• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the best sleeping pill I can get from my doctor

Shoot, I haven't read your last message; I will now.....Ill be honest I havent read it because I figured you eviscirated me after I stepped sideways. I know I WAS OUT OF LINE the last time I replied to you; I am sorry. My technological ignorance is both embarrassing and frustrating. Again I apologize. And yes I should.

Shoot, I haven't read your last message; I will now.....Ill be honest I havent read it because I figured you eviscirated me after I stepped sideways. I know I WAS OUT OF LINE the last time I replied to you; I am sorry. My technological ignorance is both embarrassing and frustrating. Again I apologize. And yes I should.

Really, I don't see why you are apologising. All I could possibly give was my own experiences. I didn't mention anyone on BL at all.

Relax, I'm not out to get you - you have always struck me as a stand up guy (do people still use that term?). I mean your reasonable, trustworthy and honest. I bare no grudge, honestly.

I am so sorry about your seizures; I haven't had one yet but as a benzo user I do live in fear of them constantly. And I do owe you an apology, I came at you sideways because I was embarassed of my own ignorance.

Do you mean strobe lights not strip lights? If so they are definitely a MUST AVOID for the seizure prone. They wouldn't even play pokemon cartoons in the US because so many ppl seized out. (now I am assuming that is due to the strobe like affect of anime, but know it was cited as causing seizures).

No - strip lights. My triggers are:

1-strip lights
2-lack of sleep
3-stress

Any 2 of the 3 is almost certain to trigger a seizure. Not all are grand mal. Once I got lost outside my own house. It was like a dream and I was lost. I DID make it to a friends house after 5 hours only to be driven home.... and everyone thought I was just being difficult or inventing it. That is actually the most upsetting thing. When people don't believe you. This friend even knew I had spent a week in hospital with a similar problem.

I lost the ability to speak and to write and when language came back.... Dutch (my second language) came back so my wife had to translate for the doctors. But suddenly 'losing my words' is the most common one with getting lost the second. I almost died last winter (malnutrition) and unless I get some help soon, I don't expect to be alive next year.

It's like I have a treatable illness but nobody is treating it - they just do not care if I die. I live alone, don't see people for weeks at a time so the next serious illness and NOBODY will ever find me...

So use my knowledge while I'm still able to give it - that way at least I've done SOMETHING good in this world.

If have no condition; sure...... I am...... well maybe was depending on whose standards an athlete. I had school at 7 am and hockey from mindight to 1:30 AM and still couldn't sleep. Insomnia is a real condition and that is not questionable.....I kind of was about to blowback on your first post, instead it got a heart after some critical thinking.

For some of us the brain does not turn off at the end of the night despite physical fatigue. If you are past 1,000 sheep every night maybe check it.

@AlsoTapered First I owe you an apology, I am sorry; sincerely . 2nd 100% agreed. Avoid stims and I can relate to everything you were saying. Not good news for folk like us. I only drink caffeine in the early AM.

@ChemicallyEnhanced - Yes the halflife is fairly long, however barbs trump benzos (opinion?) so I guess I figured best would be most euphoric and hardest hitting. That is why I said best sleeping pill is a tough call...

For strictly medical use and reasonable chances I would say Restoril, Chemical name (temazepam) worked best for solely sleep purposes. Or maybe phenazepam if you were already laying in bed when you dosed it, but phenaz is a tricky mofo. (again long ass halflife).

Generally Zopiclone would be my DOC for sleep, but yeah, barbs are amazing and I would chose them over benzos. Unfortunately, a few years back I tried to kill myself with a barbiturate OD and ended up on a ventilator in ICU for a week...even was clinically dead for 2 minutes...so...yeah..I very strongly doubt they'd ever let me have a script for them again

Generally Zopiclone would be my DOC for sleep, but yeah, barbs are amazing and I would chose them over benzos. Unfortunately, a few years back I tried to kill myself with a barbiturate OD and ended up on a ventilator in ICU for a week...even was clinically dead for 2 minutes...so...yeah..I very strongly doubt they'd ever let me have a script for them again

You need to mix barbs with alcohol - that way death occurs very quickly indeed.

That said, glad you f*cked up and survived.

You need to mix barbs with alcohol - that way death occurs very quickly indeed.

That said, glad you f*cked up and survived.

