• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

what have you learned about yourself today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
today i learned to listen more to my instinct rather than acting with my head.. =D

nephil said:
what have you learned about yourself today?

That no matter how depressed I get, or how bad I feel about myself, that people(friends) that don't have to give a shit/care about me, really do.

shannabanana said:
I can run 1 km. Please let me post next sunday that I learned I can run 2 km.

good for you girl! you will do it...if not next sunday, then oneday soon :)

Here is an epiphany that occurred to me only moments ago while reading a thread in the Dark Side called, my cunundrum with drugs and life, it is my reason to live:

To learn how to love, care for and be at peace with myself and how to love others more completely and unconditionally. This could take a lifetime and I think I'm up for the challenge now. Love is life-affirming.

-spunpixiegirl

I hold on to things and people that don't fit me anymore...for way too long. It's ok to let go or lessen their significance because there's more out there for me.

I'm a natural teacher...I have a knack for it.

A wise friend pointed out to me today that the conversation we were having was egoless on my part. I didn't think I was capable of such a thing ;)

Life can be simpler for me if I just break down and make a choice. The less I ride the fence, the more settled I'll become.

that the whole world does not work in synch with me or my thoughts

that i can deal with that^^^

that i am one of few people i know who spend more than 75% of their awake time analyzing everything

that i am motivated really, it just takes a good kick in the boo-tay, or something amazing to look forward too...in this case the latter

that THC really is a stimulant!!!;):D

this thread... looove

today, or rather the past couple days, i've learned...

*that sometimes you just have to move on, get away from, forget about the things you cant have. there's barriers and road blocks for reasons... and sometimes, it's not to get past them. sometimes.... it's to learn how to fuckin turn around and start over. or try a different route... it's all about realizing that if shit doesnt turn out the way you want it to, it's not because you didn't try hard enough.. it's because it jsut wasn't meant to be.
*that taking a break from seeing / talking to close friends or family members can be good. it really allows you to understand what you're missing, and what you really love about those people. you know the quote... "absense makes the heart grow fonder." ah... and that it does.
*that the connection you established with someone in the beginning can quickly fade when you find out something you would have been better off not knowing about... especially when it's something that person is hiding from you, obviously deliberately.
*that pain doesn't have to hurt. it can teach, it can protect, and it can feel reeeeeeaaaaaal good sometimes.

and now for a few small things:
*that insomnia is bad, sleep is good
*that i need to post less on here bc a little less than 700 posts in one month is depressing... seriously.
*that i have an extremely low tolerance for alcohol... or i got slipped something wicked last night... because waking up with rug burn on your cheek, a nasty hangover, water and popcorn spilled all over your floor, and 14 strands of mardi-gras beads can only mean one thing... and to be honest, i wish i remembered that night!

^^^its still early but ive been made aware of a few things by you, FD :) thank-ewww

I dont have as much will power as I'd like to have beleived... and im a lot lazier too

I am taking a training class at work called interpersonal and team effectiveness that lasts 16 hours over a 2 day span. Boy did I learn a lot about myself today. We took the myers-briggs before the class began and have a trained professional explaining what our results mean. I have taken it before but I learned so much about how I am and how to deal with those opposite of myself. we also covered listening and giving and receiving feedback negetive or positive. I think everyone should take this class, it is definately making me more self aware.

faithfully dangerous said:
i learned that insomnia is worse than anything. ever. at first it was fun. now... it's hell. :(8( 8) :X :|

hmmmm i can relate...insomnia and a sick stomach do not make for a happy nicole

today i learnt that no matter what i have done or will do, someone will always be there for me!

I have read some of the most beautiful words on this thread tonite, and it just makes me feel good that even with what goes on in the world, there are fantasic people like you making sure we can at least enjoy what we have!

:)

i learned that damian, the lead singer of ok go, is gorgeous.

and, that promises are too easily broken... ::::sigh:::: dreams don't fucking come true, no matter how many times you wish upon those goddamned stars...

I can be a wimp and it makes me look like an asshole because I don't want to hurt people.
So confusing

Status
Not open for further replies.