• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What is old school Ecstacy???

I beg to differ!

I have found that pills from the last couple of years were as good, if not better, than those in the "old daze".

Sure, quality changes from Pill to Pill, date to date, but generally I have found consistancy all through the 90's and 00's

im my opinion

the reason u get people saying the E was better in the 90s is for 1 major reason./

they have been doing E for probably over 10 years, and they actually built up some kind of tolerance.

of course they are going to reminice over the good days/honney mooon.

so really.. they are just tired old dogs, whinging, trying to blame to cooks for their tolerance, even if they havent hit it up much in the last year.

I'm gonna go against the grain (partially). I'd say pills these days are just as strong as the old days, sometimes even stronger (beige A's are a solid example).

However!

I would say there are many more adulterants in pills these days, bad synth methods, chuck in a little MDA because its cheap and easy, etc...

The well famed x-scores from Indonesia were a prime example of that theory. The micrograms reports showed their dark little secret of having caffeine, ephedrine and stuff like that in them.

Now back when I was a weewhippersnapper and was a little into that whole 'raving' thing there were some good clean pills floating a round. But my all time favourite that ever floated my boat was the green mitsubishi that popped up in '99 then made a little resurgence for NYE 2000. They were one big bloody thumping strong dose of good clean MDMA.

I have a feeling that there used to be people out there that cared about the quality of the pills they produced. Someonce spread the love, but then some dick invented PLUR and ruined all that.

I really don't see what all the hype about the beige A's was all about, I had 4 over the course of a night in febuary and got no other effects besides real bad jaw clenching and slight nausea ~45 mins after the first, I got 2 from the same source, the other 2 from different sources and other people I know who got them from the same sources as I did were off chops from 2.. I had them a few times again (but only 1 on these occasions) and they still did very little for me. I don't take pills often and don't have a tolerance, I usually only take 2 in a night.. all I felt on the beige A's was RIPPED OFF

A MAN YOU CANT BLAME A PILL FOR THAT SHIT EVREYBODY DONT HAVE THE SAME REACTIONS TO BEANS. MAYBE JUST BECAUSE OF THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE LIKED EM AND YOU DIDNT DOESNT MEAN THEY WHERE BAD PILLS AT ALL IT MAY JUST MEAN THAT YOURE BODY DIDNT LIKE THAT SYNTH IN PATICULAR OR MAYBE YOU GOT A PILL THAT WAS A SMALL DOSE

Try to keep on topic with "old skool ecstasy" and not what is current bad/good pills (personally with people).. :) :)

Just saying what BigTrancer would hopefully be saying while he is out and about..

Does anyone remember minties? My memory is somewhat hazy, but I believe it was around 1999 to 2000?

I had the best time on those damn things...

I remember a group of us filled our pockets and decided a tour of Amsterdam was a neccessity.. this was maybe 97 or 98.. and the pills we had there (yellow JBs or something, among other) were fantastic and comparable to stuff we had in Aus at the time... (not to mention they were about 10 guilders) we also got some shit though...

I really haven't taken pills lately (last 4 or 5 years) so I'm probably not qualified to post in this thread.. but anyhow.. if someone remembers the minties I would be glad to hear what your thoughts were on what the hell they contained..

old skool WHICKY WHICKY *WHACK*. watched Night at The Roxbury last night.. there needs to be more 90s retro clubs..

i dunno, im not old skool at all but i can definately say 1999 white doves have nothing on 2004 biege a's (*all* batches).

id love to get my older bro on a pill one of these days. he last rolled in 1992, said 1989-90 was the best time of his life...

I dont know if this has any relevance to the topic but could the quality of mdma have anything to do with the quality of the precursors such as safrole or is safrole just safrole? i dont think the amount of x in a pill determines old school x, i think its more to do with quality and how its made, remembering there are six different routes to making mdma do there end products have any differences in quality and effects? Has anybody taken x knowing what precursor or method was used to make it? Obviously most people dont know jack shit about what they have taken but theres a slight chance someone has whether or not they choose to share their knowledge is another question

Personally, as I am a infrequent E user who has had some experience with what seems to be referred as old school E I reckon pills aren't any better or worse really. I mean ppl go on about how great shit even in 99-2000 was like the red hq's, green apples, Tp's were. And yes indeed these were some fucken awesome pills, but then again, it wasn't all that long ago white hearts, green CK's, safe sex's, dexters labs, blue sky's, versace's were around. I think pills have actually gotten a lot better, and a local presses are gradually surpasing imports at a alarming rate. I think this whole old school thing is just mainly a nostalgia thing, coz I found myself fondly remeniscing about hq's and green apples at occasions. Though I gotta say when it comes to acid, quality and potency has changed. Christ the acid back in 96-2000 was fucken great (think hoffmans, think fruits etc)
anyhoo....All in all quality with pills will always be generally quite consistent so dw folks.

Peace Out

^^^
just curious as to how you think local presses are getting better then the overseas presses, I mean how do you know that? how do you know a local pill?

A couple months ago, I grabbed a pill which I "thought" was local pressed, as when I split it with a pill cutter (they are handy those lil pill cutters!) there were segments of the pill that were different colours??? so my own mind thought it couldve been a local "re-press" off several types of pills + binders!? but hadnt found anything on the net to back-up my paranoia? lol...

I go clubbing at home with 2 guys who are a lot older than me (28 and 32) and the 32 year old has been taking MDMA for 14 years now! Back in 1990 MDMA was still very much an underground thing in the UK and pretty much non-existant in the US or Oz. Average pill was 10 pounds (damn australian keyboard and its lack of pound signs!) which is about $25 Australian and average dose was 150mg, twice the UK average now.
Cost 5 times as much as now, but you were almost guarenteed to get a strong pill and you'd never need more than 2.
My friend now does about 5 or 6 in a night and still finds it very enjoyable, but does like to comment on how pills were so much better "back in the day" and his "day" is about a decade before most of ours!

old skool ecstasy = something to make me jealous

2004 = stupid shit, jaded-making year.

Okay as for how I can tell what is import and what is local. I usually hate sayin shit without back up, but the last pills I had, Sevens, were a local press, so are some of the hearts goin around (not all). I mean pill pressing isn't done just by large syndicates, I know of a few ppl (who for obvious reasons i won't reveal where they are from) press pills themselves. And the pills they've been pressing are pretty damn nice. Just as good as the imports. And as for shit like A's, from a lot of direct info I can confirm for myself they were locals. You'd be surprised just how much even what are import stamps are just done locally. It's because it is easier to import mdma powder and press pills in this country, usually addding some locally made mda and stamping them. I'd say the days of imports are slowly gonna die and we are gonna see more of a local market. And pill presses don't seem to be as rare as even I used to think. Quite spun out actually. I actually had an offer from someone to press 2ci pills when I told them how good the shit was. But of course, not really something I wanna do. Anyway, I am prolly gonna get a lot of shit for this. But mneh, I aint expecting ppl to take this as gospel, just another perspective. Though I know there are other BL'ers who are clued on to this new trend in local market. Anyhoo,,

Peace Out

^^ everyone I talked to thought the A's were locals as well, as did I, being as crumbly as they were I don't think they would have survived being imported in that state..

also note that this is moving a bit off topic

Fry-d- said:

Old school ecstasy is more likely some jaded old timer ;)

LOL gotta agree with ya there.

I think it was because it was such an exciting time and new thing.

Speed has definately fucked the scene in that respect.

Plus I am jaded. hahahaha