure MDMA. I know there's a lot of shit out there, but that doesn't mean that there's no good MDMA out there.
Reagent testing even using five reagents can't show it is pure. I guarantee that I can find you lots of substances that have no reaction to those five reagents.

If you're saying you can have a reasonable certainty that it doesn't contain a particular adulterant, that may be a reasonable statement.

Reagent testing even using five reagents can't show it is pure. I guarantee that I can find you lots of substances that have no reaction to those five reagents.

If you're saying you can have a reasonable certainty that it doesn't contain a particular adulterant, that may be a reasonable statement.
Well, I know it's decent MDMA. A buddy of mine rolled balls on 80mg of it, and he's experienced.

Yes, there's virtually. No adulterants in MDMA today, at least in the MDMA that's being sent into drugsdata.org.

However, you should be careful with saying things like "reagent testing shows MDMA is pure" because that is an unsupportable statement.

Well, I know it's decent MDMA. A buddy of mine rolled balls on 80mg of it, and he's experienced.
You're always free to say what you want and I'm not disputing that the reagent testing gives you the level of confidence that what you thought was in the pill is actually in the pill.

I use reagent testing to give me a level of verification that the substance that I have is the substance I expected.

Yes, there's virtually. No adulterants in MDMA today, at least in the MDMA that's being sent into drugsdata.org.

However, you should be careful with saying things like "reagent testing shows MDMA is pure" because that is an unsupportable statement.
Well, I also trust my plug. He tells me when his stuff is shitty, and also tells me when he gets grade A stuff. Goes for other stuff not just MDMA.

You're always free to say what you want and I'm not disputing that the reagent testing gives you the level of confidence that what you thought was in the pill is actually in the pill.

I use reagent testing to give me a level of verification that the substance that I have is the substance I expected.
Honestly, I am more comfortable with the stuff after the reagent testing. I know it doesn't tell me what I have is pure MDMA, but close enough and I am happy with that.

Well, I also trust my plug. He tells me when his stuff is shitty, and also tells me when he gets grade A stuff. Goes for other stuff not just MDMA.
Trust but verify. Trust but verify.

The reason I say that is because I have a database that contains 88 drugs that have no reaction to Marquis, Mecke, Mandelin, Liebermann, or Froehde.

Trust but verify. Trust but verify.

The reason I say that is because I have a database that contains 88 drugs that have no reaction to Marquis, Mecke, Mandelin, Liebermann, or Froehde.
Let's hope for the best I guess, right?

I’d like to return to a question I’ve harbored a long time now that some chemists are active in the tread. From my reading, the main hypothesis regarding what causes this MehDMA appears to be that it’s due to some synthesis byproduct which may be related to either bad starting material; bad synth or a combination thereof. Though I’ve never been able to let go of the isomer hypothesis.

So I’d like to ask anyone of you knowledgeable chemists (Locking at for example unodelacosa & vash445) say if any of the 6 mass equivalent isomer of MDMA below can be made with a different precursor than what’s used to produce MDMA? A precusor that's not controlled?

2,3-MDMA
2-(3-methoxyphenyl)-N-methyl-3-butanamine
2-(4-methoxyphenyl)-N-methyl-3-butanamine
p-ethoxymethamphetamine
p-methoxy-m-methylmethamphetamine
2-(2-methoxyphenyl)-N-methyl-3-butanamine

(Pictures and information regarding identification of the above mentioned molecules here: https://www.researchgate.net/public...d_isobaric_substances_using_fast_LC-ESI-MS-MS)

And 2 more general questions:

Does anyone know anything about the effects of any of these isomers?

Anyone has any idea of how to get anyone to do an analysis of some tested MehDMA as described in the paper above?
2,3-(methylenedioxy)cinnamic acid(CAS#:38489-70-2)

Or

2,3-(Methylenedioxy)benzaldehyde for the first one of the top of my head.im sure I could think of something better bet eh plug whatever chem you want in sigma or caymen and see what pop ups. You get to learn a lot of different stuff you weren't thinking of before ;)

The meth equivalent i believe has been talked on different threads. by AlsoTapered ive been lazy to look at the molecule but

"I'm going to suggest 'butylamphetamine' is most likely:

Above is also the likely synthesis. While PMK is a controlled precursor, PEK is not. The reason is that when the chain of amphetamine (alpha methyl phenylethylamine) is lengthened to aephetamine (alpha ethyl phenylethylamine) the product has almost no DAT activity. It's more or less a selective to NET so no euphoric, just increases levels of adrenaline and produces nasty effects.

There are other possible positional isomers, in fact I've previously mentioned them but they all result in 4 isomers rather than 2 so unless one is prepared to lose 75% of the product to get to the 'good' isomer, it's not very likely.

People could sell PEK as PMK, mix the two or just label PEK as PMK. It's a subtle change and not on that the average Mexican 'cook' is going to notice. The smell would be a give-away, I suspect.

