• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What is making my anti depressants stop working

Mirtazipine is the only antidepressant I can tolerate. The rest just make me feel even worse even mirtazipine is only good for getting me to sleep it does nothing for my depression.

Jesus, Wellbutrin or Butrin doesn't interact at all with Clonazepam (Klonapin). Also OP, Klon doesn't work the way you are stating. When you take say .5 (3mg is a higher daily dose suggested by doctors in North America with 20mg being the maximum as you will pass out or worse) you will possibly feel something at the start, placebo or not. But Klon/Clonaz stays in your system for days and you can easily take too much and wind up in the hospital. If you are prescribed it and taking it properly you shouldn't have it "wear off" at all as it lasts more then 24 hours and you should be taking it daily unless otherwise perscribed. Again, Benzo's will NEVER interact with Wellbutrin.

On another note. I am a recovered alcoholic. DO NOT take Alcohol with any Anti-Depressants whatsoever. You literally are negating the effects of the Wellbutrin by putting a depressant in your body. Why take the medication if you are going to drink? This will NOT help you but rather put you back further and cause more anxiety and depression. Take it form someone who took fourteen years to get sober and took both those meds + Lithium and Seraquil (Quetiapine). If you MUST do something then smoke some cannabis if you handle it well. If it gives you anxiety then just stay away from both. Good Luck!

Where do I start with this. I guess we will take it piece meal. CyFiver, you really need to refrain from stating things as fact that you actually are not knowledgeable about. There's nothing wrong with not knowing, but there is definitely something wrong with posting misinformation as fact. Stop doing this immediately or we are going to have problems with your membership.

First off, you are utterly wrong about there being no interaction at all between Bupropion (Wellbutrin) and Clonazepam (Klonopin, Rivotril). When taking Bupropion with Clonazepam, if one is to cease using Clonazepam or reduce their dose, the Bupropion contributes to a higher likelihood of seizure. I don't know if you consider Grand Mal Seizures nothing, but they are a pretty serious medical emergency.

Next statement. "Clonazepam lasts for 24 hours". Again, I mean, this is just so wrong I'm blown away that you are confident in your information. The half-life a given drug does not run parallel to the duration of effect. This is really basic dude. If you knew anything about pharmacology or even used Google real quick, you would know this. Stop spreading misinformation.

The maximum recommended dose of Clonazepam is not 20mg. Are you fucking insane? Also, stop telling people that they "should be taking Benzodiazepines every day". Jesus. Again, you're unaware that the recommended guidelines state clearly that Benzodiazepines should be used acutely and for periods not exceeding two weeks, so when you tell people that they should be taking their Benzodiazepines every day, you are actively contributing to the development of addiction and dependence.

Normally, I wouldn't be so upset by this, but you just posted a wall of misinformation and bullshit. If you do this again, we are going to have problems. You need to conduct research before just arbitrarily posting information.

Jesus, Wellbutrin or Butrin doesn't interact at all with Clonazepam (Klonapin). Also OP, Klon doesn't work the way you are stating. When you take say .5 (3mg is a higher daily dose suggested by doctors in North America with 20mg being the maximum as you will pass out or worse) you will possibly feel something at the start, placebo or not. But Klon/Clonaz stays in your system for days and you can easily take too much and wind up in the hospital. If you are prescribed it and taking it properly you shouldn't have it "wear off" at all as it lasts more then 24 hours and you should be taking it daily unless otherwise perscribed. Again, Benzo's will NEVER interact with Wellbutrin.

^ This is inaccurate information regarding clonazepam. Nobody gets prescribed this medication at 20 mg a day and yes, there are possible drug interactions. Additionally, if a person were to abruptly stop using clonazepam whilst taking Wellbutrin, that would put him at a higher risk for seizures.

Thank you Keif for clearing this up!

^ This is inaccurate information regarding clonazepam. Nobody gets prescribed this medication at 20 mg a day and yes, there are possible drug interactions. Additionally, if a person were to abruptly stop using clonazepam whilst taking Wellbutrin, that would put him at a higher risk for seizures.

Thank you Keif for clearing this up!

Medicational dosage for clonazolam(klonopin) for healthy average adults without tolerance is indeed 2mg daily up to x3 depending on the case. Yes, klonopin WILL interact with wellbutrin and klonopin withdrawal during wellbutrin usage WILL put you at seizure risk depending on the level of your habituation.

Tez

Mirtazipine is the only antidepressant I can tolerate. The rest just make me feel even worse even mirtazipine is only good for getting me to sleep it does nothing for my depression.
I'm curious at what dose has mirtazapine been ineffective for your depression?

It is thought that at doses such as 15mg-30mg (depending on body weight) mirtazapine acts largely with non-antidepressant effects, and that the anti-depressant properties only really kick in at doses above that such as 45mg+

There can also be a period of many weeks where the sedating anti-histamine effects are desensitized - strong antihistamine effects could also interfere with the anti-depressant properties

CY

I only take 15mgs of mirtazipine to help me sleep and I alternate between them promethezime and diazepam. My doctor wanted to up the dose to 30mg and eventually 45mg but I refused mainly because I have serious doubts on the low serotonin causing depression hypothesis. I've never felt good whilst taking any antidepressant for a sustained period and my depression and anxiety are situational so popping a pill won't fix my life. I believe the cure for depression comes from within but that's a different discussion.