• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

What is the socially acceptable cut off age for playing video games?

Droppersneck

Ex-Bluelighter
Some think it is 12, my girl friend thinks it is 18, and my psychology professor said 21. I say 23 b/c that is when you graduate from college. What do you think it is?

Who the fuck cares if you play video games when you're 108 or 2? Do what makes you happy, and fuck the rest*

*within reason

never.

the industry has evolved and it is just as much adult entertainment as it is for children. in many ways it is more geared towards the mature market.

nb, we have a video game section in bluelight.

^^ Not sure having a bluelight section makes something socially acceptable.

oh, that was unrelated to the original assertion, just pointing out that SO might not be the best place for the thread.

What age to you stop playing chess? What age do you stop trying to swing the highest on a playground swing? What age do fart jokes become unfunny?

I'm almost 40 and I guess I'll tell you when it happens.

just about anything is socially acceptable if you're a boss otherwise. imagine george clooney admiting he's a chronic masturbater. I just can't imagine anyone would even care.

just about anything is socially acceptable if you're a boss otherwise. imagine george clooney admiting he's a chronic masturbater. I just can't imagine anyone would even care.
this. I still play video games lols.

Obama is trying to pass a law making it illegal for anyone over 18 to play video games. Liberals are ruining this country!

~~~>CE&P ~~~> S&G

You absolutely must stop playing video games by the time you graduate high school. After that, you have to become an adult - all your entertainment must come from the Wallstreet Journal and doing your taxes.

Obama is trying to pass a law making it illegal for anyone over 18 to play video games. Liberals are ruining this country!

~~~>CE&P ~~~> S&G

What! No way!!!!! That's absurd! I don't want to say bye bye to my ps games!

It is an ongoing process and I will report back when findings are solid.

*Just pre-ordered new Splinter Cell game this week. =D

never.

the industry has evolved and it is just as much adult entertainment as it is for children. in many ways it is more geared towards the mature market.

nb, we have a video game section in bluelight.

This. It has become an adult industry. Most games made today are intended for an audience that is of 17-18 years or older. Minors younger than 17 or 18 cannot even legally purchase most games that come out today without a parent present.

As time goes on, and the first individuals who grew up on video games get older and older, video games will be made for older and older audiences. It's just like another movie or television industry. You are never expected to grow out of watching movies or television, correct?

Ive noticed that the vast majority of video games hold no appeal to me whatsoever anymore.

But I think it is pretty much socially acceptable to continue playing as long as you damn well please. I think most people just stop because they lose interest.

I'm not trying to bash anyone. It's just an opinion shared by some. It's kinda like the 40 year old guy that watches cartoons or makes a bunch of south park references. Or the 40 year old guy would would vote for some comedy central comedian if he ran for office. I see that as bad decision making.

I enjoy playing golden eye from time to time. Maybe once every six months. If it's an occasional thing, I don't see a problem with it.

It's kinda like the 40 year old guy that watches cartoons or makes a bunch of south park references. Or the 40 year old guy would would vote for some comedy central comedian if he ran for office. I see that as bad decision making.

No, its really not. Not all video games are childish.

Ive noticed that the vast majority of video games hold no appeal to me whatsoever anymore.

But I think it is pretty much socially acceptable to continue playing as long as you damn well please. I think most people just stop because they lose interest.

True! I don't think I will ever grow out of it, well at least at this moment. I just love my Tekken Games too much lols