• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the quickest you've seen someone get their life ruined over drug use?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
Drugs are fun but the negatives can cause a fucking downward spiral at the drop of a hat. Most of us know that very well.

I just found out from talking to an old Facebook friend of mine that one of my female classmates who has academically gifted is now living in a female homeless shelter after getting addicted to Oxycontin and subsequently kicked out by her parents. She was doing well in college doing a science course which is hard to get into but then got with a boyfriend who introduced her to prescription painkillers (notoriously hard to get in Ireland/UK). She liked them too much and then spent her whole saving at her job to get them. Pretty soon she experienced withdrawal, stopped coming into her part time job as she could not function when not on it. Started pawning her families stuff and they decided to kick her out. She went to live with her boyfriend but he pretty soon got fed up with her and now she's alternating between living on the streets and in a shelter.

Do you know any stories like this?

had a friend that had a 4.0 in undergrad in chemistry. went to medical school and started shooting pills while in medical school. After about 2.5 yrs he had run through about 100K in dollars and killed himself from a heart infection.

I took to drink at the end of the first college semester and was off on a bender which lasted a sum total of eight years.

One week. OD from heroin and died. He went right to shooting from the 1st time. Died in a week. He was the type to take large doses of lsd / rolls. Yeah well, taking large doses of IV heroin isn't the same.