• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
High dose hydromorphone has been a real bitch for me.

Prolly the worst withdrawals ive had and ive fucked with oxy oxymorphone hydrocodone methadone heroin and bupe.

It seems definitively it is benzodiazipines due to all the horrible stuff/seizures/ect. or really any gabagerics. Not that opioid withdrawal is in anyway fun. Plenty of experience with the latter, no with the former.

Hydromorphine withdrawal is so bad because of how fast an intensely it hits you, but it doesn't last long. Methadone withdrawal sucks because it isn't near as intense, but depending on length of use can last .5-3months. Dosage also matters too.

Yeah I had a couple really rough hydromorph kicks too. That shit is brutal.

I read that Hydromorphone is one of the least toxic opes, but apparenty that has nothing to do with the potency of WD! How many mg's wre u using daily? IV I assume?

I'm asking because I switched back to dope fo 2 months to kick bupe out of my system, so I could have a shorter (albeit more intense) WD. The plan was ultimately to use ibogaine after the H.

Any advice from others who have attempted this? Maybe a another thread is more suitable?

PS though I've never been addicted to benzos (luckily I dislike em too much, cept for WD) so I voted for em after reading all these horror stories. Sorry you all are in this rocky boat : ( GL

I read that Hydromorphone is one of the least toxic opes, but apparenty that has nothing to do with the potency of WD! How many mg's wre u using daily? IV I assume?

Yeah it was IV. I was doing 24-32mg shots multiple times a day. No idea how much in total, but a lot I guess. Maybe like 200mg's over the course of the day, sometimes more, sometimes less.The high is so short with hydromorph and half-life so low that you have to redose a lot.

As to your other question. I don't really see how switching back to H from bupe is a better option than just weening down and hopping off at a very low dose of bupe. That's the point of it, ha.

Yeah it was IV. I was doing 24-32mg shots multiple times a day. No idea how much in total, but a lot I guess. Maybe like 200mg's over the course of the day, sometimes more, sometimes less.The high is so short with hydromorph and half-life so low that you have to redose a lot.

As to your other question. I don't really see how switching back to H from bupe is a better option than just weening down and hopping off at a very low dose of bupe. That's the point of it, ha.

The short halflife did turn me off. Scagnattie, the thing is... I'm so sensitive to the longterm withdrawls/PAWS from bupe, I feel like a short WD is the best way now. This is after 2 times clean, almost 4 weeks. Fuuuck, I was so close...

Gonna try to find a doc that will taper me off with short acting low dose opes and gabapentin, then go to a sober living place or costa rica to replenish.

Sorry to get off topic, back to dwelling on the most painful times of our lives! : (

I got to say meth/amphetamines just because that once you get off that shit for good, it's usually because you know that shit is literally fucking your heart in the ass, so you absolutely HAVE to get off that shit.

Not saying that the withdrawal itself is that bad physically but mentally you have to deal with thinking about living the rest of your life without amps, which sucks, after you've been on that shit for a couple of months all amped up everyday...

but mentally you have to deal with thinking about living the rest of your life without amps, which sucks, after you've been on that shit for a couple of months all amped up everyday...

How is that different than any other drug? And as far as withdrawals, stimulants like meth don't even cause true physical dependency. There isn't any withdrawals, just rebound effects that last for a couple days. The mental aspect is incredibly intense with things like meth, but that's not what we're talking about here.

How is that different than any other drug? And as far as withdrawals, stimulants like meth don't even cause true physical dependency. There isn't any withdrawals, just rebound effects that last for a couple days. The mental aspect is incredibly intense with things like meth, but that's not what we're talking about here.

I spent at least 9 months constantly meth'd out and I'm back to normal. I don't mind life without meth. It's actually nice to not be on it.

If "life sucks" without meth, likely, you have depression or bipolar or a mental disorder that is going untreated or under-medicated. This is not something I would say lightly; I take this opinion very seriously. The only people I've met who think "life sucks" without meth, or have NOT had good reactions whatsoever to meth, are people with bipolar disorder.