But it's not like it hasn't been explored. It's just not been adopted because it produces junk.

I'm pretty sure a 'unique impurity' was spotted in Russian-made BMK and it was para-tert-butyl BMK. My only suggestion for that was the BMK synthesis proceeding via a Grignard using phenylacetonitrile and MTBE being the solvent. If their was trace tert butyl alcohol... that could react with the Cl-... or something!

MTBE is used to increase the octane-rating of gasoline but I have noted that it turns up as a solvent in quite a few Russian papers and patents where one might more rightly expect diethyl ether or THF. Why the Russians use it I do not know. My suspicion is cost."

2-(3-methoxyphenyl)-N-methyl-3-butanamine
2-(4-methoxyphenyl)-N-methyl-3-butanamine

MAMDPA; MDMAPA; methyl 3-oxo-2-(3,4- methylenedioxyphenyl)butanoate. MAPA MD twin cousin
There is already MGPA, which is the 4 phenylbutyrate, instead of the 2 phenylbutryate, so I assume there will be a MD version soon, as well as an ethyl version of MDMAPA
I mean if Butanoic acid and methylamine give a condensation reaction with each other to produce N-methylbutanamide and water as the products.

C3H7COOH + CH3NH2 = C3H7CONHCH3 + H2O Carboxylic acids (such as Butanoic acid) can react with primary or secondary amines (methylamine is a primary amine) in a CONDENSATION reaction. This particular one is called Amidization. Water is made, and the OH of the carboxylic acid is replaced with the amine molecule (less one H). But this is outside my wheel house so if I'm wrong I'm wrong

More can be found here?
Studies on the Ring Isomers of N-Methyl-2-Methoxyphenyl-3-Butanamines (MPBA) Related to 3 4-MDMA

Also. These MPBA isomers would possibly appear as clandestine drug samples only by direct chemical synthesis and are not likely to occur as impurities of common synthetic routes for the preparation of MDMA.

Compounds 1–3 were prepared by the same general procedure using the appropriately substituted methoxyphenylacetone. The reaction mixture was refluxed and The solvent was evaporated to yield yellow oil 2-(methoxyphenyl)-3-butanone purified by vacuum distillation. The ketones were converted to the desired amines via reductive amination (3).

The methods for the preparation of the 2,3- and 3,4-MDMAhave been described in previousreports(1,3). The general procedure for the synthesis of these compounds begins with theappropriate aldehyde, 2,3-methylenedioxybenzaldehyde and 3,4-methylenedioxy-benzaldehyde (piperonal), as starting materials.The preparation of 2,3-methylenedioxybenzaldehyde has been reported previously (1,8).

Anyone has any idea of how to get anyone to do an analysis of some tested MehDMA as described in the paper above?

Last edited:
But is there any actual evidence that the things that you say may be causing 'meh' actually interfere to any degree with the subjective effects of MDMA? (And are actually in the 'mehMDMA')

Oh, and I did an impromptu survey of the people that I know that actually use MDMA and MDXX substances.

Out of the 30 or so people that I was able to ask, zero none nada not one the giant goose egg

Have ever in their 10 to 20 years of rolling experience ever had 'mehMDMA.'

In fact a few that I spoke to in person looked at me like something was wrong with me even asking the question.

We know that celexa and other SSRI medicines destroy the subjective effects of MDMA. I myself have experienced gabapentin reducing the subjective effects of MDMA.

Nobody I know is complaining about the quality of MDMA. They're complaining about the scarcity of MDMA because methamphetamine is everywhere.

Don't you think if these proposed syntheses we're producing these byproducts that made for 'mehMDMA' that it would be a much more widespread reported issue when it's not?

Literally outside of this board Nobody is talking about 'mehMDMA'.

But we have lots of brand newbies posting. "I just tried MDMA and I love it. It's the most awesome thing ever."

And we get a lot of. "I tried it and it didn't work" -- Well are you on antidepressants??

Yeah!

Well that's why it doesn't work. You can't take SSRI (and some other) antidepressants and have a good response to MDMA. It just doesn't work.

Oh!

I'm sorry, but I don't know what that is.
5/6-APB and related compounds

They were sold in England as benzo fury before they got scheduled.

They're sold as pellets and powder from various RC suppliers.

They tend to test like MDMA not in every test but in many.

One of them actually has more euphoria and lovey dovey-ness than even MDMA in my personal experience.

Others are really cool but last way longer than MDMA and 80 mg wouldn't show it but get trippy.

Some people actually prefer that benzofurans to MDMA

Some people actually prefer that benzofurans to Dougie Doozer jumping out from behind another windmill and blowing paprika extract into everybody's dang eyeballs again.
Which one was better? 5-MAPB? I have almost no experience with bzf stuff just 1/4 pill of 6-APB once.