• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What is the strongest magic mushrooms out of these types?

StrawberryJuice

Greenlighter
Amazonian, Columbian, Ecuador, Golden teacher, Mexican, Mexican gold or Thai? The company that sells the kits lists these names as the choices so which one is the strongest or are they all pretty much the same? I'm new to mushrooms so I would appreciate any input if you have experience with any of them. Thanks

Hi and welcome to Bluelight / PD! :)

I have experience with cultivation and different strains (am also a Shroomerite)...they are all pretty much the same: Psilocybe Cubensis.
There are some (very few!) strains like Penis Envy that can be significantly more potent and they have slightly different appearance but they are mutants. Also their downside is that they can be unreliable in yield.

The other Cubensis strains like the ones you listed can have certain preferences for how you grow them and may for example have genetics that generate few mushrooms but large ones, or the opposite: many mushrooms but small ones. And some have more meaty stems etc. Also some have very fast 'colonization' growth in the beginning but slow fruiting.
This is not even necessarily consistent with all strains! How they are grown combined with semi random genetics determines potency, so almost impossible to predict.
That makes different strains rather about marketing ploys and novelty interest involving the idea that you are eating or growing mushrooms with a certain history / geographical origin.

Just pick one that sounds nice to you, but definitely don't make a big deal out of it.

Of course there are also other psilocybian mushrooms that are NOT Cubensis, they tend to look a bit different and can often be a lot more potent, more difficult to grow and more expensive.

Good luck and safe journeys <3 Prepare well, have a good set and setting and read up about anything that is unclear to you. Can save you a lot of discomfort later!

If youre considering a grow kit, also consider the fact that while many grow kits work, many are ill-prepared and prone to contamination. Growing mushrooms is a wonderful experience and takes patience, regardless of whether you use a grow kit or not. I would suggest going to the shroomery and searching the PF-tek, as its easiest for behinners. For a fraction of the price, you can have the same amount of product in the same amount of time AND the satisfaction that comes with growing something from scratch.

Sorry that this was off-topic and not the question, but I felt it necessary to be said.

I got good yields/strong potency from my only grow, the strain was Mazatapec. I used the PF-tek style cakes and made my grow unit from scratch using a drill, and a large plastic bin I got at Walmart. In total I got a little over an ounce of mushrooms for about 100 dollars starting up. I anticipate it will be even cheaper with my next grow, since I have most of the supplies I'll need already, save for a grow light and extra half-pint wide mouth jars (which are strangely never stocked at my Walmart, while all other sizes and styles are >.>).

Also consider that if you're in the UK a mycelium grow kit is considered class A.

I seem to remember Psilocybe cyanescens being much more potent than cubensis, but cubensis are just so much more productive and easy that they end up being the best choice for most home growers.