Thanks. I had just been made homeless and wanted to listen to some of my fav music before I died so went to the library. Instead of regular bathrooms they have like individual little rooms with toilet sink etc you can lock. As soon as I felt the barbs take effect, I was gonna go in one and lock the door and nobody would find me for hours. The barbs hit super fast, though, and I ended up collapsing in public. So I guess I got lucky to survive.
I didn't mix them with alcohol because I was worried I'd vomit and survive.
I did mix them with opioids though.

Has anyone had a prescription for Halcion? I believe it was popular back in the day, but is seldomly used these days.

Any benzodiazepine.
A Z-drug.
Many sedating antipsychotics.
Tricyclic antidepressants.
First generation antihistamines.
Mirtazepine.
Chloral hydrate.
Ethyl Alcohol.
Oxybate.

Don't do what I did last night. I've been up for days (I get bouts of insomnia) so I drank a bottle of vodka. Still only got 4hrs.

I hope you get rest soon because it gets exhausting

I

Has anyone had a prescription for Halcion? I believe it was popular back in the day, but is seldomly used these days.
Yes. Once a relative was able to make it to the mayo clinic and everything was first class. .25 mg, 3 mgs is alot with no tolerance. (prepare to pass out and dont drink or take opis)

Avoiding stimulants and exercise work the best. Do you know that in 2001 I didn't sleep for 12 days. This was in The Netherlands so no pills would EVER be offered.
I can't make it > 3 days w/o sleep. My brain starts to "micro-nap" regardless of what I'm doing. This is hella dangerous for the same obvious reasons one shouldn't hand a live chainsaw to a narcoleptic, and I stopped doing the Narconomicon Dance™ years ago in favor of sleep optimization.

On day 13 I was taking my GF to hospital for some minor procedure and I had a grand mal seizure IN the hospital.
The term "Grand Mal seizure" sounds so stately and regal, like it's in Grand Central Station and warrants pomp & circumstance, catered wine & champagne, Swedish meatballs & hors d'oeuvres… Mmm… I need to find a good cocktail party to attend :LOL:

they got worried and injected diazemuls. It STILL didn't stop so the consultant made a 'heroic' decision to inject me with clomethiazole (Heminevrin) which she had never used before. It took 400mg to stop me.
That's what they gave ppl w/DTs back in the 1940s - 1980s, clomethiazole. Idk about "heroic decision" tho – their malpractice insurance provider might think otherwise had that gone poorly ;)

I woke up TOTALLY lost, naked in a bed I didn't recognise with all of the lights switched off. It was almost pitch black, just pin-lights and it was 10PM.
Or as I call it: morning. Lol, j/k. That sucks, man. I have a friend w/epilepsy who describes similar “time-travels”, shall we say? Fade from black to a hospital bed and temporary retrograde amnesia. Doesn't sound fun.

After that my career using computers was over. I have to stop for 30 minutes every couple of hours
Well… I think you're supposed to do that anyway for your vision and mental clarity ;)

or I get NESD (non-epileptic seizure disorder) and it feels like the screen is sucking me in....
I am reminded of the Aphex Twin video for Come To Daddy. I'm not adding the link bc the video could cause seizures, ironically enough.
iu

Poor Abuelita.

I've been curious about those types of sounds for sleep but I was worried about what subjecting my ears to 7 hrs of low frequency audio every night would do to my hearing.
As long as the decibels are low, I think you're ok. More problematic to me is the music is too cheesy like most "New Age" music. Anyway, aren't you the lead singer of Sonic Youth? :geek:
🤟😤
I had school at 7 am and hockey from mindight to 1:30 AM and still couldn't sleep.
Well no wonder. That's a terrible schedule for getting adequate sleep. Consider: school @ 7 AM, but hockey practice from midnight until 1:30 AM??? And you see no problem with this?
If your practice ends at 1:30 AM, realistically you have to first travel home, first, right?, take off your hockey accoutrements and put stuff away / into laundry bins, ok then!☞ take a shower, dry off, brush your teeth, etc. By now it's 2:30am and you were just working-out rigorously only 1 hr ago. Your body needs another ~45 min still to wind down, meaning you're not asleep asleep until 3 AM or later.

Being up that late with school at 7 AM does not for a healthy sleep schedule make, my guy.

Insomnia is a real condition and that is not questionable.....
Perhaps you have a condition, but how could anyone know if you only give yourself 3 hrs to sleep most nights?

