• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What if there's nothing to recover?

treezy z

Bluelighter
I keep hearing this word recovery. Before I even used drugs my life and mind were fucked.

So what the fuck am I recovering?

I want to build something new.

Ditto. I'm doing it ANYWAY. No known "something new", but my old ways got me broke and unhappy.

Ditto. I'm doing it ANYWAY. No known "something new", but my old ways got me broke and unhappy.

Yeah I have no idea what exactly I'm going for (beyond practicing Christianity the way I should,) but drugs were not the way.

Do you have school/work?

What are your hobbies?

You should also be intellectually active. Go to museums, go to national/state/local parks, read, etc :)

I work, my hobbies are making music, lifting weights, walking riding bikes.

I keep hearing this word recovery. Before I even used drugs my life and mind were fucked.

So what the fuck am I recovering?

I want to build something new.

I think you answered you own question - you're recovering a new life :)

You said even before drugs you had mental health issues - I think that where you should focus as you build the foundation for your new life. If you can get a handle on those the addiction piece is not to difficult to resolve. Addiction is a symptom of a larger issue. Identifying and resolving that underlying issue is the hardest part to getting healthy.

You have to value yourself treezy. If you don't value yourself there is nothing to recover because self has no value to you.

Have you ever sat down with a pad and pen and wrote the things you like and dislike about yourself? It is important. It will indicate the things you should expand on, and the things you should work on getting rid of. I personally have a problem with trust. I have to work really hard to be able to trust people, but I do still believe that this can get better.

Have you seen a psychiatrist? Have you tried travel? Travel will open your mind and expand your worldview. It also gives you something to look forward to.

You are christian right? What is religion without good works? Maybe try doing some volunteer work. You might save a kid from going down the same path as you simply by showing an interest in their life.

This is my problem. Too, what is after the months of hard withdrawals?ive always had mental issues, no goals or any real passions..after 15 years of addiction i hhave even less energy and desire..when people talk about passion im like 'where does this come from'..I have a few hobbies but no real passion behind them..