Just my 2 cents.

^Some people just really like life on meth. I still miss aspects of meth addiction(everything's fun, life feels like a video game, the feeling of having a magical solution to fatigue, general lethargy) and I am not bipolar.

The short halflife did turn me off. Scagnattie, the thing is... I'm so sensitive to the longterm withdrawls/PAWS from bupe, I feel like a short WD is the best way now. This is after 2 times clean, almost 4 weeks. Fuuuck, I was so close...

Gonna try to find a doc that will taper me off with short acting low dose opes and gabapentin, then go to a sober living place or costa rica to replenish.

Sorry to get off topic, back to dwelling on the most painful times of our lives! : (

I understand where you're coming from but I tried this before. Reducing the severity of PAWS from coming off Suboxone by giving myself breaks with what I decided were relatively safe opiates. Percocet, low doses of morphine, Lorcet. It's not a good idea. It sounds so daunting but tapering off the sub and then when it's time, doing absolutely nothing is the best way to go.
Using mild and/or low doses of opiates to level out your symptoms or give yourself a break is really playing with fire. I guess if you can find a doctor to monitor the taper it MIGHT be worth a try but I doubt it. You're gonna be very, very hard pressed to find a doctor that will do that, though.

Well the thread name says withdrawals, not specifically physical and first post itself says "Whether it be psychological or physical....." So his view on meth is entirely valid. Also, (meth/)amphetamines are even included as poll option for which 4% people voted.

Silly showing off from me aside though, I don't personally think withdrawal from amps is the worst out there, but it can't be ignored just because it has no physical side.
After all the psychological withdrawal always lasts longer than physical, even the worst physical WDs last days or weeks, psychological can be severe for years (no will to live without the drug...). Still the physical addictive substances have the bonus of physical side which makes them winner.

Who knows though how many people commited suicide because of meth, months or years after completely stopping it..? That number could be higher than with any opiate or benzo.. but that's for another topic, commiting suicide doesn't count as part of WD probably.

^^

All the other drugs have psychological aspects as well.. plus the physical. So, putting stims in the same category really doesn't make sense to me. People who have kicked something like heroin, compared to stopping coke or meth.. shake that shit off like a bad cold. No offense to anyone struggling with coming off those drugs, but being unable to physically stop something without debilitating withdrawal, kinda puts it in another category for me as far as how bad it is to quit. Just one mans opinion.

For me it was benzodiazepines due to intensity and length of withdrawal. Constant and extreme anxiety, panic attacks, sleep walking, night-terrors, insomnia, tremors, shakes, elevated bp and heart rate, terror and just feeling like I was going to lose my mind or have a seizure. Buprenorphine (Suboxone/Subutex) withdrawals are pretty horrible just due to how long they last including the PAWS symptoms, but the level of intensity of the physical withdrawal is less than heroin or other full-agonist opiates, IME. Alcohol was horrible because it was incredibly intense and frightening, thinking I was going to have a seizure or heart attack. Same withdrawals for me as benzos, only shorter lasting and more intense. Luckily they have benzos to aid the alcohol withdrawal, but for benzo withdrawal you can only taper, as there is not an effective medication for the withdrawal like benzos are for alcohol. Amphetamine withdrawal wasn't too horrible for me because I was young (17 at the time) and I had only used for 2 years (although everyday, basically) and I used mostly orally, sometimes nasally. The withdrawals consisted of depression, lethargy, increased appetite, increased sleep, tiredness and the worst was the boredom and cravings. I didn't abuse them hard enough to have a long-lasting amphetamine psychosis (thankfully). The major problem with amphtamines, however, is that I have never gotten used to life without them. I used them to treat my ADHD and self-medicate my depression and mood disorder. I have never gotten used to life without them and I now need some other type of drug to motivate me to do anything, any kind of work or even getting out of bed has to be motivated somehow and in general it's with drugs. Now I only use bupe, which I do not get a high from and only occasionally get a "glow" or mood-lift. So, I am pretty depressed at the moment because I don't really have anything to motivate myself. I used to smoke a lot of cannabis, but I am not in a good place in my life right now, mentally, and whenever I use cannabis I feel really guilty, anxious and depressed by dissecting and over-analyzing my life and not being able to hide and ignore my problems and emotions. Benzos and alcohol were extremely difficult to get off of but after 6 months, I don't really miss them. If offered I wouldn't be able to say no, but I am not really out searching for them. My cravings are generally for opiates, even though I take bupe daily as a maintenance drug. I just wish the bupe worked like it did in the beginning, before I jacked up my tolerance by still using IV heroin on occasion. I also get really bad cravings for meth/amphetamines, but I can't enjoy them without benzos, or a combination of benzos and alcohol for the the comedown. So, being off alcohol and benzos, I stay away from speed.