I kind of was about to blowback on your first post, instead it got a heart after some critical thinking.
Much obliged 🙏

For some of us the brain does not turn off at the end of the night despite physical fatigue.
So you suffer from chronic primary insomnia with no underlying cause? That sucks; I'm sorry. When was this diagnosed by your doctor, and how long was it going on prior to your diagnosis?

barbs trump benzos (opinion?)
Not as far as safety profiles go. Barbiturates will body jokers up. They have significantly less distance between active dose and LD50 compared to BZDs, and this is the primary reason benzodiazepines have largely replaced barbiturates in both the pharmaceutical industry and as a street drug.

so I guess I figured best would be most euphoric and hardest hitting.
I feel like these two qualities are almost mutually exclusive. You know, every benzo has the same properties, just at different levels, right? So they're all sedative, hypnotic, inebriating, CNS depressing, disinhibiting, appetite inducing, calming/relaxing, anticonvulsant, somnolent, amnesic, and anxiolytic, but some are more suited to these qualities than others depending on various factors such as how they affect GABA and at which subtype sites. Xanax and Valium for example are better anxiolytics than say Flubromazolam which tends to be more sedative and somnolent. There is also variance in the duration of action, half-life to elimination, and onset.

Drug-Induced Euphoria

And different still from these qualities is "euphoria". Drug-induced euphoria has several varieties in my opinion. Here's a list of six I came up with:
  1. stimulant euphoria
  2. entactogen euphoria
  3. opioid euphoria
  4. musculoskeletal euphoria
  5. psychedelic euphoria
  6. dissociated euphoria
There is some overlap of course, so maybe this could have better taxonomy.

And now, here's a partial list / data chart for…

Benzos Prescribed For Insomnia

DRUG NAME (BRAND)HALF-LIFE TO ELIMINATIONAPPROXIMATE DOSENOTES
Estazolam (ProSom)10-24 hrs1-2 mgDesmethylalprazolam (Xanax minus a CH₃ group)
Flunitrazepam (Rohypnol)18-26 hrs1 mgRoofies, never brought to market in the U.S.
Flurazepam (Dalmane)40-250 hrs15-30 mgFor short-term treatment of insomnia. Long-acting benzodiazepine
Loprazolam (Dormonoct)6-12 hrs1-2 mgIntermediate duration, widely prescribed
Lormetazepam (Noctamid)10-12 hrs1-2 mg3-hydroxy BZD derivative and temazepam analogue, well tolerated
Nitrazepam (Mogadon)15-38 hrs10 mgMostly limited to acute seizure management
Quazepam (Doral)25-100 hrs20 mgLess respiratory depression & ataxia, selective to type 1 BZD receptors
Temazepam (Restoril)8-22 hrs20 mgFor cases of severe insomnia
Triazolam (Halcion)2 hrs0.5 mgShort half-life is good for short sleep sessions but won't help one stay asleep

I've never had my own script, but I've taken triazolam before as ℞ Halcion. To me, it's very much like Xanax, or perhaps a like a Valium high if it were distilled into 120 minutes. I could see that becoming problematic for the compulsive…

aye, the script I took was also not mine. But definitely not fake either.

You are correct that schedule was messed; hockey till 130 am school at 7 am. Not unusual however; more of an example of forced insomnia.

That is not my current schedule, nor was it when I was diagnosed with insomnia. I haven't been in hockey in over 20 yrs. I was diagnosed in my early 20s but it was always a problem. I couldnt do sleepovers as a younger kid because I couldn't sleep. The older I got the more difficult it came to cope with until a doc was needed.

no as far as safety profiles go definitely benzos are safer.....but as far as knock out power I think barbs win.

Interesting thoughts; for me euphoric and knockout power go hand and hand. As the euphoria I receive from benzos is my mind quits racing and I am able to sleep. My definition of euphoria may differ from most.

I really like the table tho, good info for all. Temazepam did work great for insomnia but the pharmacy didnt like it so I got switched to klonopin which works just fine after decades

*on an unrelated note, what MF doom song is in your sig I wanna hear that line delivered. RIP

As someone else mentioned, I MUST have had some micro-sleep.

I know when I have a huge sleep debt because I go into dream-sleep almost instantly. THAT can be quite horrific. You start confusing dreams with reality.

Once I was utterly convinced I had really upset a friend. I was asking people how upset and how angry was she? It took 3 or 4 days for someone to convince me that the events never took place and it was a dream.

That kind of thing could be really hazardous. If I had for some reason dreamed that someone I know had stolen from me or threatened me, the police would have been involved and while 1 persons word against another isn't evidence, I could have caused some innocent person a significant amount of harm.

It's happened several times and I worry. Worry that their won't be people who recognise it as a symptom. I mean, if I accused someone of something serious, I could get into serious trouble!

aye, the script I took was also not mine. But definitely not fake either.

