• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What is meant by a "learned high"?

cletusSamboy

Bluelighter
I've read that opiates, weed and cocaine are learned highs? Does that mean one needs to repeatedly take the drug and over time they learn to know what to look out for in terms of effects or to begin to appreciate the effects better?

I have never heard of this term "learned high". Where did you hear this?

Yea it’s strange but my first few times with cannabis I didn’t get high, wasn’t until I smoked a stupid amount that I actually got high and boy did I get fucking high.

Opiates we’re different, I felt them in the beginning but just didn’t like them. Wasn’t until I “kept at it” that they eventually grew on me big time, now I can’t imagine life without them but hope to change that one day.

Cocaine is no learned high, you get what you get day 1 with that shit. Then it’s all downhill lol. It’s gotta be good of course. My first couple times were heaven.

-GC

Pretty sure I've read it on various sites like reddit where people were not getting what a drug does the first time they use it.

maybe it means "learned addiction"?

I've never experienced reverse tolerance to any drug.

The first time I did weed, coke, heroin, etc... I was high as fuck.

The first time I did opioids I was 11, had major surgery and was given IV morphine for 10+ days in the hospital. I remember every dose they gave me through the IV. I remember the first dose, I could feel it burning up my arm through the IV then once it hit my chest I was in bliss.

I was only 11 and was instantly hooked on opioids. I didn't truly understand the scenario at that point, but man, I knew what opioids felt like.

Yea it’s strange but my first few times with cannabis I didn’t get high, wasn’t until I smoked a stupid amount that I actually got high and boy did I get fucking high.

Opiates we’re different, I felt them in the beginning but just didn’t like them. Wasn’t until I “kept at it” that they eventually grew on me big time, now I can’t imagine life without them but hope to change that one day.

Cocaine is no learned high, you get what you get day 1 with that shit. Then it’s all downhill lol. It’s gotta be good of course. My first couple times were heaven.

-GC
First time i got slightly stoned I didn't even realize I was. Not until I smoked a lot I learned when I was high and when I wasn't.
Opiates I learned that lying down brought out reduced the nausea while bringing out the relaxing effects.
Coke I learned that using it around others or while actually doing something made it better. Same with amphetamine and meth.

It's when you feel a High the best after use that isn't your first but one of your first times (2 to 10 th time for example).

Upregularion of receptors
Is a possible cause.

Also being in withdrawal and getting High is generally better than being normal and getting high

It's when you feel a High the best after use that isn't your first but one of your first times (2 to 10 th time for example).

Upregularion of receptors
Is a possible cause.

Also being in withdrawal and getting High is generally better than being normal and getting high

My best highs were always when I was fiending the most. That’s another reason I quit heroin, there was kind of this plateau/numb out effect where I couldn’t get any more euphoria just nod.

A week off, then take a shot and it’s pure heaven.

-GC