^Wholeheartedly agree regarding the benzo's. I've wished many a time that there was a "maintenance drug" for benzo dependence/addiction.

I spent at least 9 months constantly meth'd out and I'm back to normal. I don't mind life without meth. It's actually nice to not be on it.

If "life sucks" without meth, likely, you have depression or bipolar or a mental disorder that is going untreated or under-medicated. This is not something I would say lightly; I take this opinion very seriously. The only people I've met who think "life sucks" without meth, or have NOT had good reactions whatsoever to meth, are people with bipolar disorder.

Just my 2 cents.

Coming back to reality without your dopamine is why meth has such a notorious rep. Imo. Benzodiazepines have got to be #1, at least from what I've read
Methadone was the worst for me. It hurt to take a step. Sweating with the cold shivers, yeah.

Bupe.. the energizer bunny of wd. Day 34 and I'm still sweating and shivering with mad cravings.
Heavy abrupt benzo withdrawal is like having your mind raped and dumped in the middle of the pacific ocean.
Stims are a sentimental *sigh* in comparison.

I tried forever to get off methadone and Xanax. I finally just jumped off the Xanax after taking 1mg for a week and then .5 every other day for a couple of days. Then I stopped methadone at 10mgs. I then proceeded to do 1bag day of poor quality/quantity dope that can be found in west Orlando for the next 15 days. I stopped went 9 days w/o anything. Lapsed and used 2 days in a row. I have now gone 30 days with a sporadic 7 days dope use. I did dope 2 days last week and overdosed 1 day only to stop breathing and go to the hospital and the other got slapped around and had water thrown all over me while walking around a parking lot until I was good to drive. Not enjoyable experiences and have kinda left me with a bad dope taste.

Hopefully these incidents and my new union job will help push me forward. I have also just gotten a new house. I would have to say that methadone and Xanax were by far the hardest kicks. I tried a million different methods until I finally just decided dope might be easier to kick. Only time will tell if I am successful but I will say I have never felt better and at this point I would def. call this a success because I have never made it the point where I am sleeping and eating regularly. I am just glad to be off methadone and Xanax. I was like an unemployable depressed zombie.

^^

All the other drugs have psychological aspects as well.. plus the physical. So, putting stims in the same category really doesn't make sense to me. People who have kicked something like heroin, compared to stopping coke or meth.. shake that shit off like a bad cold. No offense to anyone struggling with coming off those drugs, but being unable to physically stop something without debilitating withdrawal, kinda puts it in another category for me as far as how bad it is to quit. Just one mans opinion.

I agree.... I have gone on huge binges and periods of use with methamp, cocaine and crack and even got put in rehab because of a crack binge but I have never thought that any of them had any lasting pull or were difficult to stop compared to opiates or benzos. It was more or less just having to overcome the boredom of having nothing to do with the stimulants. I even went on huge IV binges with coke and meth. I thought IV coke to be the more difficult but still had nothing on Heroin, methadone or Xanax. Stimulants had more immediate consequences but after the short comedown and dealing with the disgusting things I might have done using them I just brushed it off my shoulder.