You are correct that schedule was messed; hockey till 130 am school at 7 am. Not unusual however; more of an example of forced insomnia.
I wonder if this has a permanent effect of people. This is reason #87486736486735897 I don't have or want children.

I haven't been in hockey in over 20 yrs.
I don't understand the screwed up schedule. Was this for college I hope and not little league or juniors league or whatever? My dad made me play football, baseball, and basketball, with the last one going through highschool. Never even heard of a shitty practice time like that, what the hell?

I was diagnosed in my early 20s but it was always a problem. I couldnt do sleepovers as a younger kid because I couldn't sleep. The older I got the more difficult it came to cope with until a doc was needed.
Oh shit. I'm sorry, man. That has to suck …

no as far as safety profiles go definitely benzos are safer.....but as far as knock out power I think barbs win.
My reasoning here is that if you're asleep, you're not awake to experience the euphoria, so does that really count? I guess anterograde amnesia-inducing drugs like propofol are prone to this problem as well.

Interesting thoughts; for me euphoric and knockout power go hand and hand. As the euphoria I receive from benzos is my mind quits racing and I am able to sleep. My definition of euphoria may differ from most.
Indeed, that's why I made the list by attempting to identify different kinds of drug euphorias.

I really like the table tho, good info for all.
I aim to be helpful, even if some people take that as me being some know-it-all dick. I'm really not; I learn new shit ALL the time; and I realize how much knowledge is out there that I simply don't and won't ever know. Frankly, it's humbling.

Temazepam did work great for insomnia but the pharmacy didnt like it so I got switched to klonopin which works just fine after decades
Fair.

*on an unrelated note, what MF doom song is in your sig I wanna hear that line delivered. RIP
All Outta Ale.

Last edited:
As someone else mentioned, I MUST have had some micro-sleep.

I know when I have a huge sleep debt because I go into dream-sleep almost instantly. THAT can be quite horrific. You start confusing dreams with reality.

Once I was utterly convinced I had really upset a friend. I was asking people how upset and how angry was she? It took 3 or 4 days for someone to convince me that the events never took place and it was a dream.

That kind of thing could be really hazardous. If I had for some reason dreamed that someone I know had stolen from me or threatened me, the police would have been involved and while 1 persons word against another isn't evidence, I could have caused some innocent person a significant amount of harm.

It's happened several times and I worry. Worry that their won't be people who recognise it as a symptom. I mean, if I accused someone of something serious, I could get into serious trouble!

To 'keep it 100' when I was quitting clonazolam QUITE A SIMILAR THING HAPPENED TO ME. I had a horrible ultra realistic nightmare that made me contact someone I hadn't talked to in like 18 yrs to make sure I didn't so something horrible to her and a friend as occured in nightmare.

Creepy.

Last edited:
I wonder if this has a permanent effect of people. This is reason #87486736486735897 I don't have or want children.
A. This is a fair question; it certainly didn't help. Before this I was already experiencing insomnia and even heart pains.
I don't understand the screwed up schedule. Was this for college I hope and not little league or juniors league or whatever? My dad made me play football, baseball, and basketball, with the last one going through highschool. Never even heard of a shitty practice time like that, what the hell?
A. Oh yea it was junior league-ish. HS. 14-17ish, earlier icetime was reserved for younger kids and I could say some damning things about the man that runs our junior hockey league but I will spare it and just say it is corrupt as all hell (dude isnt not involved in crime lol). Practice and game times that late, sometimes out of town. College is when it was diagnosed.
Oh shit. I'm sorry, man. That has to suck …

My reasoning here is that if you're asleep, you're not awake to experience the euphoria, so does that really count? I guess anterograde amnesia-inducing drugs like propofol are prone to this problem as well.

The euphoria is the 15 minutes to an hour before you go to sleep but know that you will be able too. I find hypnotic benzos more euphoric
Indeed, that's why I made the list by attempting to identify different kinds of drug euphorias.
ok lemme look at the chart if it pops up and give an answer.. Halcion would be my preference but clonazolam overall. Temazepam for insomnia.
I aim to be helpful, even if some people take that as me being some know-it-all dick. I'm really not; I learn new shit ALL the time; and I realize how much knowledge is out there that I simply don't and won't ever know. Frankly, it's humbling.
you are good man, I am glad to answer as best I can. Granted I am one case worth .02 cents.
Fair.

All Outta Ale.

Fair as could be.