• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What is the longest rehab/treatment program you've been in

Dr.Mambo

Bluelighter
I've only been in treatment once and it was a sober house. Its a 12 month program but I left after nine months. I realized I wasn't ready for the 100% abstinence thing they preach and I got sick of AA. Overall it was a good experience though. Just seemed really long compared to other programs.

I was in a psych ward for two weeks, though obviously that's different from rehab (we did have substance-related sessions, though). Aside from that, my only stint was a 5-week intensive outpatient program. To me, 5 weeks of 4 days a week was pretty reasonable. Over all, I found the experience helpful, but often extremely irritating (lots of bad, outdated information and lots of moralizing dressed up as tough love). The helpful part to me was getting to know the other patients. I'm still in touch with a few of them.

36 days. It was a under 18 inpatient rehab facility. But I've had other shorter stints since then. Most programs are about a month long.

Depends. As for a higher level of care, the longest treatment I've had lasted three fucking months. At a PHP/IOP+sober house setup.

I was also on methadone for 2.5 years, so I'd say that is my longest treatment program I've completed/been involved in.

I also think I spend a summer in a sober living right when I first tried to get clean, which was part of my truly horrible introduction to the recovery community, but I wouldn't call that "treatment" as I used MDPV almost the entire time I was there and the "program's" only requirement (other than you PAY) was infrequent random drug testing. It was a cheap, nice-ish place though 8)